Myths About T-Levels

Guys,

I feel a little deceived by what I’ll call the mainstream, muscle mag press. I’ve been reading quite a few journal studies lately and have found that many of my core beliefs are simply myths. Here’s two of them:

1. The short term bursts in T-levels during weight training (and for an hour after training) are experienced not just body builders and power lifter but by those who do endurance training. In fact, in some well-done studies, the increases in T (37% or more) are greater with the endurance athletes.

2. The short term increases in T are NOT from increased testicular secretions but the simple result of decreased clearing from the liver.

Why do these mags talk about increasing T so much when its just a short term increase from hemoconcentration and decreased clearing? What good does that do anybody? Am I missing something here?

You are not missing anything. These transient spikes in T levels do not do shit!

[quote]Guttus Gumptuous wrote:
You are not missing anything. These transient spikes in T levels do not do shit![/quote]

I can’t tell you how many articles I’ve read that allude to them and their importance to muscle growth, blah, blah, blah…

[quote]Whisper9999 wrote:
Guttus Gumptuous wrote:
You are not missing anything. These transient spikes in T levels do not do shit!

I can’t tell you how many articles I’ve read that allude to them and their importance to muscle growth, blah, blah, blah…

[/quote]

Well, those articles lied, just like any articles implying that growth hormone is released in dosages high enough to directly influence muscle growth. I would think any influence from GH would exert its greatest effect during sleep, not training. One of the most anabolic hormones in your body is insulin. I happen to believe your eating habits have the greatest effect on your results. Next would be working out with enough intensity to actually force your muscles to respond to the injury.