Nagin is Nuts

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I could hear Al Gore or Ted Kennedy if George Bush referred to black people as Chocolate. The only defense would be that black men reserve the right to use the very offensive ?N? word, and a white man that would use the term politically or socially would be a fool. It just keeps the racial pot brewing[/quote]

That same speach, if given by a white mayor concerning the preservation of his or her prefered(and prefered by god no less!)racial makeup of the city would have been burned at the stake. Ted the drunk and the rest of the democrat yahoos would have been howling. The NAACP would have been up in arms, probably the ACLU as well. Sharpton and Jackson would have had their dumbasses all over the tv for at least a week.

There should be no denying that the context of his speech was that he and god both believe that NO should be predominantly black.

Nagin is/was a joke.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
I could hear Al Gore or Ted Kennedy if George Bush referred to black people as Chocolate. The only defense would be that black men reserve the right to use the very offensive ?N? word, and a white man that would use the term politically or socially would be a fool. It just keeps the racial pot brewing

That same speach, if given by a white mayor concerning the preservation of his or her prefered(and prefered by god no less!)racial makeup of the city would have been burned at the stake. Ted the drunk and the rest of the democrat yahoos would have been howling. The NAACP would have been up in arms, probably the ACLU as well. Sharpton and Jackson would have had their dumbasses all over the tv for at least a week.

There should be no denying that the context of his speech was that he and god both believe that NO should be predominantly black.

Nagin is/was a joke.[/quote]

Absolutely excellent post! Also, we get the supreme joy of rebuilding Wonka-ville. Rebuilding a city that is surrounded by and below a giant river and a pretty big lake…that’s how I want my tax dollars spent, all so Willie Wonka and his buddies can say how Bush hates black people.

The Lord must have one wry sense of humor!

I’ve always loved visiting NO , one of the things ive loved most about the city is its diversity. You cant have a fun city like NO without different kinds of people around! Its always been about diversity they speak acadian french ,they have hot creole chicks running around all colors of people its great. But nagin is turning all of that around and i know that he was speaking to his audience like X said and probably playing to it a little too much, but he has to go if he’s going to say junk like that. Nagin your outta here

Should be:

There should be no denying that the context of his speech was that he and god both believe that New Orleans should be restored to how it was.

I happen to agree, everyone should be able to go back home. I don’t know about the return timeframe, but solutions to hurricane risks can be found and applied given a bit of time.

No, the only thing becoming clear around here is how diligently some people are looking for ways to find black people racist. It’s sad really.

Hillary made an unfortunate remark. Nagin made an unfortunate remark. Neither was truly trying to discriminate against anybody based on race.

Claiming otherwise just shows your own little pet axe grinding project. Congratulations.

[quote]vroom wrote:

Claiming otherwise just shows your own little pet axe grinding project. Congratulations.[/quote]

I wouldnt just say that they were unfortunate but offensive and lacking tact to several people judging by the response.

[quote]vroom wrote:

Hillary made an unfortunate remark. Nagin made an unfortunate remark. Neither was truly trying to discriminate against anybody based on race.

Claiming otherwise just shows your own little pet axe grinding project. Congratulations.[/quote]

RJ,

There’s another bug on your windshield!!

Headhunter,

You seem to mistake loud angry statements with victory. Blowing a lot of steam might sound really nice, but it sure as hell doesn’t have much impact on the strength of the argument.

Admittedly, it can be fun to read though!

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I have got to agree with the barrister even if I am an old hippie. It may not be racist but everyone would claim it were if it were made by any white politician. I can not believe a man of his stature refers to people as flavors. I have not heard of that depth of intellect since child hood. I also believe there was no malice intended[/quote]

Yeah. I’m with you on this. I think he meant it in the best possible way, but man, what a completely stupid way to say it. Certainly not the quality of MLK or even Malcom X. Nagin must be a product of Louisiana’s school system.

RB

[quote]rubberbubba wrote:
Nagin must be a product of Louisiana’s school system.

RB
[/quote]

Ouch.

He has an M.B.A. and B.S. in accounting from Tulane. They don’t just give those away. In addition to that, I believe he attended a private HS, I’m just not sure which one.

He sounded pretty cool talking to Anderson Cooper on 360 the other day… just a down to earth guy saying maybe he didn’t get enough sleep or something… kinda put things in perspective.

Anyway, if you get to judge him nuts for bad judgement in a speech, we get to judge Bush nuts because, well, fuck, because of every speech he didn’t read verbatim.

[quote]vroom wrote:
He sounded pretty cool talking to Anderson Cooper on 360 the other day… just a down to earth guy saying maybe he didn’t get enough sleep or something… kinda put things in perspective.

Anyway, if you get to judge him nuts for bad judgement in a speech, we get to judge Bush nuts because, well, fuck, because of every speech he didn’t read verbatim.[/quote]

Bush sticks his foot in his mouth so regularly that we have gotten used to it. Nagen gives one poor speach and you have people acting like he is the devil. Why can’t cheerleaders be consistant? What does it really say of his mega-education if the president seems to have difficulty pronouncing words? Do we get to blame it on Lousiana school systems as well? Just wondering.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
vroom wrote:

Anyway, if you get to judge him nuts for bad judgement in a speech, we get to judge Bush nuts because, well, fuck, because of every speech he didn’t read verbatim.

Bush sticks his foot in his mouth so regularly that we have gotten used to it. Nagen gives one poor speach and you have people acting like he is the devil. Why can’t cheerleaders be consistant? What does it really say of his mega-education if the president seems to have difficulty pronouncing words? Do we get to blame it on Lousiana school systems as well? Just wondering.[/quote]

Because he is BLACK or chocolate or dark carmel or whatever…Prof X has been baptized into the democrat party since his birth (it is interesting however in that REAL AFRICAN AMERICANS…aka…those BORN and RAISED in Nigeria and other coutries tend of vote conservative){not byproducts of the “welfare state”}. After reading is posts, its VERY CLEAR!!

Admit your “racial bias” Prof X.!!!
(its ok…we try to understand!)
I think we tend to be pretty accepting around here…as long as "intellectual honestly prevails! (remember your T-Nation “oath”!)

Ptr, you are in danger of sticking your feet in your mouth buddy.

Also, in general, who gives a shit what someone born and raised outside of the US votes (assuming your little diatribe is even correct) they aren’t representative of Americans or American ideals are they?

What a steaming pile.

[quote]vroom wrote:

Anyway, if you get to judge him nuts for bad judgement in a speech, we get to judge Bush nuts because, well, fuck, because of every speech he didn’t read verbatim.[/quote]

Do you have any examples of Bush making racist remarks in his speeches? Stupid remarks I’ll give you, but actually racist comments like Nagins’?

[quote]doogie wrote:
vroom wrote:

Do you have any examples of Bush making racist remarks in his speeches? Stupid remarks I’ll give you, but actually racist comments like Nagins’?[/quote]

Who accused Bush of racist remarks?

[quote]PtrDR wrote:
Professor X wrote:
vroom wrote:

Bush sticks his foot in his mouth so regularly that we have gotten used to it. Nagen gives one poor speach and you have people acting like he is the devil. Why can’t cheerleaders be consistant? What does it really say of his mega-education if the president seems to have difficulty pronouncing words? Do we get to blame it on Lousiana school systems as well? Just wondering.

Because he is BLACK or chocolate or dark carmel or whatever…Prof X has been baptized into the democrat party since his birth (it is interesting however in that REAL AFRICAN AMERICANS…aka…those BORN and RAISED in Nigeria and other coutries tend of vote conservative){not byproducts of the “welfare state”}. After reading is posts, its VERY CLEAR!!

Admit your “racial bias” Prof X.!!!
(its ok…we try to understand!)
I think we tend to be pretty accepting around here…as long as "intellectual honestly prevails! (remember your T-Nation “oath”!)[/quote]

What do the voting habits of people not born in America have to do with Americans? Wouldn’t the racist be the one who groups people together based on skin color and points out differences in voting habits while ignoring the more important issue of what their NATIONALITY is?

What do I have to do with how someone who is from another country votes? Because they are simply the same color as me you group us together? And you have the nerve to call someone else “racist”? That was just stupid. Congrats.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Ptr, you are in danger of sticking your feet in your mouth buddy.

Also, in general, who gives a shit what someone born and raised outside of the US votes (assuming your little diatribe is even correct) they aren’t representative of Americans or American ideals are they?

What a steaming pile.[/quote]

In danger of it? He did. My post had nothing to do with race and was about how many conservatives seem to readily jump on others for their speach writing skills and public speaking ability when the “head of their party” is guilty of these same faults so many times over that we just expect it when he speaks. It sure was a jump to associate race with that statement when I didn’t even mention race at all.

[quote]doogie wrote:
vroom wrote:

Do you have any examples of Bush making racist remarks in his speeches? Stupid remarks I’ll give you, but actually racist comments like Nagins’?[/quote]

Try to remember doogie, Nagin’s defenders on this board don’t consider his remarks “racist”. Just “unfortunate”. That is a bunch of bullshit.

What’s unfortunate for Nagin is that I believe he let his true colors shine through, and now his political future is dead. Trying to defend his speech as "unfortunate is nothing but political spin.

It’s been stated previously, but if a white mayor had called for his city to remain predominately white, and that god himself desired it, there would be calls for him to step down and resign. And rightly so.

Nagin stated that he wants his city to remain predominately black.

Nagin stated that god himself wants this.

Nagin’s speech was not “unfortunate”, it was indeed racist.

Period.

Ahahahahaha.

Okay, yeah, you really think Nagin was proposing that whitey be ejected from New Orleans?

This is what you believe? Nagin is going to discriminate against whitey, by trying ensure people return to all sectors of New Orleans?

The only thing you and your ilk keep showing us is your keen desire to find a certain type of fault within a black man. There is plenty of fault to be found with his speech, but evidence of real racism it is not.

Your deep seated need to find black members of society racist speaks volumes about your own mentality. There, that is something else that is unfortunate.