Myocardial Infarcts and HGH

Sorry but i didnt know where else to post this.

My Father in law was diagnosised with having a ventricular aneurysm.

I found an abstract that states that administration of Hgh helped prevent and improve the condition. However, my father in law also takes beta blockers for high blood pressure.

Ill post the link to the abstarct. Can someone check this over and verify that it is actually bad to administer Hgh with this condition if one is using beta blockers.

He is on 2 iu a day and is 64 years old if that matters at all.

Thanks for help

B

Thanks for the clarification BBB. I had him stop when I found the study. I’m not great at reading the medical jargon and you’re just the person I was hoping to review it.

I will research about the ACE and see if I can find no further contraindications with hgh we’ll see about switching him over.

Again, thanks!

Ventricular aneurysms are generally but not always secondary to myocardial infactions which are generally but not always secondary to coronary artery disease.

The usual medication post MI or with CAD will usually include ALL the following

A) Antiplatelets agents (Aspirin, clopidogrel, newer agents…)
B) Beta-Blockers (BP reduction, Pulse reduction, arrhytmia reduction)
C) Cholesterol lowering agent (Statins)
D) ACEI, ARB or if ACE/ARB cannot be tolerated (or the patient is of african origin) an hydralazine/ISMN combination, with an aldosterone antagonist (if there is heart failure)
+/- fluid control with diuretics such as furosemide.
E) other medications/devices for more specific situation or severity of disease.

A pt with a ventricular aneurysm should probably be on both (if BP or renal function permit) a beta blocker and either an ACE or ARB as both help with BP control and heve synergetic effect to inhibit disadvantageous myocardial remodeling. Moreover, BB reduce the risk of malignant arrhytmia inherent to a ventricular aneurysm.

Considering that there is significant clinical evidence supporting the use of BB and ACE/ARBs in situations like this and that the current level of evidence supporting the use of hgh is marginal (no large double blind randomized trials with many thousands of patients) I would not encourage the replacement of a clearly demonstrated effective medication with something that is, while interesting, not currently demonstrated as effective in RCTS.

Hope that helps somewhat.

AlexH

Thanks alex, although,I am a simple man and barley understood anything you wrote. What I gather is that the more important issue is that my father inlaw keep taking the prescribed meds as they Are needed to keep him alive, and maybe mention the gh use to his cardiologist or anti-aging doctor and have them monitor the situation as there is no real threat to him continuing the gh because evidence is “marginal”?

If I’m off in my assumption, again forgive my ignorance.