T Nation

Nancy Pelosi Era Begins Now

Nancy Pelosi begins her reign as Speaker of the House.

A question to the left of center around here: what is your view of her? What do you think? Would you have preferred a different Speaker in the wake of the House changing parties?

Pelosi didn’t do anything prior to politics and does not have a particularly distinguished career in the House (nor does she have a bad record or baggage). I am just curious what liberals-Democrats think of her and whether they think she was a good choice for the job.

If you want to get right to the heart of the matter she caters to the Jewish/Israeli lobby like everybody else.

Meh. I’ve got mixed feelings. On the one hand, she seems very anti-corruption. Removing the politicians from the lobbiests as far as possible is a very positive thing in my opinion. As well, she is reaching out to try and protect the minority (in the house/senate) with new laws to prevent the aggressive underhanded tactics used by the last majority (and many majorities before that to a lesser scale).

However, she isn’t very well known, and doesn’t strike me as a particularly strong figure. I don’t know enough about her to make a real opinion (which is my major issue with her).

She seems, at the very least, to be a fresh breath of air. Raising the minimum wage (something that should have been done anyways) and her other “first one hundred hours” plans, many of which will be vetoed, seem close to what I’d like to see happened. I don’t agree with EVERYTHING, but it’s looking pretty good so far.

[quote]JustTheFacts wrote:
If you want to get right to the heart of the matter she caters to the Jewish/Israeli lobby like everybody else.[/quote]

And she MIGHT be a supporter of NAMBLA, and other satanic rituals.

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=10450

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
JustTheFacts wrote:
If you want to get right to the heart of the matter she caters to the Jewish/Israeli lobby like everybody else.

[/quote]

I have a feeling you wouldn’t get too far in Congress if you weren’t.

And so the Pelosi era begins…

Jewish Groups To Challenge Ethics Reform
Dec 01, 2006
Two of America’s most influential Jewish organizations are gearing up for their first direct confrontation with the incoming, Democratic-led Congress. The topic: Democratic proposals for congressional ethics and lobbying reform…

With 41% of voters pointing in exit polls to corruption and scandals as an “extremely important” factor in how they voted last month, the Democratic victory is widely seen as a call for an overhaul of congressional ethical standards…

All-expense-paid tours to Israel are among the most common overseas trips made by members of Congress and their aides…

Officials from several Jewish organizations have been holding intense talks with Democratic staffers over the past week to ensure that Israel educational trips will be exempt from the new restrictions…

This just in…

Major loophole in Democrats’ ethics bill will benefit controversial lobbying groups
Jan 9, 2007
WASHINGTON – A major loophole in the Democrats’ recently unveiled ethics package will allow non-profit arms of controversial lobbying organizations to fund travel excursions for members of Congress, RAW STORY has discovered…

“I would’ve done it straight out,” Slaughter said, noting that the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) and the Aspen Institute are exempt from many of its harshest restrictions…

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) declined to comment…
http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/Major_loophole_in_Democrats_ethics_bill_0109.html

S.O.S.

She’s a DeadHead, so I’l give her some latitude. Not much latitude, but a little. It’s stupid I know.

Panic, panic, run away… fall down in abject terror and stick my head in the sand until the next election.

Personally, I’m going to wait until she actually manages to do or not do something before I get all excited about the prospect.

Seems to me that Pelosi’s biggest strength (only?) is her power in the raising money game. She has tremendous inroads into the ‘limousine liberal’ cast of donors, which the party relies on.

That skill counts for something, to be sure, but it:

a) Does not demonstrate her ability to govern

b) Does not really establish that she is interested in a firm line between Big Money and Government, which is one of her most advertised principles

My biggest question is: what kind of control will she have over the Blue Dogs?

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Seems to me that Pelosi’s biggest strength (only?) is her power in the raising money game. She has tremendous inroads into the ‘limousine liberal’ cast of donors, which the party relies on.

That skill counts for something, to be sure, but it:

a) Does not demonstrate her ability to govern

b) Does not really establish that she is interested in a firm line between Big Money and Government, which is one of her most advertised principles

My biggest question is: what kind of control will she have over the Blue Dogs?[/quote]

She was elected (indirectly) by the uneducated and unmarried. Since those are who support her, she will act in their interests and AGAINST the educated, married majority. Watch out American family men and women…here comes Madam NAMBLA.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pages/results/states/US/H/00/epolls.0.html

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
JustTheFacts wrote:

[/quote]

So because she marched in a parade by this guy, she supports NAMBLA? Nice try. Why not just go ahead and say she eats babies faces while you’re at it.

[quote]BabyBuster wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
JustTheFacts wrote:

So because she marched in a parade by this guy, she supports NAMBLA? Nice try. Why not just go ahead and say she eats babies faces while you’re at it.

[/quote]

You obviously haven’t been around here very long. Give him time and he’ll get to that too.

[quote]ALDurr wrote:
BabyBuster wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
JustTheFacts wrote:

You obviously haven’t been around here very long. Give him time and he’ll get to that too.[/quote]

LOL! If I marched in a parade by the American White Power League (is there such a thing?), would you gents give me the same leeway? Seriously???

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
ALDurr wrote:
BabyBuster wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
JustTheFacts wrote:

You obviously haven’t been around here very long. Give him time and he’ll get to that too.

LOL! If I marched in a parade by the American White Power League (is there such a thing?), would you gents give me the same leeway? Seriously???

[/quote]

If you marched in a parade celebrating Ethnic Pride of a variety of groups and members of the American White Power League (your invention) participated, I wouldn’t assume that you took their position on anything. You both just happen to be there. Now, if you marched in a parade SPONSORED by the American White Power League, I would question your motives. There is a difference.

She marched in a Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Pride Celebration parade. The fact that it also had someone in it that was a pedophile does not mean she supports pedophilia at all. Now if she marched in a Pedophile Celebration parade, then you would have a case. Again, there is a difference.

Bottom line is that you don’t like her because of her politics and you want to find more reason to hate her. Why don’t you at least wait until she screws up first before starting your hatefest? Right now, all of your ranting just makes you look even more like the paranoid, delusional, insane moron that we already know you to be.

[quote]ALDurr wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
ALDurr wrote:
BabyBuster wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
JustTheFacts wrote:

If you marched in a parade celebrating Ethnic Pride of a variety of groups and members of the American White Power League (your invention) participated, I wouldn’t assume that you took their position on anything. You both just happen to be there. Now, if you marched in a parade SPONSORED by the American White Power League, I would question your motives. There is a difference.

She marched in a Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Pride Celebration parade. The fact that it also had someone in it that was a pedophile does not mean she supports pedophilia at all. Now if she marched in a Pedophile Celebration parade, then you would have a case. Again, there is a difference.

Bottom line is that you don’t like her because of her politics and you want to find more reason to hate her. Why don’t you at least wait until she screws up first before starting your hatefest? Right now, all of your ranting just makes you look even more like the paranoid, delusional, insane moron that we already know you to be.[/quote]

Did she know he was there? That’s why I said ‘might’ in my post about this.

The Paranoid Delusional Insane Moron

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
ALDurr wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
ALDurr wrote:
BabyBuster wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
JustTheFacts wrote:

Bottom line is that you don’t like her because of her politics and you want to find more reason to hate her. Why don’t you at least wait until she screws up first before starting your hatefest? Right now, all of your ranting just makes you look even more like the paranoid, delusional, insane moron that we already know you to be.

Did she know he was there? That’s why I said ‘might’ in my post about this.

The Paranoid Delusional Insane Moron

[/quote]

That’s the point. You don’t know and neither do I. Posting like you’ve done just shows that you are looking for her to be evil in hopes to fuel your hatred.

She’s a skank whore for the left. But then everyone knows that.

Nancy Pelosi: Israel, don’t fear Dems in Congress
YNET
10/28/06
Votes for US House and Senate to take place Nov. 7, indicate Democrats to win majority. House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi says Israel has nothing to fear from party change in Congress…

In conversations with friends, she says that the creation of the State of Israel is one of the miracles of the twentieth century.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3320428,00.html

Revealed: Israel plans nuclear strike on Iran
The Sunday Times
January 07, 2007
ISRAEL has drawn up secret plans to destroy Iran’s uranium enrichment facilities with tactical nuclear weapons.

Two Israeli air force squadrons are training to blow up an Iranian facility using low-yield nuclear “bunker-busters”, according to several Israeli military sources.

The attack would be the first with nuclear weapons since 1945, when the United States dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki…

[i]"One thing, however is unchanged: America’s commitment to the safety and security of the State of Israel is unwavering. America and Israel share an unbreakable bond: in peace and war; and in prosperity and in hardship…

The United States will stand with Israel now and forever. Now and forever."[/i]

• Nancy Pelosi

She’s off to a good start, anyway:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070110/ap_on_go_co/congress_smoking_2

Alright she went and pissed me off already with the embryonic stem cell research crap. We must empower the devine sacrament of abortion by pushing the embryonic stem cell research propanda agenda.
Thanks for playing Ms. Polosi, can we use your kids for stem cell research, bitch. Why don’t we cut your clitoris off and see if it has any stem cells in it. That would be great fun.