Nappy Headed Mormons?

“As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don’t worry about that; that’s a temporary situation,” Sharpton said Monday during a debate with Hitchens at the New York Public Library’s Beaux-Arts headquarters.

The comment was first reported Tuesday in a blog on The New York Times’ Web site.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/05/09/romney.sharpton.ap/index.html

nothing to see here folks, as far as sharpton is concerned its only racism or a hate crime if its against a minority of color…

He really is an embarrassment to all humanity.

Too bad he doesn’t work for CBS or some other big media outlet…he’d be fired at once!

Yeah, right!

Sharpton’s obviously a clown, but I will agree with what I think he meant, which is that Mormons aren’t Christians. Nicest people in the world, but not Christians.

He belongs in IL politics.

“Christ would not vote for Barack Obama.” -Alan Keyes

http://www.nbc5.com/politics/3712293/detail.html

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Sharpton’s obviously a clown, but I will agree with what I think he meant, which is that Mormons aren’t Christians. Nicest people in the world, but not Christians.[/quote]

What does being mormom have to do with anything?
Please explain to an athiest what you meant?
Am I less an American because of my belief in non-belief?

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Sharpton’s obviously a clown, but I will agree with what I think he meant, which is that Mormons aren’t Christians. Nicest people in the world, but not Christians.[/quote]

Yeah and Sharpton and Jackson are Christians, my ass.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:

Why are Mormons not Christians? Whether they get into heaven or not is for God to decide. They may not worship the way you do, but they worship Christ and his teachings and MOST are morally strong people. Don’t slander their religon because you don’t agree with it, when they are morally upstanding people for the most part, like well most Christians except for the Sharptons and Jacksons.

So this is where all the thinkers have gone? Gotta venture over here every now and again.
Christian belief is inherently American these days, sucks to say so but… They say we will be ripped of moral fiber without religion. I beg to differ - strongly.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
So this is where all the thinkers have gone? Gotta venture over here every now and again.
Christian belief is inherently American these days, sucks to say so but… They say we will be ripped of moral fiber without religion. I beg to differ - strongly.[/quote]

As do I just because I am an athiest doesn’t make me less moral, in fact a catholic friend of mine said I am in fact more noble due to my non-belief because I have no fear of damnation, and yet I do what is considered “moral and decent”

Al Sharpton is a racist hack. We done here?

And oh, even though the Book of Mormon is wierd as hell for a holy book, it reads like a novel. A good one. Check it out!

Orson Scott Card (a Mormon author) has written some really great fictional stuff about the Book of Mormon that I really enjoyed.

[quote]jumper wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
Sharpton’s obviously a clown, but I will agree with what I think he meant, which is that Mormons aren’t Christians. Nicest people in the world, but not Christians.

Why are Mormons not Christians? Whether they get into heaven or not is for God to decide. They may not worship the way you do, but they worship Christ and his teachings and MOST are morally strong people. Don’t slander their religon because you don’t agree with it, when they are morally upstanding people for the most part, like well most Christians except for the Sharptons and Jacksons.[/quote]

I never said they’e not “morally upstanding people,” I just said that they aren’t Christians. They worship Christ, but they’re essentially polytheists, and can’t agree with the whole Apostolic Creed.

That’s kind of a big thing, I’d say accepting all the tenets of the Apostolic and Nicene Creeds marks you as a Christian. Again, this isn’t a judgement on Mormons as people, it’s just a theological observation.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:

THEN THEM THAR FOLKS 'TAINT NO GOOD AT 'TALL THEN! RHAAAAAAAAT?

I’ve worked with some of the Mormons, and they are indeed some of the kindest and most hard-working folks I’ve known. People who refer to themselves as “real” Christians seem to see the Latter Day Saints as cultists of a type, adherents to a made-up religion.

The primary arguments against the validity of their faith seem to boil down basically to the fact that the religion is less than a thousand years old, and was founded by an American, and is full of general weirdness.

If age is a determining factor with regard to religious authority, surely we were all Buddhists in our previous lives, right?

I grew up in a Christian home, and I’m glad for it, but if I’m going to judge a person’s faith based upon the wierdness contained within his or her “Holy” text of choice, then admittedly, all religions fail. I’m not a bible scholar by any stretch of the imagination, but here’s some of the oddities I remember from bible school, just off the top of my head:

1 magical flaming sword (guarding the garden of eden)

2 talking animals (one serpent and one ass)

1 superman who’s strength was lost because of a haircut.

1 guy flying straight to heaven on a chariot.

2 people walking on water

2 people being brought back to life after being dead for more than a day or so.

Assorted healings and miracles.

In short, I’m not sure that the Mormon faith fails any logic-based test that some other religion would pass. That’s why it’s called “faith” as in “Faith is the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:something.

Reverend Al say’s he didn’t say anything bad about mormons and that shouldn’t be construed as bigotry. He is however going on a non-apology tour to meet with the various mormons of power and assure them he is not a bigot. What goes around comes around, now if someeone else would go to hymie-town and explain a career of anti-semitism…