T Nation

Myanmar or Burma or Whatever

What the flying fuck is wrong with these people? This military junta government is off the chain. There are countries, begging to help them, and what do they do? They seize the shipments…These guys are some real humanitarians…No hell is hot enough for these cocksuckers…

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/05/09/myanmar/index.html

Speaking of which, how come the world’s sole superpower is only giving 3 millions? Japan and Britain are giving out six times as much.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Speaking of which, how come the world’s sole superpower is only giving 3 millions? Japan and Britain are giving out six times as much.[/quote]

Because us citizens will probably give a crap load more through private channels.

Edit: Unless, of course, there’s no hope of it getting passed aid snatching thugs.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Speaking of which, how come the world’s sole superpower is only giving 3 millions? Japan and Britain are giving out six times as much.[/quote]

Why give more when it doesn’t reach the victims? I am sure the US will give plenty more soon enough.

[quote]lixy wrote:

We’re busy paying for everything else. The UN and shit like that. Always got your fucking hand out I see. Thanks for bitching about how much we give now. How much is your piece of shit homeland giving?

I thought Rambo just destroyed that country back in January?

[quote]btm62 wrote:
lixy wrote:
Speaking of which, how come the world’s sole superpower is only giving 3 millions? Japan and Britain are giving out six times as much.

We’re busy paying for everything else. The UN and shit like that. Always got your fucking hand out I see. Thanks for bitching about how much we give now. How much is your piece of shit homeland giving? [/quote]

They’re not contributing anything. They’re busy “observing their religion” by sending truckloads of suicide bombers to Baghdad.

[quote]pat wrote:
What the flying fuck is wrong with these people? This military junta government is off the chain. There are countries, begging to help them, and what do they do? They seize the shipments…These guys are some real humanitarians…No hell is hot enough for these cocksuckers…

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/05/09/myanmar/index.html

[/quote]

now now now, we need to respect other cultures and ways of life. if the nice junta government feels that keeping their power secure is more important then helping millions of starving refugees who are you to judge? its just their way of life.

[quote]lixy wrote:

Again, because this post was pretty funny. How can you ask why the US hasn’t given more aid, in a thread about Myanmar’s thugs snatching up…aid. And, why would you even try to turn the subject of this thread into the US? Can’t we discuss the problems with getting aid to where it is actually needs to go? There is an awful lot of people suffering over there, after all. And thugs seemingly pleased to allow it. So, can you take a break, just this once, and hijack some other thread into an anti-US rant, some other time?

[quote]lixy wrote:

How much have you given?

Fortunately we haven’t given it to them as they will only use it to bolster their power and not help people. So fuck them. Idiots would write them a blank check.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
btm62 wrote:
lixy wrote:

We’re busy paying for everything else. The UN and shit like that. Always got your fucking hand out I see. Thanks for bitching about how much we give now. How much is your piece of shit homeland giving?

They’re not contributing anything. They’re busy “observing their religion” by sending truckloads of suicide bombers to Baghdad.[/quote]

EDIT: I miss understood at first. skip. Carry on.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
lixy wrote:

Again, because this post was pretty funny. How can you ask why the US hasn’t given more aid, in a thread about Myanmar’s thugs snatching up…aid. And, why would you even try to turn the subject of this thread into the US? Can’t we discuss the problems with getting aid to where it is actually needs to go? There is an awful lot of people suffering over there, after all. And thugs seemingly pleased to allow it. So, can you take a break, just this once, and hijack some other thread into an anti-US rant, some other time?[/quote]

Is there anything to discuss? They want absolute control over the distribution of aid. The US did the same during Katrina. People were suffering in New-Orleans while the Feds were holding up foreign aid. I remember tons of European foods left to rot on airfields, and cargo planes stalled waiting for approval. I distinctly remember it because the Swedish Rescue Services Agency was very pissed at the US for not allowing them to deliver the aid packages.

But I don’t suppose it made headlines in the US…

[quote]lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
lixy wrote:

Again, because this post was pretty funny. How can you ask why the US hasn’t given more aid, in a thread about Myanmar’s thugs snatching up…aid. And, why would you even try to turn the subject of this thread into the US? Can’t we discuss the problems with getting aid to where it is actually needs to go? There is an awful lot of people suffering over there, after all. And thugs seemingly pleased to allow it. So, can you take a break, just this once, and hijack some other thread into an anti-US rant, some other time?

Is there anything to discuss? They want absolute control over the distribution of aid. The US did the same during Katrina. People were suffering in New-Orleans while the Feds were holding up foreign aid. I remember tons of European foods left to rot on airfields, and cargo planes stalled waiting for approval. I distinctly remember it because the Swedish Rescue Services Agency was very pissed at the US for not allowing them to deliver the aid packages.

But I don’t suppose it made headlines in the US…[/quote]

We didn’t need foreign aid.
Second, I am surprised, but perhaps I shouldn’t be, that you are propping up a tyrannical government who are indifferent to the death of over 100,000 people and leaving millions to starve and fend for themselves. These people need help and their government is making sure they don’t get it. Glad to see you care.

So go on let’s hear how this is the U.S. fault…I know, lets blame the cyclone on the U.S…It was our greenhouse gasses which caused global warming and forced it upon Burma. Oh, but Israel was in on it too. This has been the plan all along.

We’ve not only pledged money, but planes, supplies, cargo, and people who can and will help. But I see we’re the bad guy. How much has Iran pledged, what about Morocco, Egypt, Saudi Arabia Quatar, Oman, etc…Oh yea, that’s right…Nothing, not a fucking thing.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
lixy wrote:

The US had plenty of food and material and frankly did not need much of what was sent. The problems with access to and evacuation of the effected areas is well documented but there is little any foreign group could have done to help.

Myanmar’s situation is completely different. Go away.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
lixy wrote:

You could’ve made a much briefer response.

“Yes, I intend to hijack this thread, making it another anti US thread. No, I won’t admit how silly it was to criticize what the US has given in aid, in a thread about such aid being siezed by thugs.”

Does anyone wonder why I think lixy is an insincere troll?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Does anyone wonder why I think lixy is an insincere troll?[/quote]

I for one think the same thing. He’s being ordered to terrorize us westerners with his “free thinking” or else his sleeper cell leader will cut off his fingers.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
lixy wrote:

But I don’t suppose it made headlines in the US…

You could’ve made a much briefer response.

“Yes, I intend to hijack this thread, making it another anti US thread. No, I won’t admit how silly it was to criticize what the US has given in aid, in a thread about such aid being siezed by thugs.”
[/quote]

I didn’t criticize. I asked a question. The aid seemed disproportionate to me. Then you jumped in, completely ignoring my question, and derailed the thread into something utterly different.

The OP’s questions were not worth addressing in my opinion. We all know what “the flying fuck” is wrong with Myanmar. The country is ruled by one of the strictest military juntas around. This has never been up for debate.

So go ahead. Let’s hear what insights will follow an OP whose thesis is the lack of a hell hot enough for that particular group.

[quote]lixy wrote:

How come the followers of your devil-worshiping religion have committed over 11,000 terror attacks since 9/11?

[quote]lixy wrote:

I didn’t criticize. I asked a question. The aid seemed disproportionate to me. Then you jumped in, completely ignoring my question, and derailed the thread into something utterly different.
[/quote]
Come on, Lixy. You weren’t just asking a question. You wanted to raise an unrelated point. Your little spin off into Katrina demonstrates this. And anyways, the question was answered by the very subject of this thread. Because, their was a damn good chance these thugs would end up snatching relief money/resources. Which, in the end, they did.

Now, if you don’t want to discuss the subject, that’s cool.