Myostatin inhibitor

Guys, I hate to add another skeptical voice in here, but as much we–I–want to believe this, I just don’t think it’s gonna be. I mean, Biotest does some great work, but we’re ranking a supplement company at a level of scientific achievement that would merit Nobel attention (or at least be on par with John Hopkins’ lab work) if human myostatin blocking is safely possible! And I don’t want to appear improperly dubious, but how would the 100% MBG apply here? I can’t think of anyone who can train and diet for a year and NOT improve, so are we supposed to buy a year’s worth of expensive product before evaluating whether it’s effective? Products are starting to promise a lot more, but they’re also starting to ask a lot more, too: more money, more suspension of disbelief…I’d like to be proven wrong, of course.

I agree that the net result might be that body building gets removed from the arena of things one can engage in as a way of testing oneself and competing against others. If this stuff works as it has been described, then I guess we’ll all look great, will work out for the health benifits and will have to find some other pursuit to test ourselves.

Veljko, don’t sweat this. This myostatin supplement is a great thing for us weight lifters and it will not affect the average Joe. Someone who isn’t dedicated or disciplined will not get serious all of a sudden. Flex has an altered gene. This will just inhibit MAYBE 10% of the effect. Tim says we have to take it long-term for a year to get results from it. So basically, it will aide those of us who bust our asses all year long the most. I’ve seen steroids a skinny nobody to a pretty large dude in 12 weeks! I’ve seen Androsol and Mag-10 take an average build to pretty impressive in even less time! This myostatin inhibitor is MUCH LESS powerful than that. It’s exciting that our “genetic limit” which takes years or decades to reach will now be raised. And our blood and sweat will result in more results. But a newbie would probably have to take this inhibitor for many years to really get an effect from it. I’d say the longer you’ve been working out and the closer you are to your genetic potential, the better this inhibitor will work. This supplement will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for the fat slob or scrawny guy who are “waiting for the magic pill” to give them a body. And don’t even think about that bull in the picture for one minute. Animals like that have VERY LITTLE in common with humans. All animals can build appreciable amounts of muscle without “training”. Humans, however, are different, much different. There’s no comparision. So relax, everything is going to be ok. If you are as dedicated as you say you are this supplement will be like a designer supplement for you b/c it should work best on people just like you thus creating an even BIGGER gap between you and the average Joe.

Darren you bring up a interesting point… why do humans not develop muscles like a bear does… for example a bear will just play around, wrestle with its litter mates and parents and what not. Eventually bear is freakin strong. Question is are humans limited in some way or (excuse me for having a weird day and being out of it) if we forced a bear to do squats on would he be even bigger?

I agree with Akicita. It sounds like it could be a pretty cool product, but I’m not so sure I’d go jumping to the conclusion quite yet that everyone’s gonna be freakin yoked just by taking this stuff for a year or two.

One word - genes - They’re genetically programmed to be that way. Everything that we are or an animal is, is programmed in the gene code via the DNA.

Interesting thread. My thoughts:

1. I agree that Joe Average isn't going to fool with this. What s/he willuse is something that comes out on an infomercial: "New, from RoncoFlex! The Fataway pill!!! Eat whatever you like! Never get off the couch! And you too can look like this!! [Cut to shot of buffed dude and chick lying on the beach.] All for only $29.95 a month! Buy now!!!!!" I don't think we have much to worry about, frankly.

2. The 100% money-back guarantee question is a good one. Any thoughts on this, Chris Shugart?

3. As for bears (and many other animals), one reason they're so damn strong is tendon insertion points, which tend to be further down the bone from the joint than ours are. Leads to better leverage, which in turn means much more strength. Happens with people too, occasionally, the classic example being Larry Scott's biceps, which look in some shots like they insert about an inch or so below his elbows.