Nancy Pelosi's First 100 Hours

as Speaker of the House, if the Democrats regain control.

Day One: Put new rules in place to “break the link between lobbyists and legislation.”

Day Two: Enact all the recommendations made by the commission that investigated the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Time remaining until 100 hours: Raise the minimum wage to $7.25 an hour, maybe in one step. Cut the interest rate on student loans in half. Allow the government to negotiate directly with the pharmaceutical companies for lower drug prices for Medicare patients.

Broaden the types of stem cell research allowed with federal funds- “I hope with a veto-proof majority,” she added in an Associated Press interview Thursday.

All the days after that: “Pay as you go,” meaning no increasing the deficit, whether the issue is middle class tax relief, health care or some other priority.

To do that, she said, Bush-era tax cuts would have to be rolled back for those above “a certain level.” She mentioned annual incomes of $250,000 or $300,000 a year and higher, and said tax rates for those individuals might revert to those of the Clinton era. Details will have to be worked out, she emphasized.

“We believe in the marketplace,” Pelosi said of Democrats, then drew a contrast with Republicans. “They have only rewarded wealth, not work.”

[quote]Brad61 wrote:

Day One: Put new rules in place to “break the link between lobbyists and legislation.”

…[/quote]

When she starts off with a complete and utter bullshit statement like this how are we supposed to take her seriously?

Why do you?

[quote]Brad61 wrote:

Day Two: Enact all the recommendations made by the commission that investigated the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Time remaining until 100 hours: Raise the minimum wage to $7.25 an hour, maybe in one step. Cut the interest rate on student loans in half. Allow the government to negotiate directly with the pharmaceutical companies for lower drug prices for Medicare patients.

Broaden the types of stem cell research allowed with federal funds- “I hope with a veto-proof majority,” she added in an Associated Press interview Thursday.

All the days after that: “Pay as you go,” meaning no increasing the deficit, whether the issue is middle class tax relief, health care or some other priority.

To do that, she said, Bush-era tax cuts would have to be rolled back for those above “a certain level.” She mentioned annual incomes of $250,000 or $300,000 a year and higher, and said tax rates for those individuals might revert to those of the Clinton era. Details will have to be worked out, she emphasized.

“We believe in the marketplace,” Pelosi said of Democrats, then drew a contrast with Republicans. “They have only rewarded wealth, not work.”[/quote]

F Nancy Pelosi.

AMT has never changed so there is no way to raise taxes on personal incomes of $250K to $300K.

What a F-Tard!

I’m glad to see all of the Republican’s are a little worried that a Democrat might control the Congress.

Yeah, it would be a real shame if the working people of this country were given a break. They sure could use the help.

I’ll bet it really pisses off all of you that the minimum wage might go up for the first time in nine years.

You people are unhappy,ungrateful, pathetic swine. Shut the hell up and read a book.

[quote]Skystud wrote:
Yeah, it would be a real shame if the working people of this country were given a break. They sure could use the help.

I’ll bet it really pisses off all of you that the minimum wage might go up for the first time in nine years.
[/quote]

If by “working people” you mean the lazy card carrying union workers that think they are owed a job simply because they draw a breath…then yes it pisses me off.

Since when should the lowest rung on the economic ladder get a raise for no reason? Hard work should determine how much you make - not congress.

And this is coming from a person that just 15 years ago was making 1400/month trying to support a wife and 2 kids. So I have been there, and have no sympathy for the lazy fucks that won’t better themselves. They are a drain on the economy - and a drain on my wallet.

[quote]Skystud wrote:
I’m glad to see all of the Republican’s are a little worried that a Democrat might control the Congress.[/quote]

Not just a Democrat - Nancy Pelosi. Big difference.

The leadership of the Democratic party have about as much in common with the working class as Rush Limbaugh has with Al Franken.

Further, Pelosi’s vineyards and hotels don’t use union labor. How about that? Unions for thee, but not for me!

Real working class hero, that Pelosi.

It might if the unintended consequences aren’t considered.

Always humorous when a half-literate lefty tries to pull the whole ‘conservatives don’t read good’ slur. Try something else.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Skystud wrote:

If by “working people” you mean the lazy card carrying union workers that think they are owed a job simply because they draw a breath…then yes it pisses me off.

Since when should the lowest rung on the economic ladder get a raise for no reason? Hard work should determine how much you make - not congress.

And this is coming from a person that just 15 years ago was making 1400/month trying to support a wife and 2 kids. So I have been there, and have no sympathy for the lazy fucks that won’t better themselves. They are a drain on the economy - and a drain on my wallet. [/quote]

Obviously it has nothing to do with hard work. Jeebus. Roll back the tax cuts to Clinton 2000. Everything will be just fine. Of course.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Skystud wrote:
I’m glad to see all of the Republican’s are a little worried that a Democrat might control the Congress.

The leadership of the Democratic party have about as much in common with the working class as Rush Limbaugh has with Al Franken.

Further, Pelosi’s vineyards and hotels don’t use union labor. How about that? Unions for thee, but not for me!

You people are unhappy,ungrateful, pathetic swine. Shut the hell up and read a book.

Always humorous when a half-literate lefty tries to pull the whole ‘conservatives don’t read good’ slur. Try something else.[/quote]

There are no unintended consequences of minimum wage going up. This has been debunked over and over…unless you mean economy improving then yes…that does seem to happen…which is good.

[quote]100meters wrote:
Obviously it has nothing to do with hard work. Jeebus. Roll back the tax cuts to Clinton 2000. Everything will be just fine. Of course.[/quote]

Sure, because we all know that a nation can be taxed into prosperity. That always works.

More taxes always make everything just fine. [/sarcasm]

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Skystud wrote:

Always humorous when a half-literate lefty tries to pull the whole ‘conservatives don’t read good’ slur. Try something else.[/quote]

Ok, thundercult, What problem do you have with a raise of the minimum wage? This should be good. :slight_smile:

[quote]100meters wrote:

There are no unintended consequences of minimum wage going up. This has been debunked over and over…unless you mean economy improving then yes…that does seem to happen…which is good.[/quote]

None at all, huh? Debunked, huh?

“A 2003 survey by Dan Fuller and Doris Geide-Stevenson reports that 46% of academic economists in the US agreed with the statement, ‘a minimum wage increases unemployment among young and unskilled workers’, 28% partly agreed, and 27% disagreed. The authors of this study also reweighted data from a 1990 sample to show that at that time 62% of academic economists agreed with the statement above, while 19.5% partly agreed and 17.5% disagreed.”

Full report:

[quote]Skystud wrote:

Ok, thundercult, What problem do you have with a raise of the minimum wage? This should be good. :)[/quote]

Oh, the Wikipedia article I referenced for 100meters has a nice summary:

No, thunderbolt. Why do YOU have a problem with raising the minimum wage. Don’t give me a bunch of bullshit studies by a bunch of bean counting but munchers.

I want to know why YOU have a problem with it. I myself would like everyone to be happy. But everytime someone talks about bringing it up, everybody acts like it’s a problem while at the same time never questioning why Top management gets a raise all the time. Paaaaalleeessse, This answer you gave me is horseshit.You can do a lot better than this.

[quote]Skystud wrote:
No, thunderbolt. Why do YOU have a problem with raising the minimum wage. Don’t give me a bunch of bullshit studies by a bunch of bean counting but munchers.

[/quote]

In otherwords, screw the majority opinion (a rather large majority, it seems) of folks who study the economy as a science. Let’s just toss aside proffessional opinion and vote to up the minimum wage anyways. It’ll make us feel all caring, and stuff.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Skystud wrote:

In otherwords, screw the majority input of folks who study the economy as a science. Let’s just toss aside proffessional opinion and vote to up the minimum wage anyways. It’ll make fell all caring, and stuff.
[/quote]

Read this post. The citizens we elect to look after people in this country, refuse to raise the minimum wage, but they all agree they are worthy of a raise.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/20/politics/main957660.shtml

The government shouldn’t be dictating a mininum wage, period.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
The government shouldn’t be dictating a mininum wage, period.[/quote]

uh, what planet are you from. If there wasn’t a minimum it would go down further, believe me. Maybe that’s why the Republican party doesn’t have a problem with all the mexicans crossing into this country illegally, while immigrants from other countries must follow all the rules. This should be a big deal, because it’s not just the highschool kids working these jobs anymore. It is the retired people who have had their pensions cut that are working these jobs for the medical benefits. And don’t even get me started on why everyone in this country isn’t entitled to AFFORDABLE healthcare.

Our congress ignores the needs of the people, while they repeatedly fatten their own pockets with taxpayer money. And yet, after more than 10 years of a republican controlled congress, we still don’t have adequate school funding, tax reform, healthcare reform, social security reform. You name it. The republicans have failed the people. And I’m beginning to realize that the people are too stupid to know what good government is. They elected an idiot as president twice.

And yet the people who come on here bash those who make less than they do, while whining that their fovorite news station is labled biased. Did we really need those new fighter/bomber aircraft? Did we really need this war?
It’s time for government to do what it is supposed to do. To do for the people that which the people can’t do for themselves.

[quote]Skystud wrote:

You people are unhappy,ungrateful, pathetic swine. Shut the hell up and read a book.[/quote]

GOOD POST ! ! !

[quote]Skystud wrote:

I want to know why YOU have a problem with it. I myself would like everyone to be happy. But everytime someone talks about bringing it up, everybody acts like it’s a problem while at the same time never questioning why Top management gets a raise all the time. Paaaaalleeessse, This answer you gave me is horseshit.You can do a lot better than this.[/quote]

Well, Skystud, the main reason I referred you to the wesbite was to save myself a ton of redundant posting, since what I think is largely encapsulated in what they wrote.

My primary concern over a raise in the minimum wage is the impact it would have on the unemployment rate of those low-skill workers that actually get paid in and around the minimum wage.

What good is a raise in minimum wage at a low-skill workplace if two people get a bump in pay, but another guy gets canned because the employer needs to manage his costs?

Now, as to why you can’t be taken seriously - bullshit studies done by bean counting butt munchers actually look to see if observations are empirically so, that is, does what I am concerned about really happen.

[quote]Brad61 wrote:

“We believe in the marketplace,” Pelosi said of Democrats, then drew a contrast with Republicans. “They have only rewarded wealth, not work.”[/quote]

You want your job, your home, good schools, law and order, and so forth. Yet you want to punish those who make all those things possible.

Have you ever heard of cause-and-effect?

No wonder our educational system is being destroyed. It creates people who think like you, who are much easier to rule. Stupids are always easier to rule than intelligent beings. Create people who see no difference between America and people living in jungle huts (Don’t judge other cultures!!)

Create people who think that jobs appear by magic, that wealth producers don’t mind sharing what they sweated for, with those who produce nothing. There’s no causality — nothing has causes!!

Libs…I just gotta shake my head in absolute wonder…