T Nation

Name of an Exercise

A long time ago, when I was a high school student, My powerlifting coach had me do an exercise where you were standing with an EZ curl bar at your chest and you would press it over your head (french press?) then you would immediately lower it behind your head and do a tricep extension. You would then lower it to your chest and repeat ad nauseum. It’s been a long time since I’ve hit the weights and I’ve since forgotten the name of this exercise and although I’ve been lurking around here for a while I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere. Is this a good tricep movement?

It sounds like a combination of a military press and a tricep extension. It probably doesn’t have an official name. Perhaps you could name it. If you’re looking for good triceps exercises, the best are close-grip bench presses and dips.

I used to do a similar exercise.

I would do a reverse curl followed by a military press followed by a french curl and then lowering military press and lowering reverse curl.

No name for it…

I always know it as military press / tricep extension hybird. Don’t think there is a name for it.

Geek boy