Nappy-Headed Hos

Does anyone actually believe “nappy-headed ho” is a phrase Imus grew up hearing? It’s more likely something he’s heard blaring out of a kid’s speakers while in traffic.

So, how can one justify firing this guy, yet not demand the same be done for a good number of music stars? It’s damn near every other day I hear offensive and/or racially charged rhymes thundering out of the car next to me at a red light.

And don’t even get me started on Al Sharpton…What a hypocrite.

this is ridiculous. I’ve been hearing about it on ESPN and the radio and had to do a google search just to find out what he said. People are way too sensitive. Watch out he might call you mean! This isn’t worth anymore of my time.

Maybe I should go after anyone who uses the phrase “red-headed step child.” rolls eyes

I think everyone is over-reacting. Yes, the comment was racist and unnecessary, but who gives a shit? If I was a player on a basketball team and a black radio personality called us all a bunch of “cracker peckerheads” I’d probably laugh, not feel terribly hurt.

Imus will just get another job on Sirius/XM (one in the same now).

He said nothing racist but it was stupid.

Wait, so Nappy-Headed Hos is considerd racist?

[quote]John S. wrote:
Wait, so Nappy-Headed Hos is considerd racist?[/quote]

I hope you are being sarcastic.

I was, sorry forgot to put (/sarcasm)

2 Words to Al Sharpton
Tawana Bradley
2 Words to Jesse Jackson
Hyme Town

The last thing he should have done is apologize for his comment. Fuck those nappy-headed hos–and all nappy-headed hos for that matter. Political correctness be damned.

Is anyone really shocked here? why is this news? Does anyone really think it was a racist comment? And if it was so what? One more racist/sexist white guy with a radio talk show–stop the presses.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
John S. wrote:
Wait, so Nappy-Headed Hos is considerd racist?

I hope you are being sarcastic.[/quote]

Nappy-headed ho’s is a great phrase. I can’t believe it is racist!

My grandma used to call us a bunch of nappy-headed ho’s

That’s it I’m taking nappy-headed ho’s back! I’m restoring this great phrase!

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
The last thing he should have done is apologize for his comment. Fuck those nappy-headed hos–and all nappy-headed hos for that matter. Political correctness be damned.

Is anyone really shocked here? why is this news? Does anyone really think it was a racist comment? And if it was so what? One more racist/sexist white guy with a radio talk show–stop the presses.[/quote]

It wasn’t racist it was sexist
Definition of racism can be found here

Show me where a former coke headed loud mouth had power over these ladies?
It was bigoted not racist

This is just a political issue. There are countless Democrat public figures who say racist crap all the time and you never see that on any major media network, wonder why? For example, when Hillary calls people nasty jews no one says a thing.

So should Imus be fired? Not unless they are going to hold everyone on the Left accountable for their comments just like they do on the Right.

The day the media publicly denounces Jesse Jackson, Luis Farrakhan, or Hillary Clinton for their racist comments is the day the Imus should be fired.

[quote]haney1 wrote:
Nappy-headed ho’s is a great phrase. I can’t believe it is racist!

My grandma used to call us a bunch of nappy-headed ho’s

That’s it I’m taking nappy-headed ho’s back! I’m restoring this great phrase!
[/quote]

What a cute little porch-monkey!

[quote]nephorm wrote:

What a cute little porch-monkey![/quote]

…taking another brick out of the wall of political correct thinking.

Pardon me for punking out. I’m a follower not a leader.

What’s up with all these celebrities saying sorry. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

[quote]david dunne wrote:

Why are all the black rappers who consistently refer to black women as “hos” apologizing to Sharpton? Why aren’t they being called upon to be fired? Where is the uproar over that?

[/quote]

Great point. Especially because off the top of my head I can think of two songs that have “ho” in the title.

He said it jokingly and then I believe he said one of the girls from the other team was cute. In no way was it racist, sexist…yea maybe a little.

The most ridiculous thing about this is watching the Rutgers coach go on ESPN at the press conference. I only watched about a minute then I turned the channel.

He did not need to go on any show to apologize. I doubt he is sorry at all and if that is the case no need to apologize.

“Nappy Headed Hos”.

Offensive? If you’re sensitive.
Racist? I can’t find a racist cue in Imus’s phrase.

Al Sharpton’s involved, and MSNBC’s whining about Imus’s racial words.

Stern and Imus walk a thin line for a living - they’re Shock Jocks. If someone’s not offended on a daily basis, they’re not doing their job.
Just don’t turn an offensive comment into a racial one.

Calling for Imus’s resignation based on racial words is ABSURD.

Look, you just can’t pull the racial card everytime something hurtful is said. You can’t claim to be victim of racism when you’re simply the target of a smart-ass remark.

Letting stuff roll down your shoulder is a valuable skill. You’ll be a miserable whiner if you set a parade everytime you’re insulted.
Someone makes a smart-ass remark, don’t let it get to you. Make a smart-ass remark back. Grow a SPINE.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Is anyone really shocked here? why is this news? Does anyone really think it was a racist comment? And if it was so what? One more racist/sexist white guy with a radio talk show–stop the presses.[/quote]

Holy shit! I aggree with lifticvs on something.

I am not typically this mean spirited, but I believe I will celebrate the days when Jesse Jackson and Al sharpton die. Two bigger media whores do not exist. Their overwhelming joy in destroying peoples lives for a little face time just makes me sick.

Don’t we need some human shields over in iraq? Actually, we could tell the terrorists that if they don’t knock off their shit, we’ll send them these two assholes. That’ll end terror tactics.

As a teacher, we have to be VERY careful what we say. One wrong word, one comment, and you’re gone. If a teacher said what Imus did, they’d be fired and the school would be sued by money-hungry parents.

I’m amazed how careers can be ruined because of a momentary lapse in judgment.

Big Brother is indeed watching us…