N88tr's Summer Break Bulk Log

Some quick details about myself, my goals, etc and then I’ll make my first posting! Good to see you TMUSCLE forums!

I am n88tr, aka cahemdue, a 24 yo male 6’5" 230 lbs currently on my summer break from college. I live in wisconsin, usa and am currently majoring in Graphic Design with a minor in Health Promotions. Interests include weight lifting to get big on my bulk, cardio and closer diet attention while on a cut [which will start up this fall after i get settled back into the dorms and class schedule]. I also do some work with computers and game mods in my spare time. I was bigger in that field a few years ago but suddenly i think I’m growing up and out of the game scene. I am also very interested in Nutrition and learning about anabolics. Not that I plan to use anytime soon but i just want to be knowledgeable on the topic. I recently received my Anabolics 2009 book and am currently reading the intro [bathroom reading material, lol]

Biggest accomplishments thus far have been losing over 100 lbs in 6 months 2 years ago after a lengthy hospital stay that scared the shit out of me and prompted my weight loss. Second to that accomplishment would be I am starting my senior year of college this fall. More people know me for the fat loss thing but I don’t consider it that big of a deal.

I wanted to do it, so I did it. Was hard, but got it done. I was 320 at my peak and then went way down to 185 for a half a year and then I started to weight lift. My weight has gone up and down since then but i think my “natural” weight inclination is 210 lbs thereabouts. I will say that I gain and lose fat fast, but that takes into my account the fever at which i work when i want to lose. I only wish i could see those results with muscle gain when i go to the gym to put on weight.

Currently I am bulking but clean God I try. I injured my upper back 1.5 years ago when i did not quite learn to put my ego aside once i step into the weight room. I was feeling good that day, prior to the injury, working Back with 1-arm dumbbell rows and 50 lbs my max at the time wasn’t feeling that heavy so I jacked it up to 80 lbs.

I knew my form wasn’t good but i thought more weight, more muscle right? Nope. Fucked up my back but didn’t take it seriously, the big screw up, and continued to work with it and only then about 7-8 months later did i seek professional help, a la physical therapy. It has helped me a lot with new exercise ideas, stretching tactics, etc.

I have seen my PT twice already but he pretty much gave me all he had and then we parted ways. When I do train Back, I have a couple “loosening up” sets and then i throw in some heavy sets, usually barbell rows, pulldowns or low rows. The way I see it, I’m loosening up the muscles like we did when I was in PT and the heavy sets are for growing the muscle.

Other than my injury, i take it to the max, at least i think i do. That’s one of the reasons I’m here now, looking for more help to get big and actually see results. I’m getting kind of tired of eating 6 times a day, working out till i feel light headed [and want to puke on Leg day] taking my post meal and then never really seeing any gains like i would like to see.

I’ve had a thread of my workout log over on the BodyBuilding Dungeon for a little over a year now but I’m a lot smarter now then I was when I first got there so most people just leave me alone to post my workouts and foods. I still need help to get big and i don’t think where i am now will lead to anything spectacular and that’s what i want, what i crave.

Did Chest yesterday, will post up that workout and foods soon today.

Today, do Quads and Biceps, will also post up foods and workout when it’s done later today.

Thank you for reading my thread i look forward to people helping me, sharing advice, stories, etc!

Current supplements include:

Morning pills:
2 fish oils
1 flaxseed oil
1 multivitamin
2 calcium w/ vit D

Before bed:
2 MSM

Pre-workout:
Xtend [complete BCAA source from Scivation]
Creatine monohydrate [1 heaping teaspoon]
Whey isolate

Post-workout:
Xtend
Creatine
Whey

===

Where I workout, available equipment:

SnapFitness, a 24/7 workout place. Lots of cardio machines, a smith machine, dumbbells up to 110 lbs, other machines for biceps, triceps, back, abs, 45* leg press, benches, decline bench, cable crossover, tanning room, flexi balls and stretchy ropes.

I like to go in during the evening so I can beat out the after-workers and plus I like to be alone when I workout.

===

How to read my workouts:

Ok, this might be redundant but I just want to make it clear.

1x1 100 lbs

So this means 1 rep for 1 set at 100 lbs.

2x12 533 lbs.

And this? … means 2 sets of 12 reps at 533 lbs.

===

My current weightlifting goals:

Recently started to smith squat, there’s no barbell or power rack in the gym so I’m using what I got. 2 plates now is pretty difficult, though my max for 5 reps is 2 plates + 50 lbs. I want to get up to 4 plates before University starts back up, and then I’ll have access to the university gym which is much more diverse a place then SnapFitness, and I’ll be able to free weight squat, which is something I’d really like to try.

And slightly less recently I’ve been doing more benching. Again, no squat or power rack at SnapFitness so I’m using the Smith machine. My bench sucks, the bread and butter of my chest work has been with dumbbells. I still remember working with 25’s and thinking they were hard, now I’m looking hungrily at the 70’s. I’ve not made any reps with those but I want the 65’s to be easy before I try the 70’s. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve tried to rep with 70’s but they either fall out of my hands or I just can’t push them both up for a rep. Still a bit too heavy but I will get those!!!

I am a bit overweight at the moment but I’m getting used to going up and down in weight. In the fall I’ll take a look at the products of my bulk, muscle gains will be satisfactory I hope, and then I’ll start to cut down. I was at 185 lbs a while back, but even then I wasn’t happy with my weight and how I looked so I don’t know how far I’ll cut, but I try not to worry about that now.

I train to failure most times, I feel “complete” when I can’t move the weight even after I do drop sets just to make sure I go to failure on each drop set, just totally wasted is how I like to finish my workouts.

===

June 29th, Chest

1030 am
lots of 2% skim milk
4 slices toast, butter

120 pm
mashed potatoes
chicken breast
glass 2% skim milk
morning pills

chicken breast
brown rice

chicken breast
mashed potatoes

whey isolate + creatine + 2 scoops Xtend

1000-1100
workout, Chest

3 mins on treadmill warm up lv 6.5, run

4 scoops Xtend in 1/2 gallon water sipping during workout

dumbbell bench press, flat bench
2x12 30’s
2x8 40’s

2x6 65’s

dumbbell bench press, high incline
2x6 50’s, NEW Personal Best [new weight made, that’s what that means]

cable crossover
2x6 100 lbs

2x8 80 lbs

dumbbell pullover, bench slight incline
2x7 50 lbs

incline chest press machine
3x6 2 plates + 50 lbs

1-arm across chest pushes [new exercise for me, never did this before]
x8 40 lbs Left, x8 40 lbs Right

…mixed up and am drinking my Gatorade powder in my blender bottle w/ water

dumbbell flyes, high incline bench
3x8 25’s

dumbbell flyes, even higher incline bench
3x8 25’s

3 mins lv 7 treadmill run cool down

1110, Stretches + Post-workout meal
orange juice
4 slices wonderbread white
large apple
54 g protein whey isolate + creatine

chicken breast
almonds
before bed pills

… The Gatorade powder in water was something I just did for the first time. I did it to experiment if it helps me with workout recovery because I push myself so hard and am often quite sore the next day or a few days later [DOMS, delayed-onset muscle soreness]. I did notice that I wasn’t quite so wasted before I got on the treadmill for a little cooldown work. I did feel nauseous but that’s from all the fluids I’d been drinking pre-workout, during and then the Gatorade add to that the hard workout.

Next I will post the next day’s workout, Quads + Biceps!

Oh and another thing I should point out about how to read my workouts:

If I have something like this,

leg press
2x12 200 lbs
2x14 250 lbs

That means the 2x12 and the 2x14 sets were all done back to back no rest.

If I have something like this,

3x8 100 lbs

1x5 180 lbs

That means then that I did the 3x8 set, rested, then did the 1x5 set. A space between them like that means I rested. Sometimes I will list the rest times, other times I won’t. If there is a space between them like the second example, it means I rested, but no longer than 1 minute.

===

June 30th, Quads + Biceps

1100 am
chicken breast
4 slices toast w/ butter
2% skim milk
morning pills

130 pm
chicken breast
mashed potatoes

chicken breast
cup brown rice
2 slices chocolate cake, big Cheat
2% skim milk

Whey isolate + Creatine + Xtend
1/2 cup brown rice
big ass red delicious apple

830-930, workout

3 mins treadmill lv 6.5 warm up, run

4 scoops Xtend in 1/2 gallon water

leg press
2x15 100 lbs
20 second rest
x15 200 lbs
20 second rest
x15 250 lbs
20 second rest
x15 300 lbs
20 second rest
x15 350 lbs
20 second rest
x15 400 lbs
… machine is on a stack so it’s a lot different than the plate sled I’m used to and love at University gym

1-arm hercules cable curl [new exercise for me]
x8 30 lbs Left, x8 50 lbs Left

x8 30 lbs Right, x8 50 lbs Right

ez bar preacher curls
x7 20 lbs 1/2 ROM [range of motion], x7 20 lbs full ROM, x7 20 lbs 1/2 ROM, close grip

2x7 20 lbs full ROM, wide grip

dumbbell hammer curls
x6 35 lbs, Left
x6 35 lbs, Right

x6 40 lbs, Left
x6 40 lbs, Right

last 20 mins of workout, 1 packet Gatorade Powder in Blender bottle of water [30 carbs]

x6 45 lbs, Left, New Personal best
x6 45 lbs, Right, New Personal best

x6 50 lbs, Left, New Personal best
x6 50 lbs, Right, New Personal best

lat pulldowns, little back work
x12 70 lbs

x12 90 lbs

x6 150 lbs

x6 170 lbs

3 minutes treadmill lv 7 cool down, run

945, Post
Whey isolate + Creatine + Xtend
Orange Juice
bunch of watermelon

whey isolate
1 cup fat-free yogurt ice cream [30 carbs]
before bed pills

Next day was off.

Today I hit legs. Going to concentrate on Lunges, hamstring exercises and whatever gas I have left, Calves.

…forget about what i said about line spacing, it’s not a big deal. just wasting my time and how much work i need to put into these posts.

July 2nd, Legs

3 min treadmill lv 7 warm up run

leg extensions
x15 80 lbs
x12 110 lbs

giant sets, rest at end of single leg curls
x15 leg extensions, 150 lbs
x15 seated leg curls, 100 lbs
x12 paces walking lunges, 25’s
x15 single leg seated leg curls, 70 lbs [15 reps Left, 15 reps Right]

x15 leg extensions, 140 lbs
x15 seated leg curls, 90 lbs
x12 paces walking lunges, 35’s
x15 single leg seated leg curls, 70 lbs [15 reps Left, 15 reps Right]

x15 leg extensions, 130 lbs
x15 seated leg curls, 80 lbs
x12 paces walking lunges, 235’s
x15 single leg seated leg curls, 60 lbs [15 reps Left, 15 reps Right]

x15 leg extensions, 120 lbs
x15 seated leg curls, 70 lbs
x12 paces walking lunges, 30’s
x15 single leg seated leg curls, 50 lbs [15 reps Left, 15 reps Right]

Giant sets
seated calf raises superset w/ 1 minute standing on toes
x15 1 plate, 1 minute on toes

…no rest anywhere in there but for the standing, I put my heels outward to feel it more in my calves

Mixed up 2 packets Gatorade powder, started to drink it

Giant sets
Drop sets, seated calf raises 2 plates drop to 1 plate
x15 2 plates, x20 1 plate

…no rest anywhere in there

… would’ve gone for more, but i messed up my finger and it was bleeding pretty bad so I cut the workout short. Dropped one of the 45 lb plates sort of sideways and my finger was pressed against the machine, tore off a piece of skin near my fingernail. I wrapped it in a paper towel and banged out one more set.

x50 1 plate

===

Today, 3rd, I do Shoulders + Cardio.

Bit of news, went over to the Gold’s Gym today and it’s 1/2 set up. Got a quick little tour [it’s a 2 story building converted from an old grocery store] and then signed up a year. My account will freeze while I go to college but it’s a great deal for $69. I have my first meeting my PT tomorrow at 1100 am. Manager said she’d do 20 questions and then a little fitness test. I just want to get big, that was what I wrote on the sheet, see where this road leads.

Excited!

After the Legs I did Shoulders.

Then it was Off. That was the day I saw Angie at Gold’s.

Today is Cardio, this is the day after yesterday with Angie where nothing but 20 questions got done.

Tomorrow I see Angie again and we have our first workout. I think we’re going to do Chest.

Here is the Shoulder workout:

4 scoops Xtend [down to my last tub, Yellow] in 1/2 gallon water during

dumbbell military overhead press
3x15 25’s
x8 35’s
x0 50’s, up but no reps

smith machine barbell overhead press
2x12 60 lbs
x10 70 lbs
x6 110 lbs, NEW Personal Best
x6 140 lbs, NEW Personal Best

giant sets
x10 smith machine barbell overhead press, 90 lbs
x10 dumbbell side raises, 20’s
x10 dumbbell front raises, 20’s
x10 dumbbell Arnold overhead press, 20’s

rest

x10 smith machine barbell overhead press, 80 lbs
x10 dumbbell side raises, 20’s
x10 dumbbell front raises, 15’s
x10 dumbbell Arnold overhead press, 20’s

rest, mixed up my Gatorade, this stuff helps a lot

x10 smith machine barbell overhead press, 70 lbs
x10 dumbbell side raises, 15’s
x10 dumbbell front raises, 15’s
x10 dumbbell Arnold overhead press, 15’s

rest, shoulders on fire, esp on the front raises and Arnolds

machine lateral raises [new exercise for me]
x10 30 lbs
x10 50 lbs
x5 90 lbs

===

So the Gold’s meeting went great. I filled out the forms and circled “10” for the highest motivation level for completing my goals. She asked me about what I did for each body part, my max weights, etc. I told her that I didn’t believe in 1 RPM, instead, I defined “max” as 4 good reps. Dunno why but she liked that, and most everything else I said.

Overall impressed that I kept making new weights and impressed upon me [to my great delight, though I didn’t show it on my face] that with her help I could really get big at the rate I was pushing. On one hand that could just be the bullshi.t pitch, but on the other hand this is a new experience for me and I’m going to give it all I have as always. Told her about my Back injury a while back and how I try to work around and with it.

She suggested that when we work body parts, that say if Chest is on a Monday, the first Monday we do dumbbells, the second chest day, next Monday, we use barbells, and the 3rd Chest day, another Monday, we use machines. I think just more muscular confusion, constantly mixing it up.

Didn’t know my weight when I went there but I weighed myself at home, 238.5 lbs. I’ve cheated like 4 times on my bulk now but I doubt much of that is fat. Anyways at the meeting she told me we were going to do cardio 5 times a week so if I do have excess fat accumulation, that will strip it away fast. Gonna get a jump start on that today, just because I don’t want the first time with her to be too hard, make me look bad.

So things are going great and I’m really excited for the possibilities at the new gym. I plan on doing this program with her till University starts up and on the weekends I come home from college, I’ll probably work out at Golds instead of SnapFitness. Golds is a bit further away but the equipment is better and when the gym is completed [it’s still being filled with stuff like I said last time, construction] it’ll be tons better than Snap. Not unlimited hours like Snap, but I’ll just have to re-schedule things a bit.

I think Gold’s Gym is my future, not SnapFitness. Comparing one to another,

Gold’s Gym

Pros:

• When construction is completed it will be large in there with tons of freeweights, cardio gear and machines.

• Overall a higher quality gym for a lifter.

Cons:

• A bit far away, 12 miles.

• Currently no AC in there. I dunno how hot it was, but I was just dripping sweat in there. 82*F outside, when I went outside after cardio to mix up Post, damn almost felt like winter.

• Construction on lower level, in upper level only 1 set of each freeweights, crowded at the moment.

SnapFitness

Pros:

• Nearby, I think 2 miles away.

• 24/7 hours. Every day.

Cons:

• Limited equipment.

• Small, can get crowded fast.

Yeah so I’ll cancel my SnapFitness membership. Gotta thank my mother for pointing out that Gold’s was going up in the city, I wouldnt’ve ever figured out, I never go into the city. I mean there are towns around with grocery stores and crap, I go to them, but not the city.

So Angie wrote out a split for me, even though she said she “wasn’t supposed to,” idk what that means, a personal trainer that can’t write splits, that’s strange.

I’ll post that up, only gives me 1 day of rest with 5 days of cardio so this is gonna be a change! Got in my Chest workout with dumbbells yesterday with 30 mins hard treadmill cardio. Damn but I never had my shirt stick to me so hard like it was just a wet sheet. Should’ve brought a towel, I was sweating like no other day, just closed my eyes and ran on the treadmill, sweat hurts my eyes!

===

Did Chest + Cardio, then Back, Rest, Biceps. Now today is Triceps + Cardio.

First off though here’s the split verbatim she wrote out for me. I think it’s fu.cked up pretty good but I just wanted to share it with you guys.

Monday, Chest + Cardio
bench press, barbell – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
bench press incline, barbell – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
flye/or pushups – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8

Tuesday, Back + Cardio
machine row, double – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
lat pulldown – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
assisted pullup/bent over barbell row – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8

Wednesday, Biceps + Cardio
smith machine curls – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
preacher machine curls – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
bicep curls on lat pulldown machine – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8

Thursday, Triceps + Cardio
standing machine pushdowns – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
kickbacks – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
tricep dips/skullcrushers – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8

Friday, Shoulders + Cardio
smith machine overhead press – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
dumbbell overhead press – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
arnolds freemotion machine/ matrix machine – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8

Saturday, Chest + Cardio
bench press, dumbbells – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
bench press incline, dumbbells – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
flye – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8

Sunday, Back + Cardio
dumbbell row – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
row machine – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
bent over dumbbell row – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8

Monday, Biceps + Cardio
smith machine curls – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
preacher curls, 1 arm – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8
bicep curls on lat pulldown machine – first set of 15, second of 10, third of 8

… gonna cut it short there.

OK so there’s a lot of things wrong with this split. Off the top of my head:

• Am I a fu.cking hamster in a wheel, God why am I doing Cardio so much?

• When are my Rest days?

• Why no leg work at all?? Seriously come on.

• How the fu.ck do I do bicep curls on the lat pulldown machine??

• Smith machine curls are the DUMBEST thing ever and not proper use of a piece of equipment regardless.

Yeah so I didn’t stick with the overall plan but she wanted to emphasize that the first week is barbell work, the second week would be freeweights, alternate again on the third week for machine work. Serious muscle confusion seems to be her game.

Pretty surprised to see little isolation exercises in there like kickbacks if I’m bulking like I told her. Gonna have to throw in some close-grip bench presses there.

I didn’t stick with her workout split, instead I’m giving myself 2 non-consecutive days of Rest and going to make up my own Leg day. Also need to pepper in more Back exercises, even if I don’t go heavy every Back day, at least one of those days I will. Plus there are a lot of machine in there for my Back that I’ve never used before so my Back is going to be covered [get it, Back covered? lol]. I’ll do cardio 4x a week, but that’s the most I think I can get away with before my workouts start to suffer.

Shi.t yeah, let’s get to the workouts.

Chest + Cardio

5 min treadmill warmup, run

bench press, dumbbells
x12 40’s
x10 45’s
x8 50’s

bench press, incline dumbbells
x12 30’s
x10 35’s
x8 40’s

type of hammer strength machine on my back, for Flyes
x12 50 lbs
x10 70 lbs
x8 180 lbs, didn’t think I could do these, lol.

cardio, 30 minutes treadmill
3 minutes fast run, 2 minutes walk alternate for 30 mins

Post, ate in my car

===

Back

I didn’t write this down for once in 2 years a workout without my pad and pencil. Going from memory…

lat pulldowns
x15 100
x10 120
x8 140

hammer strength iso-lateral pulldowns, new exercise for me
x15 2 plates
x10 2 plates + 50 lbs
2x8 4 plates
… I like this machine a lot, great squeeze

smith machine barbell row
x15 50 lbs
x10 70 lbs
2x8 2 plates

pedal calf machine, new exercise for me
… playing around with this useless machine. The stack weight is either pitiful or my calves are just that damn strong, I dunno.
x3 50 lbs, feeling out the machine
x5 100 lbs, too light
x5 200 lbs, too light
x16 400 lbs, stack, not a struggle in the least

Post, ate in car

===

Rest

===

Biceps

smith machine curls
x3 20 lbs
… awkward as a motherfuc.ker, stopped doing them

1-arm D-handle cable pushdowns
x15 20 lbs, Left
x10 37 lbs, Left
x8 47 lbs, Left
x15 20 lbs, Right
x10 37 lbs, Right
x8 47 lbs, Right

preacher machine curls
x2 40 lbs, too light
x1 50 lbs, too light
x15 60 lbs
x10 70 lbs
2x8 75 lbs

Post, ate in car

===

Workouts are going good I think, lower volume in sets, just trying to push more weight. Dunno why but sometimes this is a lot harder than knocking out 6 sets with a fairly difficult weight as opposed to 1 or 2 sets with 80% of my 1RM.

My new split I’ll figure that out later tonight after the workout, when I have more free time. Def hit legs tomorrow though, been a while since I’ve done them.

Still getting used to the gym and the whole new gym feeling. I sure wish they’d get fully set up soon instead of mid-August but don’t worry about things you can’t control, that’s what I always say. Still no AC but makes me sort of feel a bit more hardcore. Wipe everything down, I’m a sweaty dude.

No one brings sh.it with them into the gym like I do. I mean no one has a water bottle with them, I bring a little handtowel and my 1/2 gallon of water with mixed Xtend. Slowly but surely I care less and less about the stares I get from people. “If he’d drink less he’s sweat less! Stupid kid.” Oh yeah, I don’t care what you think. lol.

Excited for tonight’s workout, see all the tricep gear they have and get my cardio done. Gonna get my Gold’s Gym t-shirt soon, my free one, all out of Large but I’ll get it soon and wear it with pride.

===

I guess I have a sorted past with personal trainers. Lets see here,

1. Adam Seeley, first at university my freshman year when I did all that weight loss hardcore

2. Jackie K., at YMCA right after my back injury, prior to seeking professional help for it. My head was up my ass back then.

3. Justin H., my second university, same place, trainer. Knew more than Adam it’s comparing basically one bucket of sh.it to another looking back on the both of them.

4. Steve K., Personal Therapist, the only dude who knew anything, was a good experience for me and my back, helped a lot.

5. Jackie S., current at Gold’s Gym. I’ve only met her once but I feel like she’s unsure of herself and just wants to throw words and phrases at me without really thinking. I might speak too soon but I don’t think I want to see her again.

Damn, certification must be easy to get these days. I bet I could get certified if it’s that easy. Adam and Justin, cut from the same University thread, got A.C.E. certification, whatever that is. I know Adam is business master now, out in the job market. Justin works at a local highschool as a gym teacher. Funny thing is all I wanted to do was get big and neither of those guys are taller or probably as strong as I am. Granted I still need to lose fat, but it should have been obvious at the time, dudes are not representing what they say they are, that should be a big red flag I think.

===

Yeah so Triceps last night. I keep fu.cking up the time I come in at GG, Gold’s Gym, I keep thinking it’s like SnapFitness 24/7, but it’s not. Went in at 915 pm, closes at 1000, no time for cardio. Gonna have to do that today with legs, damn but I hate missing things I plan, makes me look bad and I feel shi.tty.

Triceps + Calves

1 hour prior,
20 g whey isolate w/ 5 g creatine w/ 2 scoops Xtend
2 slices wholewheat
1 banana
2 packets oatmeal

4 scoops Xtend in 1/2 gallon water during

rope pushdowns
2x15 120 lbs, NEW Personal Best
2x6 180 lbs, NEW Personal Best
… not a smooth motion on the machine, must be worn down

pushdown, v-bar
2x8 180 lbs

dumbbell skullcrushers
x8 40 lbs
x8 60 lbs

close grip bench press
2x8 50 lbs, bars wt not included from now on, mentioned this before
2x6 90 lbs

…mixed up 2 Gatorade powder packs

seated pushdowns
x8 200 lbs, stack
x6 200 lbs

calf pedal machine, no rest between sets
x12 200 lbs, both feet
x12 400 lbs, both feet
4x8 300 lbs, Left foot
4x8 300 lbs, Right foot
2x6 400 lbs, Left foot
2x6 400 lbs, Right foot

less than five minutes after workout,
3 scoops Xtend, 5 g creatine, 36 g whey isolate

20 mins later, at home
2 bananas

===

Feel kind of bad I’m not sticking to her split or recommendations of any sort, so I want to change that a bit. Disregarding her whole split and workouts, I’d just like to do 1 week with machines, 1 with barbells, 1 with freeweights. That muscle confusion thing, I want to give that a go.

Not much I can do with barbells on certain workouts like last night triceps. I could do close grips, and behind head extensions… is 2 exercises enough? I think so if I warm up good and get in as many work sets as I can.

This week is SNAFU’ed as I did Chest with machines and dumbbells, and Back was machines, Triceps were a mix also, so I’ll just get this week done and then concentrate on getting the next week right with all of one type of workout mechanism used: freeweights or machines or barbells.

Legs today, going to try my balance in the squat rack, see if the smith machine was a waste of time for me or was actually helpful, dunno. Gym also has hack squat identical to one at YMCA so I’ll give that a go too. Lots of leg machines at GG, hack squat, leg extensions, squat rack, etc. Didn’t see any leg curl machine but they got to have one of those.

Before I left GG, last one to leave, I asked the supervisor who was wiping down the machines when they’d be fully set up. He said there was a code violation with the sprinkler system so they got pushed back a few weeks but they were hoping to be fully-operational in mid-August. I asked him if I could pin some weight to the calf machine and he didn’t understand what I meant so I showed him and he didn’t like that idea. He told me that machines that were currently there were whimpy as hell and the full gym when it was done would have much bigger stacks. Just what my ears wanted to hear.

I’m near maxing out on the stack for rope pushdowns, doing the stack for seated pushdowns, near the stack for shoulder presses, will probably do the stack for leg extensions tomorrow and no doubt the stack of seated leg curls if they have that machine. I always like to have more weight to shoot for, you know if 200 is a push over, I can work up to 400 or 500, that’s a great feeling, a goal to be made and a personal record to be broke.

Monday 13th, Chest + Triceps + Calves

1 hour previous,
Creatine + Xtend drink
steak, milk, bread, bagel

Chest + Triceps + Calves

5 mins run treadmill warm up

3 scoops NoXplode

hammer strength upright
2x12 2 plates
2x8 2 plates + 50 lbs
2x4 4 plates + 25 lbs, NEW Personal Best

dumbbell bench press, high incline
2x8 60’s, NEW Personal Best
2x6 50’s

dumbbell flyes, flat
3x6 40’s

rope pushdowns
3x6 170 lbs

1-arm overhead dumbbell extensions
x8 20 lbs, Left arm
x8 20 lbs, Right arm
x8 20 lbs, Left arm
x8 20 lbs, Right arm

dumbbell skullcrushers
x8 40 lbs
x8 60 lbs

pedal machine
x12 400 lbs, Left foot
x12 400 lbs, Right foot
2x13 360 lbs, Left foot
2x13 360 lbs, Right foot
2x13 360 lbs, Left foot
2x13 360 lbs, Right foot

… mixed up Gatorade

FreeMotion machine cable crossover
x8 54 lbs
x8 60 lbs

hammer strength, flat
2x6 50 lbs

dumbbell flyes, flat
x8 30’s
2x6 35’s
3x6 30’s

… out of Gatorade, finishing up my water gallon

dumbbell bench press, flat
x6 35’s
x6 30’s
x6 35’s

pec deck flyes
x6 200 lbs
x3 250 lbs
x3 290 lbs, stack
2x4 240 lbs
x4 220 lbs

dumbbell bench press, incline
2x6 40’s
3x8 30’s

Post, ate in car
Xtend + Creatine + Whey

20 mins later, ate at home
2 bananas

2 hours later
steak, apple, milk, saltines

2 hours later, bed
fat-free cottage cheese, 2 MSM pills

===

Workout was totally awesome. Cleared my head prior to it all and NoXplode helped get me pumped up. After the pedal machine I thought, “Sh.it, I still got plenty left, I’m going to go as far and as hard as I can till I’m empty.” So then I just kept hitting chest over and over till nothing left, no energy nothing.

Went into the bathroom to take a leak and before I left I peeked at the mirror to see how good I was sweated up. Crazy sweat, grey shirt whole thing a darker shade, not a dry spot anywhere. Then I saw I was all pumped up and felt happy for a few seconds, that I didn’t immediately look at myself and think I was still fat, for a few seconds I was happy.

On the hammer strength flat I couldn’t even get 2 plates done so I had to lower weight but other things surprised me, like I could still flye 250 and then 290 so I knew I still had plenty of energy left so I kept on pushing and pulling weight. After Gatorade was gone, I worked on my water and then that was gone and I started to feel hot, like I was dehydrated so I got a few more sets done then called it good.

Most def over-training that session but I was angry in the gym, I don’t know why, I just was so I worked until I was happy, no more anger left, no energy either.

Tomorrow I have an early dentist appointment, then later a Dr.s appointment. After that I’ll do Back + Shoulders and again try for the cardio.

Teeth clean so it was nothing.

Dr.s appt something different, bad news but nothing that will hopefully affect me in the future. Unrelated to working out or my back problem, was about some little cyst on my neck that i worried about. Dr didn’t know what it was and wanted to cut it out. Myself, honestly severely traumatized by past hospital experiences, i passed on their offer. If it gets bigger or starts to hurt or something, i’ll look back into the surgery but not at the moment.

Dr.s appt really fukked with my head, didn’t help me getting pumped up for workout at night. plus that overkill chest workout took serious toll on my body. still hurts to stretch chest, but it’s not so bad anymore. that workout was like a cheat for my brain, just to go all out for once, completely dead afterwards.

That night did Back. No energy for shoulders or cardio. Dunno why so tired, blame it on insane workout day before.

Back

1-arm dumbbell rows, warm up sets
x12 40 lbs Left arm, no rest, x12 40 lbs Right arm
x12 40 lbs Left arm, no rest, x12 40 lbs Right arm

lat pulldowns, wide grip
x15 100 lbs
x4 145 lbs, super hard

iso-lateral hammer strength
x12 2 plates
x8 2 plates + 25 lbs
x6 2 plates + 35 lbs

… mixed up Gatorade

1-arm dumbbell rows
x8 80 lbs Left arm, no rest, x8 80 lbs Right arm
x8 80 lbs Left arm, no rest, x8 80 lbs Right arm

freemotion cable row, both arms
x8 90 lbs

freemotion cable row, 1 arm
x8 100 lbs Left arm, no rest, x8 100 lbs Right arm
x8 130 lbs Left arm, no rest, x8 130 lbs Right arm

freemotion cable row, 1 arm “swimmers”

Stretch, Post

===

Just read 3 main tips for beginners in an older issue of MD. Unsurprisingly I did all the things they suggested you not do like,

• Use machines for Back [not for mass]
  • Use Leg exts or Leg curls [not for mass]
  • Use pec deck for Chest [not for mass]

So I vow from here on out to not use machines for my Back anymore.

I won’t leg ext either but I will leg curl because that hits the hams so nicely. I am exploring other ham exercises though.

Also, no more pec deck for chest.

I know I still have a lot of ego to let go of. Like on the pec deck, that’s mostly an ego booster thing. I mean I always do stacks of stuff, pec deck is most common. Did that at University gym, YMCA, and my first big Chest workout on monday, did their stack of 290. I need to let go of that kind of stuff. It’s hard but I know I can do it. I just drop stuff all of sudden. Once I stop doing it once instead of doing it all the time if I just drop it once I’ll never do them again. Plus this really sets it in my mind that if I’m bulking like I am now I need to do compound exercises like bench, squat, dead.

I want to give deads a go but I can’t do them currently at Gold’s. I don’t know why I didn’t do them while I was at University gym, I had the perfect opportunity to do them then. Afraid, I guess. More injuries and the like. Gotta stop doing machines and stop being afraid.

Next day was Rest. Made lots of chicken, pork, steak and had a protein threesome on my plate. Good times.

Today is Shoulders. Don’t want to plan for cardio, I hate breaking promises even though I do do it a lot. Need to get that going though, I don’t lose weight with diet alone, I need to get my ass moving and diet to lose. Not actively trying to lose but every once in a while hit the cardio hard before lots of fat starts piling up. 240 lbs now, fattest I’ve been in 2.5 years. Sort of scary but not trying to be scared.

Last night:

Shoulders + Biceps + Cardio

5 min treadmill run warm up

1 packet each from Cellucor, two NO2 products I’m running together.

2x11 30’s
2x8 40’s

barbell overhead press, new exercise for me
2x8 20 lbs
2x6 30 lbs
2x6 50 lbs

dumbbell side laterals
x5 25 lbs Left arm, no rest, x5 25 lbs Right arm

standing alternating dumbbell curls
x16 30’s [1 rep Left, 1 rep Right = 1 rep]
x16 35’s

dumbbell hammer curls
x12 35’s [1 rep Left, 1 rep Right = 1 rep]
x12 45’s
x10 55’s, NEW Personal Best
x10 50’s
2x10 45’s [someone else using 50’s and 55’s]

… mixed up Gatorade

1-arm preacher machine curls
x8 55 lbs Left arm, no rest, x8 55 lbs Right arm
x8 40 lbs Left arm, no rest, x8 40 lbs Right arm
x9 32.5 lbs Left arm, no rest, x9 32.5 lbs Right arm

short rope hammer curls, drop sets
x9 27.5 lbs Left arm
x8 20 lbs Left arm
x7 12.5 lbs Left arm

Rest

x9 27.5 lbs Right arm
x8 20 lbs Right arm
x7 12.5 lbs Right arm

Post, sit down and drink
Whey + Creatine + Xtend

cardio
treadmill 35 mins alternating walking and running

– Workout better than I hoped. Wanted to do minimal machines, see my real strength on overhead presses sucks compared to fake strength on smith machine overhead press. Fukk smith, barbells much harder need to get those numbers up!!

Biceps felt fresh, hit em hard, 55’s not that bad. Didn’t know if I could do 50’s but still trying hard to not think “no” or “I can’t” when I go into the gym. Just picked em up and did good form reps. At the end with the last sets with 45’s, was really hard, rested a bit at the bottom of each rep just to make sure I wasn’t swinging em up.

===

Today I do Legs.

Want to get in some cardio afterwards too.

Thinking about some SLDLs, find some sort of rack for me to do them, or just rest the barbell on a bench, whatever I can find. Also want to do single-leg hack squatting, something different.

Legs + Back

1-leg hack squat, new exercise for me
x8 80 lbs, Left leg
x8 80 lbs, Right leg
x8 80 lbs, Left leg
x8 80 lbs, Right leg
x6 140 lbs, Left leg
x6 140 lbs, Right leg
x6 160 lbs, Left leg
x6 160 lbs, Right leg

calf pedal machine
x14 300 lbs, Left leg
x14 300 lbs, Right leg
x8 400 lbs, Left leg
x8 400 lbs, Right leg
x6 400 lbs, Left leg
x6 400 lbs, Right leg
x6 400 lbs, Left leg
x6 400 lbs, Right leg
… lots of pressure on my knees from this machine. I will stop doing it.

x12 2 plates
5x5 4 plates

… mixed up Gatorade

1-arm dumbbell row
x8 50 lbs, Left arm
x8 50 lbs, Right arm
x8 50 lbs, Left arm
x8 50 lbs, Right arm
x8 80 lbs, Left arm
x8 80 lbs, Right arm
x8 80 lbs, Left arm
x8 80 lbs, Right arm
… No bigger dumbbells than 80’s in there at the moment. Gonna be like that till mid-August they say, when all construction is complete.

lat pulldowns
x12 100 lbs, wide grip
x10 145 lbs, close reversed grip
x10 130 lbs, wide grip
… still find these help my back out a lot

20 mins later at home
2 bananas, V8 Juice

… Did some new leg work, 1-leg hack squats, good fun, hard on quads esp higher weight. Form was good, one leg back just on my toes so i couldn’t help the working leg. Sort of like a lunge I guess, the movement.

===

Today is Rest.

Tomorrow, planned Chest + Triceps.

Try that NO2 Cellucor again.

Chest + Triceps

5 mins treadmill run warm up

2 packets Cellucor N-Zero NO2 [maximum dose]

2x12 40’s

barbell bench press
x15 bar
x8 50 lbs
x8 70 lbs
x8 135 lbs, NEW Personal Best
x4 145 lbs, NEW Personal Best

x8 50’s
x8 55’s
x8 60’s

hammer strength
x2 2 plates, finished set x8 4 plates

dumbbell pullover, flat
x8 40 lbs
x7 70 lbs, last rep fell out of my hands
x7 60 lbs, last rep fell out of my hands

cable crossover
2x8 50 lbs

… Mixed up Gatorade

EZ bar behind head extensions, upright bench
x8 bar
x8 20 lbs

1-arm rope pushdowns on Lat Pulldown machine
x8 50 lbs Left arm, no rest, x8 50 lbs Right arm

close grip bench press
x8 20 lbs
x8 40 lbs
… form very tight

Post, sit in a chair and mix it up in the gym
36 g protein whey isolate + 1 big teaspoon Creatine

20 mins at home
4 slices raisin bread

1 hour later
steak, wholewheat bread, 2% skim milk

2.5 hours later
steak, wholewheat bread, 2% skim milk

3 hours later, bed
steak, almonds, 2 MSM

— Workout good. Wasn’t expecting NPBs, but wanted to do more bench work so they just happened. Sort of in awe actually. Never set a date for when I’d do 2 plates on flat bench, so happy it came to reality. Added 20 lbs to that, was really hard. Surprised my bench still sucks but it will get better in time.

Tomorrow, Shoulders + Back.

Plan for overhead barbell presses, 1-arm dumbbell shoulder presses, barbell rows and standing bent-over dumbbell laterals.

That Cellucor is def not a NO2 product. Got nothing out of it. This is my 3rd dose now. Gonna go back to where I bought it and tell em. Bro selling it to me told me to get back to him, so I will. Crap product.

Shoulders + Back

2x12 40’s
… triceps a hurtin’!

barbell overhead press
x10 20 lbs
x8 40 lbs
x7 50 lbs
x6 60 lbs, NEW Personal Best
x4 70 lbs, NEW Personal Best

1-arm dumbbell overhead press, alternating
x10 35’s [1 rep left, 1 rep right = 1 rep]
x8 35’s

lat pulldowns
x8 120 lbs
x8 130 lbs

barbell row, overhand grip
2x8 50 lbs

1-arm dumbbell row
x8 60 lbs, Left arm
x8 60 lbs, Right arm
x8 80 lbs, Left arm
x8 80 lbs, Right arm

… mixed up Gatorade

x12 2 plates
x8 2 plates + 50 lbs

alternating arms iso-lateral hammer strength, new exercise for me
x10 1 plate, Left arm, no rest
x10 1 plate, Right arm

x8 1 plate + 25 lbs, Left arm, no rest
x8 1 plate + 25 lbs, Right arm

x6 2 plates, Left arm, no rest
x6 2 plates, Right arm

x4 3 plates, Left arm, no rest
x4 3 plates, Right arm

Stretches, Post
Sat in chair and mixed up,
Creatine + Whey

20 min later at home
2 bananas
1 cup no-fat yogurt ice cream [44 carbs]

2 hours later
steak, saltines

3 hours later, bed
steak, almonds, 2 MSM pills

— Happy with workout, even though triceps unhappy at me!! If I knew they were gonna hurt, would’ve taken that day off and did workout next day, more healing time.

Overhead press new weight, last 4 reps very hard, good work. Aim for 90 lbs now that I’m at 70. 90 is a good goal.

Tried out 1-arm iso-lateral low row hmr str. It’s like an upright dumbbell row. Good work there too. 3 plates a bit excessive, trying hard to simulate muscle and feel contraction, not let weight control me but I control the weight and when it moves.

Today, Rest.

Next, Legs.

It’s been a while, sorry guys

===

Legs + Biceps

hack squat
2x15 100 lbs

1-leg hack squat
x6 100 lbs Left Leg, no rest, x6 100 lbs Right Leg
x5 90 lbs Left Leg, no rest, x5 90 lbs Right Leg
x6 130 lbs Left Leg, no rest, x6 130 lbs Right Leg

hack squat
2x5 230 lbs
2x6 260 lbs
… as deep as I can do, well below parallel

1-arm rope cable curls
x6 30 lbs Left Arm, no rest, x6 30 lbs Right Arm
x4 40 lbs Left Arm, no rest, x4 40 lbs Right Arm
… 40 lbs feels like 70 lbs

dumbbell hammer curls
x5 35’s [5 reps for each arm]
x5 40’s [5 reps for each arm]
x6 50’s [6 reps for each arm… see how it goes]
x5 60’s, NEW Personal Best
x5 60’s
x3 60’s, finished set x4 50’s
… getting tired out
x5 60’s
x5 60’s

1-arm preacher machine curls
x6 50 lbs, Right Arm
x6 50 lbs, Left Arm
x6 50 lbs, Right Arm
x6 50 lbs, Left Arm
x6 50 lbs, Right Arm
x6 50 lbs, Left Arm

no rest in any sets above, now a break

x8 40 lbs, Right Arm
x8 40 lbs, Left Arm
x8 40 lbs, Right Arm
x8 40 lbs, Left Arm

no rest in any sets above, now a break

Stretches, Post
Whey + Creatine

20 mins later at home,
2 bananas
1 cup no-fat yogurt ice cream

1.5 hours later, hungry
chicken breast pieces
banana
broccoli
carrots

3 hours later, bed
almonds
2 MSM pills

…Legs feeling pretty tired early on.

Made new weight on hammer curls, try for some solid reps with 65’s next time. I hate my biceps, destroy them every time.

Today, Chest + Triceps with a little Back work.

Focus on bench press, incline flyes, dumbbell skullcrushers, bent over dumbbell laterals, machine row.

===

Chest + Triceps + light Back

2x15 35’s

barbell bench press
x11 bar
x11 20 lbs
2x8 135 lbs

x0 65’s, finished set x8 60’s
x8 55’s
x8 60’s

cable crossover, to pump up again
x8 40 lbs
x8 50 lbs
x8 65 lbs
… 65 feels like 110

2x6 55’s

hammer str
x4 2 plates + 50 lbs
x4 2 plates + 75 lbs

dumbbell skullcrushers
x8 40 lbs
x8 50 lbs

bent-over dumbbell laterals
x8 20’s
x8 15’s

standing bent-over dumbbell laterals [thinking of Arnold doing these]
x8 15’s
x8 10’s

… Bench press is still difficult at times 135 lbs. Dumbbells 70’s still out of reach, often times 65’s too hard. More goals to shoot for.

===

Next day, Rest

Next day, Rest

Today, Shoulders + Legs + light Back + rotator cuff work

Legs + Shoulders + light Back + Rotator cuff work

hack squat
2x12 100 lbs
x8 200 lbs
x2 260 lbs, too light finished set x4 320 lbs
2x6 400 lbs, stack
x6 320 lbs
2x6 300 lbs
… until 400 is easy weight, gonna keep hack squatting

barbell overhead press
x10 20 lbs
2x8 50 lbs
2x5 70 lbs
… 70 feels so hard!!!

iso-lateral hmr str
x10 2 plates
x10 2 plates + 50 lbs

… mixed Gatorade

1-arm iso-lateral hmr str
x4 3 plates, Left Arm
x4 3 plates, Right Arm

x4 3 plates + 25 lbs, Left Arm, NEW Personal Best
x4 3 plates + 25 lbs, Right Arm, NEW Personal Best
… crazy weight for me, plus crazy hard, form good though

x6 2 plates + 20 lbs, Left Arm
x6 2 plates + 20 lbs, Right Arm

x6 2 plates + 20 lbs, Left Arm
x6 2 plates + 20 lbs, Right Arm

1-arm dumbbell row
x10 40 lbs, Left Arm
x10 40 lbs, Right Arm

lat pulldowns, wide overhand grip
x12 80 lbs
x4 145 lbs
x8 130 lbs

rope face pulls, new exercise for me
x8 40 lbs
x8 62 lbs
x8 76 lbs
x7 65 lbs
… elbows flared out, think I’m doing them right, feels right

dumbbell rotator cuff raises [arms at like a dumbbell press but then just move at the elbows]
x8 5 lbs, Left Arm
x8 5 lbs, Right Arm

Stretches, Post
Creatine + Whey

===

Next day,

Chest

2x14 35’s
2x8 60’s
x6 65’s
x0 65s, freaking heavy no reps, finished set x6 60’s
x6 60’s

… spilled my water gallon on the floor. Oh noes!

barbell bench press, flat
2x6 90 lbs
2x6 75 lbs

iso-lateral decline hmr str
x8 2 plates + 20 lbs
x4 4 plates
x1 4 plates, too heavy finished set x4 2 plates + 70 lbs
x2 2 plates + 70 lbs
… getting freaking tired

cable crossover, till failure
x8 40 lbs
x8 50 lbs
x4 65 lbs
… no rest anywhere in between sets

Stretches, Post
Creatine + Whey

===

My energy for workout has been sliding for a little while, I blame my “less than clean” bulk diet. Too much bread, no enough veggies and long lasting carbs like rice.

Made up chicken, steak and rice yesterday, I’ll get back on track.

Yesterday before I did Chest I finally thought like,
“Sh.it, this is something I always want to do, workout and just make it a part of my life. It doesn’t feel contrived or I’m doing it for someone else like it sort of used to feel like, it’s 100% for me and that’s the only one who really cares. It just feels right when I’m in the gym, it’s simple, me vs the plastic-covered metal.”

So that was sort of a revelation.

I try to always think about what I AM ACTUALLY DOING. Like if I’m benching, I try to think if I’m doing better than last time, or if I’m not working as hard as I possibly could. I think about when I cheat food and when I’m done I feel like seconds but I know it won’t make anything better for me, either mentally or physically. I think about how I need to lean up better in the fall when I go back to university and how I know I can do it and how much better I will look and how I will feel, stronger, more alive, more able and how I need to put on muscle to get those feeling again, thinking about the future and how bad I want it, I shake with anger that I will get it done and I put on the angry face and just convince myself even more that I am worthless until I complete my goals, then I can be worth something.

Today, Back + Biceps, then Rest.

July 29th, Tuesday, Back + Biceps

1-arm dumbbell row
x14 40 lbs, Left Arm, no rest x14 40 lbs, Right Arm (warm up sets)
x14 40 lbs, Left Arm, no rest x14 40 lbs, Right Arm (warm up sets)
x14 60 lbs, Left Arm, no rest x14 60 lbs, Right Arm (warm up sets)
x8 70 lbs, Left Arm, no rest x8 70 lbs, Right Arm
x8 70 lbs, Left Arm, no rest x8 70 lbs, Right Arm
x8 80 lbs, Left Arm, no rest x8 80 lbs, Right Arm
x8 80 lbs, Left Arm, no rest x8 80 lbs, Right Arm

iso-lateral hmr str
x10 2 plates

x8 2 plates, Left Arm, no rest x8 2 plates Right Arm
x10 2 plates + 25 lbs, Left Arm
x10 2 plates + 25 lbs, Right Arm
x1 3 plates + 25 lbs, Left Arm, too heavy
x8 2 plates + 25 lbs, Left Arm
x8 2 plates + 25 lbs, Right Arm

… Mixed up Gatorade

pec deck rear flyes
x1 100 lbs, x1 150 lbs, x1 175 lbs, x4 170 lbs
x8 170 lbs
… machine is strange, not full ROM capable like I’m used to

1-arm standing preacher curls (never stood before doing these)
x7 30 lbs, Left Arm, no rest x7 30 lbs Right Arm
x7 30 lbs, Left Arm, no rest x7 30 lbs Right Arm
x4 35 lbs, Left Arm, no rest x4 35 lbs Right Arm

seated tricep pushdowns
x12 100 lbs
x10 150 lbs
x8 200 lbs
x3 200 + 7.5 lbs (no more weight available)
x1 200 + 7.5 lbs, finished set x6 160 lbs

1-arm seated tricep pushdowns (never tried this before)
x10 60 lbs Left Arm, no rest x10 60 lbs Right Arm
x8 80 lbs Left Arm, no rest x8 80 lbs Right Arm

Stretches + Post,
Creatine + Whey

— Workout good. Little discomfort in the 1-arm iso-lateral hmr strs, but didn’t push it so hard after that pain. Couldn’t do lat pulldowns, they always loosen up my back, because my shirt was too short and I didn’t feel like showing my fatness to the crowded gym so I did pec deck rear flyes. Damn machine is all messed up but my ROM wasn’t terrible, only like 70% full. Took a few reps to find a decent weight.

Went overboard on the seated pressdowns. Across from me is the machine preacher curl. Big Mexican man on it with a towel, doing 1-arm curls with the stack. He was staring at me the whole time. Sweat was coming off me like a melting snowman. Maybe that’s why he was looking at me the whole time, dunno why. I gotta bring a bigger towel next time, little hand towel ain’t cutting it. 1-arm pressdowns were killer. Sort of hard to keep the elbow in place but I tried my best.

Today, Rest.

Tomorrow, Legs + Shoulders.

Next, Chest + Triceps.

Legs + Shoulders + Upper Chest

hack squat
2x15 100 lbs
2x12 200 lbs
x12 300 lbs, legs awfully wobbly
x12 280 lbs, standing is hard

leg press, stacked
x12 100 lbs
x12 200 lbs
x12 385 lbs
x12 365 lbs
… seat all the way back but still hard to get my big ass legs into position

dumbbell overhead press
x12 35’s
2x10 45’s

incline dumbbell bench press
2x10 35’s
2x10 50’s

incline barbell bench press
x10 55 lbs
x8 75 lbs
x7 85 lbs
x7 105 lbs

… Mixed up 3 packets Gatorade powder, 75 carb

incline dumbbell flyes
x8 40’s
x8 35’s
x8 30’s

Stretches + Post
36 g protein Whey isolate + 5 g creatine monohydrate

===

Legs really hurt… Sort of pre-fatigued on the hack squat, then hit em really hard again on the leg press. Like I said above I’m a bit tall for the machine so I had to lift my ass off the seat to get my legs in position, then sit back down. Getting the weight up is the hardest part, that and going as negative as I can with the weight.

Today is Middle Chest and Triceps.

Gonna try out some new tricep work in addition to CGBPs.

Also get in some loosening Back work.

I’m planning on changing up my diet radically today.

University classes start back up Sept 2nd. Get back into the “residence halls” [you can’t call them Dorms anymore, policy thing] in late August.

The plan then is to lower carbs quite a bit, up protein, water, and keep training but with an emphasis on cardio.

Don’t want to take it too fast but I will do it, lean down again.

Unsure how much, but I estimate 40-50 lbs. Take pics before, during the “lean down” and after. Post em all up when it’s done. I estimate “lean down” phase will be complete around my birthday, January.

Got in a hurried workout last night. Yesterday was a hell, diet was bad timing but super clean. Getting my sh.it together in my head and new foods all over the place was stressful. Get in better schedule and workout today.

Last night didn’t go as planned,

Back + Triceps, all light work

rope face pulls
2x12 30 lbs

iso-lateral hmr str
2x12 2 plates

tricep dips between benches, new exercise for me
3x8 bodyweight

lat pulldowns
x8 100 lbs, wide underhand grip
x3 180 lbs, close reversed grip
x4 140 lbs , medium wide overhand grip

Barely got a sweat on but I did my Stretches + Post
Whey + Creatine

===

Diet was lots of steak, whey, apples, bananas, carrots, very little bread

Diet will be like yesterday plus brown rice, more stable carb

Workout is Chest + Triceps

Turned out to be just Chest

barbell bench press
x15 bar
x8 50 lbs
x7 50 lbs
5x7 135 lbs

dumbbell pullover
x8 35 lbs
x8 60 lbs
x4 70 lbs

dumbbell flyes, flat bench
x8 50’s

2x8 50’s

===

Back + Biceps

lat pulldowns, wide grip
x12 100 lbs
x12 120 lbs
x12 130 lbs
x8 140 lbs
x6 145 lbs

1-arm uni-lateral lat pulldowns [using cablecross over handle], new exercise
x8 40 lbs Left Arm, x8 40 lbs Right Arm
x8 40 lbs Left Arm, x8 40 lbs Right Arm
x8 45 lbs Left Arm, x8 45 lbs Right Arm
x8 45 lbs Left Arm, x8 45 lbs Right Arm
x8 50 lbs Left Arm, x8 50 lbs Right Arm

iso-lateral hmr str
2x8 2 plates
x8 2 plates + 50 lbs
x4 3 plates

x8 2 plates Left Arm, x8 2 plates Right Arm
x8 2 plates Left Arm, x8 2 plates Right Arm
x4 3 plates Left Arm, x4 3 plates Right Arm

1-arm preacher machine curl
x4 80 lbs Left Arm, x4 80 lbs Right Arm

preacher machine curl [both arms]
x1 80 lbs, x1 120 lbs, x1 140 lbs, x1 170 lbs [trying to find good weight]
x4 120 lbs
x3 140 lbs
2x6 80 lbs, to failure each set

===

Rest

===

Rest

===

Chest

2x14 35’s
… done quick with little rest between sets

barbell bench press
x14 bar
x10 50 lbs
3x6 135 lbs
x4 155 lbs, NEW Personal Best
2x6 135 lbs

cable crossover, using 2-arm freemotion machine
x2 50 lbs, too light finished set x6 60 lbs
x1 70 lbs, too light finished set x4 80 lbs
…using this machine 80 feels like 150, no lie. Needed to get angry to do these… feeling weak

dumbbell flyes, flat bench
2x8 35’s
2x6 50’s, each set to failure

dumbbell bench press
2x6 50’s, each set to failure

===

Legs today