T Nation

Myostatin Blockers

I saw two bottles of a myostatin product at Vitamin Shoppe today for $20 a piece. I can’t remember exactly who made it. I understand this was quite the rage a few years back and Biotest even put out a product. I’ve searched and am aware over the basic concept, however, I am not sure why it seems that there is no market for such products and virtually no advertising form the companies that do make them.

On another note, anyone have positive results with these types of products? Any known side effects/interactions with other supplements? At $20 a bottle should it be something to pick up?

Tim Patterson addresses this in his interview. He says about it working in the test tubes but not in real life.

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
Tim Patterson addresses this in his interview. He says about it working in the test tubes but not in real life.[/quote]

What interview is this?

BTS Tim Patterson Speaks…

[quote]speedy5323 wrote:
I saw two bottles of a myostatin product at Vitamin Shoppe today for $20 a piece. I can’t remember exactly who made it. I understand this was quite the rage a few years back and Biotest even put out a product. I’ve searched and am aware over the basic concept, however, I am not sure why it seems that there is no market for such products and virtually no advertising form the companies that do make them.

On another note, anyone have positive results with these types of products? Any known side effects/interactions with other supplements? At $20 a bottle should it be something to pick up?[/quote]

Yeah I had side efects - Empty Wallet…