Narcissistic Personality Disorder

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]CAP1015 wrote:
My MIL is fucking Satan incarnate.

[/quote]

I would have murdered the old cunt after #3.[/quote]

Not if you love your wife and children.

That is your wifes mother and your childrens grandmother.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]CAP1015 wrote:
My MIL is fucking Satan incarnate.

[/quote]

I would have murdered the old cunt after #3.[/quote]

Not if you love your wife and children.

That is your wifes mother and your childrens grandmother.[/quote]

Steel Nation, Derek is correct, HOWEVER, I will not lie and say that the thought didn’t cross my mind, and I will admit it was way more than once.

I’m in a place where I’m really questioning life right now, I have this person in my Mother-in-law who I can’t for the life of me see any redeeming value to anyone, even herself and our friends and neighbors have an 11 year boy whom me and my family adore, and he is literally fighting for his life as his leukemia has returned.

I ask why him and not my mother-in-law…two weeks ago as we were discussing this, I said “I can’t imagine the agony the parents must be going through and how if I could I would give my life for my daughters, no questioned asked” My mother-in-law said “well, not me, I’m fighting to the bitter end and so should everybody else”…I had to leave the room…like I said, I’m really not sure of a lot of things lately…

[quote]CAP1015 wrote:
My mother-in-law said “well, not me, I’m fighting to the bitter end and so should everybody else”…I had to leave the room.[/quote]
I was under the impression, after reading your longer post, that you put her in a home.
Why then do you go visit her? (or did I misunderstand)

She sounds like she IS “cancer” and will kill what is good in life around her. I would separate myself completely from this person, like that therapist told you to do. And as for supplying care, has she sued you for parental support? why can’t you just say we are done paying and drive her to a home. Have witnesses around to testify since it sounds like she will sue you one way or the other.

I should also say that I have not had to deal with this in my immediate family so take that with a grain of salt. I have cut off talking to cousins and one close friend for much less then this. Just thought I should mention that in case you think you owe this women something you haven’t already paid for in full. /rant.

This is upsetting to read so I am sure it is 1000x worse.

^ It is worse than it sounds.

CAP loves his wife and child.

They love their mother and grandmother.

He is juggling eggs as best he can, this is what we do as MEN. We stand by our wifes and children, we do not do things for ourselves. (well somethings of course)

ONLY his wife can decide what to do with her mom, if he wants his marriage to last that is the ONLY choice he can make.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Having a discussion with a person who truly believes that her vagina is being monitored by the FBI and she must fornicate with as many men as possible so it will throw off the FBI. Bat shit crazy. [/quote]

Well, was she hot?

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Having a discussion with a person who truly believes that her vagina is being monitored by the FBI and she must fornicate with as many men as possible so it will throw off the FBI. Bat shit crazy. [/quote]

Well, was she hot?[/quote]

keep reading I posted a picture

[quote]JLone wrote:

A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:
React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation
Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals
Have excessive feelings of self-importance
Exaggerate achievements and talents
Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love
Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
Need constant attention and admiration
Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy
Have obsessive self-interest
Pursue mainly selfish goals

[/quote]

how many of those do I have to cop to to have this cool sounding disorder? “Hi, I’m Steve and I have NPD”.

What’s the problem here? She’s a mother-in-law. Poison her and be done with it. Man-up.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

And did you help her slip the FBI…at least momentarily?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
@ X Lol

Having a discussion with a person who truly believes that her vagina is being monitored by the FBI and she must fornicate with as many men as possible so it will throw off the FBI. Bat shit crazy.

[/quote]

Had an ex that thought the government was monitoring her through a pen, TV, phone… Just about everything.

She also thought that the govenment was going to kill everyone she loved unless she had sex with groups of random men.

She was in the mental ward a few times during our relationship. It was not a good time.

Cap, I seriously feel for you… It has to be really frustrating to deal with this everyday.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
@ X Lol

Having a discussion with a person who truly believes that her vagina is being monitored by the FBI and she must fornicate with as many men as possible so it will throw off the FBI. Bat shit crazy.
[/quote]

O_O

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

And did you help her slip the FBI…at least momentarily?[/quote]

LOL no she was a patient in the ER.

She also had a continuous sore on her leg that was infected with the shit yes her own shit she was packing into the wound.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

And did you help her slip the FBI…at least momentarily?[/quote]

LOL no she was a patient in the ER.

She also had a continuous sore on her leg that was infected with the shit yes her own shit she was packing into the wound. [/quote]

O_O

^ Yes that is the difference between crazy and some 20 year old kid who is obsessed with wearing Tap out shirts and getting their hair done.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
^ Yes that is the difference between crazy and some 20 year old kid who is obsessed with wearing Tap out shirts and getting their hair done. [/quote]

Still wondering whether it is a good sign that she at least used her own shit.

No offense but I really, truly do not want your job.

I would not know whether to laugh, cry, or become a serial killer.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
^ Yes that is the difference between crazy and some 20 year old kid who is obsessed with wearing Tap out shirts and getting their hair done. [/quote]

Still wondering whether it is a good sign that she at least used her own shit.

No offense but I really, truly do not want your job.

I would not know whether to laugh, cry, or become a serial killer. [/quote]

Lol that was my old job.

She kept doing it so she could get admitted into the hospital.

She was bat shit crazy.

CAP your mil is a monster!

Is it ultimatum time with the wife? Meaning the mil goes or we do?

Maybe she’s ready to jump at the chance to cut off all contact with the mom an ultimatum could give her the push she needs. Oh and you have to mean ultimatums in order for them to work.

or mmmm pillow.

Just kidding

sort of.

0:-)

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]CAP1015 wrote:
My mother-in-law said “well, not me, I’m fighting to the bitter end and so should everybody else”…I had to leave the room.[/quote]
I was under the impression, after reading your longer post, that you put her in a home.
Why then do you go visit her? (or did I misunderstand)

She sounds like she IS “cancer” and will kill what is good in life around her. I would separate myself completely from this person, like that therapist told you to do. And as for supplying care, has she sued you for parental support? why can’t you just say we are done paying and drive her to a home. Have witnesses around to testify since it sounds like she will sue you one way or the other.

I should also say that I have not had to deal with this in my immediate family so take that with a grain of salt. I have cut off talking to cousins and one close friend for much less then this. Just thought I should mention that in case you think you owe this women something you haven’t already paid for in full. /rant.

This is upsetting to read so I am sure it is 1000x worse.[/quote]

Steel appreciate the comments/questions/opinions. yes we did put in an assisted living facility. However as my wife is sole survivor and she is not destitute, we are responsible for her care unless we completely cut all ties, at which time her affairs and estate become subject to whomever she chooses or if she is declared incompetant, then she becomes more or less a ward of the state. Like I said she has some resources ( of which I am the Durable power of attorney) that is where her suit is coming in that she wants to challenge us using her funds to place her a home. We are trying to limit as much contact as possible. We do have witnesses supporting us, she is just clever and knows that even if the claims are unfounded it results in us having to defend them.

The biggest issue is the emotional toll on my wife and daughter, and she is an expert at that. In all honesty if she would die it would be a great relief as I just don’t see her ever changing, even 5 minutes before she dies.

Make sense?

[quote]CAP1015 wrote:
Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

Has anyone ever had to deal with a family member, specifically a parent that has been diagnosed as having severe Narcissistic Personality Disorder? My aged and ill Mother-in-law was diagnosed by the Hospice team and it is clear that they are correct.

The effect on my family of her behavior has been crippling. Our friends and other extended family members are struggling with us due to our/the health teams actions in dealing with her. They are struggling/upset due to:
a.) not understanding,
b.) not realizing the manipulation and deceit used by those with this condition
c.) pure out and out claims that we are wrong.

I have researched some websites and as much literature as I can muster, but wondered if anyone had any first-hand experience or advice?

Thanks.
[/quote]

Damn.
It’s one thing to be a little selfish it’s a whole other to be clinically diagnosed as narcissistic. It escapes people the difference. You can’t just beat the shit out of them and make it go away. It’s a wiring problem in a lot of cases. I would also hazard the guess that this is actually symptom of another underlying issue. At least it’s easier if there is other clinical problems going on that are treatable because this one is very hard to treat. I sense perhaps a little dementia too but I don’t know.

It’s hard to say anything really. I have dealt with a narcissist, but he’s just an asshole, not sick. Perhaps, you should take charge and be the liaison between her and the rest of the family. That way you can tell her, she won’t see anybody unless she acts right.
There is also, don’t let her guilt you into things. Basically know everything she says is a lie and is manipulative. When your around let her know, that you are in control. I don’t think you need to be nice anymore, that’s not going to work anyway. Narcissists understand force. If your nice they just take advantage. Since it’s not your mother, you can take a harder stand than your wife could and that would help everyone.
For instance, if she starts to act up, you just leave. Let her know it won’t be tolerated. Your not going to change her, all you can do is a little behavior control at this point.

Otherwise, I am sorry to here about this situation. It must be very difficult.

What’s the problem here? She’s a mother-in-law. Poison her and be done with it. Man-up. [/quote]

I tried but the rat poison saw her and made a run for the street right into the path of a bus!

All kidding aside, you know hard it is to get liquid morphine when you aren’t a DR.?

And BG on your comment about “Hi I’m Steve and I have NPD”…I was with you, sounds like some kind of psycho babble to blame being a fuck up on…however in my research those with the actual disorder have strikingly similar personalities to serial killers. They are sociapathic, usually have no ability to feel empathy or sympathy accept when it relates to their own needs. They also have incredibly strong survival instincts, I’ve told everyone if my MIL was in a life boat with 3 alligators, when rescued she would me munching on Alligator jerky and have a new pair of shoes and two purses!

The things that they do to young/children adults is what is shocking and explains why my wife has the issues she does with her mom…

Thanks for the post made me laugh out loud…and no kidding if it doesn’t get better I’m not afraid to call Rogue Vampire to straighten this shit out!