NAAFA

I have been reading referrences to NAAFA on here for some time now but didn’t really know what it was all about, so I checked out their web site so I could draw my own conclusions. The one thing that I did learn is that the whole thing is a crock of shit!! I mean really! They tell fat people not to blame themselves if the diet doesn’t work but to blame the diet. You believe that? I am sure that this is old news to all of you but like I said, I just looked at the site for the first time. They really do tell you to just give up. I couldn’t believe what I was reading. One article even said that, “only 4-5% of fat people who lose weight are successfull in keeping the weight off after a five year period, so you have a better chance of winning the lottery. Do you think you are that lucky?” I was appauled!!http://www.naafa.org/ documents/brochures/nextdiet.html That is the page where this “expert” is spewing this garbage.I laughed at first but as I read the whole article I wondered if people would listen to it. I think it is a shame if anyone took that crap to heart. Tell me what you think of it.

Yep, I’ve read 'em. It’s truely sad that people believe this. On the other hand it puts a deranged smile on my face every time I read a new post. Everyone needs a laugh and if they’re refuse to help them selves well,…I’m gonna laugh at 'em.

NAAFA angers the hell out of me, because my mother is obese. She too has all these excuses as to why she “can’t” lose weight, and it really gets on my nerves. The worst thing as that then they complain about it. Look, if you’re fat and you don’t really care, fine. But I don’t want to hear about how your hips or back hurt because of the extra weight, or how you can’t fit in most public seats, or how people “look at you funny.” Yes, they look at you. They say to themselves, “thank God I am not that lardass.” Deal with it. ARRGGHH!