T Nation

Myths: True or Not?

I have no idea if these are true, these are just things Ive belived for so long, so someone tell me if its true.

2 or more bannans a day will make you constapaited

dont stretch or crack your back in the morning because of thw ater that your spine takes in during sleep.wait 3 hours

both are completely untrue.

I have three bananas for breakfast everyday and I can take a dump in thirty seconds.

I stretch every morning before work and I function on a high level.

“If you want to gain weight, don’t sleep on your stomach or you’ll fart all of the extra food away.”

This was actually stated by some kid I knew in high school and I never forgot it. I am not sure he has graduated yet.

[quote]crod266 wrote:
I have no idea if these are true, these are just things Ive belived for so long, so someone tell me if its true.

dont stretch or crack your back in the morning because of thw ater that your spine takes in during sleep.wait 3 hours[/quote]

just to be clearer, Your spine does NOT take on fluid when you sleep…I have no idea what that even means. There’s cerebrospinal fluid INSIDE your spine (and ventricles in your brains) that basically is what nourishes it, and also acts as a heat dissipation system as well…but it has nothing to do with taking on water when you sleep.

If you hold your nose when you sneeze can you rupture your ear drums.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
“If you want to gain weight, don’t sleep on your stomach or you’ll fart all of the extra food away.”

This was actually stated by some kid I knew in high school and I never forgot it. I am not sure he has graduated yet.[/quote]

Well…is it true or a myth? What if I still sleep on my stomach but have my GF keep her finger in my bum?

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
crod266 wrote:

dont stretch or crack your back in the morning because of thw ater that your spine takes in during sleep.wait 3 hours

just to be clearer, Your spine does NOT take on fluid when you sleep…I have no idea what that even means. There’s cerebrospinal fluid INSIDE your spine (and ventricles in your brains) that basically is what nourishes it, and also acts as a heat dissipation system as well…but it has nothing to do with taking on water when you sleep. [/quote]

Probably got started from the knowledge that your spine decompresses and elongates slightly while you are prone, and somehow the facts got seriously confused to say you take on water while you sleep.

This was actually stated by some kid I knew in high school and I never forgot it. I am not sure he has graduated yet.[/quote]

I’ll take this one. Although it is true that farting all your food away will prevent you from gaining weight, there has been no corallary link shown between sleeping on your stomache and farting. Am I right?

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
just to be clearer, Your spine does NOT take on fluid when you sleep…I have no idea what that even means. [/quote]

Oh come on now, don’t pretend you like don’t know what he was talking about. He was obviously talking about the intervertebral discs and the fluid they take on.

yea these are two things i heard a while ago and never new if they were true

[quote]streamline wrote:
If you hold your nose when you sneeze can you rupture your ear drums.[/quote]

I dunno about holding ur nose but you can rupture your ear drum when you sneeze… dunno if you need to already have a sinus infection or something but Ive seen it happen. you can also break a rib when you cough :stuck_out_tongue:

When I sneeze really hard it makes my arms and chest tingley. Not a myth, but someone brought up sneezing, does anyone else experience something similiar?

[quote]dk44 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

This was actually stated by some kid I knew in high school and I never forgot it. I am not sure he has graduated yet.

Well…is it true or a myth? What if I still sleep on my stomach but have my GF keep her finger in my bum? [/quote]

Clearly, you leave the door open to burp the pounds away.

I am thinking “finger” plus “duct tape” should do the trick…unless something serious like Taco Bell is involved. I doubt she could keep the doors from blowing off the hinges unless she lifts weights too.

You’ll be big in time.

dk44 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Well…is it true or a myth? What if I still sleep on my stomach but have my GF keep her finger in my bum?

I am thinking “finger” plus “duct tape” should do the trick…unless something serious like Taco Bell is involved. I doubt she could keep the doors from blowing off the hinges unless she lifts weights too.

You’ll be big in time.[/quote]

Let’s keep your sexual fantasies out of here fella. I never would have guessed you were into bondage.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
dk44 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

You’ll be big in time.

Let’s keep your sexual fantasies out of here fella. I never would have guessed you were into bondage. [/quote]

Hey, I’m just trying to help you and your gas problem out.

Which, by the way, means products like Gas-X will leave you looking like a marathon runner in short order.

Now you know…

…and knowing is half the battle!!

I just thought of something…what is the other half?

Heroes in a half shell?

[quote]dk44 wrote:
Heroes in a half shell?[/quote]

Ridiculous. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have shit to do with the massive life lessons taught by the GI Joe team.

Clearly, you slept through that last part of the show.

I don’t even want to hear your take on He-Man.

http://www.joeheadquarters.com/joeendings.shtml

here ya big lug.