T Nation

Myth or Reality?

http://g1.globo.com/Noticias/Ciencia/0,,MUL736032-5603,00.html

21 years old, german amateur bodybuilder.

The article says that he was using

Test E 500mg/week
Metandienon(anabol) 30mg

I cant really say anything because the goal of this article is to shock not to inform, so they dont put things very well.

What do you think?

Source: Brazilian newspaper

I dont know how you expect anyone to read what you write with that avatar you have,its hypnotizing

I’m with you. That avatar wins in the sexy dept hands down…

Globo is a pretty respected ‘jornal’, but really, those pictures look suspect to me. Sometimes media picks up on a sensational story, and they run with it without really verifying thoroughly.

I don’t understand- because I can’t read whatever language that’s in- Is it claiming gear did that to his chest? Or it fixed his chest somehow?
They don’t even look like the same person…some cliffs on the story would’ve helped.

this came out forever ago old news. search it. saying AAS caused all that. BS that is like staph or something

Ah claro um caso de acne bulgariso, its Portuguese Willy. I should have learned to speak it when I had the chance. I can barely read it. Its possible, but I wouldn’t take it for more than it is: shock media.

The man boobs were caused by the steroids.

But that horrible skin infection was not.

An unsanitary needle or unsanitary injection site conditions could have caused such a serious infection. The AAS itself obviously didn’t.
So, the process of Steroid self administration can be legitimately targeted as being(in hind sight) dangerous in this case.
Obviously, it’s hardly relevant as an argument against careful, responsible, and sanitary administration of AAS.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

There was an English language article about this a while back. Basically the kid only went to the hospital after he got a horrible infection from open sores on his chest and the flesh started to die.

It’s a wild, unfounded guess, but I’m inclined to think Necrotizing Fasciitis (Type I). Localized and mostly subcutaneous.

Negative propaganda - thats all… they may well be true, the boy may have had serios acne to begin with and test and dbol will certainly make the sebaceous gland produce overly.

I get virtually zero acne.

Some get some.

Some cant use AAS due to acne… he obviously ignored the symptoms at day 20 (by assumption) and did a 50, 60, 70wk cycle.

Brook

Looks like pemphigus to me, lol.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
It’s a wild, unfounded guess, but I’m inclined to think Necrotizing Fasciitis (Type I). Localized and mostly subcutaneous.[/quote]

Where in the hell have you been?

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Contrl wrote:
It’s a wild, unfounded guess, but I’m inclined to think Necrotizing Fasciitis (Type I). Localized and mostly subcutaneous.

Where in the hell have you been?[/quote]

Thats what I’m saying.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
It’s a wild, unfounded guess, but I’m inclined to think Necrotizing Fasciitis (Type I). Localized and mostly subcutaneous.[/quote]

looky there?!

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
I dont know how you expect anyone to read what you write with that avatar you have,its hypnotizing[/quote]

Best…avatar…ever…