T Nation

Myo-Deterioration From Injection?

i have no history of muscle injuries in more than 10 years of weight training.

Last leg day it seems i tore/strained the rectus femoris near the hip during leg pressing a moderate amount (16 plates @ 10 reps) during my 2nd rep.

ended the workout & waited a week

today was leg day, and I didnt make it to leg presses. during power-squats @ 12 plates the muscle noticably "popped" at my 9th-10th rep..still a warm-up weight.

from what ive seen online, its the rectus femoris near the hip insertion.
doesnt hurt dramatically, but there is minor pain.

Now to the point:

Ive injected near that site, on the side of the leg, and mid-quad on the outer edge, and there still remains an elongated bulge. almost looks like a new muscle.

My question is.... is it possible the gear has weakened the tissue?

any possibility of the T400 alcohol content perm-killing tissue in that area?

Of course an MRI would be best...but I dont feel like paying a Dr. $ to tell me "your hurt, dont lift".

Anyway..any feedback on this long-ass rant?

-sM

Also.. i read a post RE: Rehad...and bushido.. mentions Winstrol as being BAD for tendon recovery...so.. i shouldnt use this to aid my recovery then yes?

recommendation?

-sM

Just about everyone arrives at the thread below when looking up AAS that are good for joint health.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=354624

thanks for that.

the thing is, ive not gotten stronger on legs from the gear..nothing ive not done being natural, and at less weight.

i dont see any reason for my tendons or connective tissue to be unable to maintain the weight im throwing at them...unless of course the winstrol just ruined my tendons/connective tissue..which would seriously be just a total fucking bunch of bullshit. what a waste.

im pretty pissed off as you can tell. ive never been injured lifting, outside of rupturing a disc preping for a show (100% my fault)...and this was during a warm-up weight...fucking lame.

f-word use is cathartic :slight_smile:

-sM

I really feel for you Synth. Of all the people on the board I'd have thought you would have gained most from a cycle, but it seems to have brought you nothing but problems.

IMO you're spot on with the diagnosis. It does sound as though there is a weakening of the connective tissue at the proximal attachment of the RF. Winny is notorious for weakening the strength of connective tissue.

I've PM'd you a really good article by Elzi Volk. Hope it helps.

Tone

Thanks man, I appreciate that.

I think the biggest thing with my poor results is the quality of the product.

I will read the article.

I am totally bummed. My leg training has been a focus, and my weak points were shaping up nicely...now Im scared to put any weight on - sucks.

-sM

Specific gear that promotes connective tissue strengthening? without making it/them brittle?

-sM

Anavar.

Deca and EQ.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.