Nagging Bicep

I pulled my left bicep a couple weeks ago and now the right bicep is having the same pain. I took a week off and felt fine when I started back but it really hurts on bench. My 5 rep bench has dropped from 315 to 285 in a period of 3 weeks. very depressing. Any one have any ideas to facilitate a faster recovery? Oh, by the way, I think I pulled it doing squats. I lost my arch on a higher rep set than I’m used to and the bar tried to slide down to my upper back. Wasn’t much weight, bout 335 doing 12. Any help would be great!

[quote]Papa_of_4 wrote:
I pulled my left bicep a couple weeks ago and now the right bicep is having the same pain. I took a week off and felt fine when I started back but it really hurts on bench. My 5 rep bench has dropped from 315 to 285 in a period of 3 weeks. very depressing. Any one have any ideas to facilitate a faster recovery? Oh, by the way, I think I pulled it doing squats. I lost my arch on a higher rep set than I’m used to and the bar tried to slide down to my upper back. Wasn’t much weight, bout 335 doing 12. Any help would be great![/quote]

Yeah, take longer than one week off. Give it at least a month off to heal.

A month seems like an eternity, lol. I guess I may have to, but I have always been able to train through injuries in the past. Getting older really sucks!