My XBOX Is on the Fritz

[quote]t-station wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
OK Like I said it did the ring of fire once,( all lights red ) but since then it has been fine, but in the last week when I try to use it shortly into game play or like tonight while watching a movie it freezez up the screen gets all fucked up like a bad signal and it makes a horrible noise.

Mine did similar when it was packed with dust. Carefully use some of that computer duster in a can stuff. Lens cleaner will help.

PS3 studs your shit only became legit with ‘infamous’ before that it was an expensive blu-ray player. Edit: referring to the online play, what good is call of duty if you can’t slaughter angry teenagers online.[/quote]

Corretion, when the PS3 first came out, it was actually a CHEAP blu-ray player. Now its above average, but considering what you get it’s worth the cost. I have both so I’m not takin sides, both have good sides.

Xbox 360 original consoles used a 90NM manufacturing process for both the CPU and the video/graphics card. Later after many problems, a 65NM GPU chip was made and code named “Falcon”. the Falcon chip debuted in some of the Halo special edition versions and Elite Systems after August 2007. Currently all 360s are made with a 65NM GPU and CPU and is why reliability has gone up on the 360.

If your xbox has a problem and it is an older one you have had for a while, I would recommend buying an elite console and shipping the other one back for MS to fix, since a 120GB hard drive is $150 anyway, you may as well get the elite system.

another option is to buy an exact copy of your console from walmart, take it home, put your shitty one back in the box and bring it back to walmart and tell them it doesnt work. It is the cheapest way besides the towel and air cleaning mentioned above. but you didn’t hear it from me.

The PS3 I bought was the Metal Gear bundle with 80GB. I bought it because it was backwards compatible with most PS2 games via a hardware chip emulator called the “emotion chip” which all current PS3s no longer have and attempt to do via software emulation, so there is less success there. The older PS3s also have 4 USB slots in front instead of 2. the PS3 has awesome graphics and I used it to surf the web when my laptop died this year. It really is a computer, not just a console and the graphics are awesome.

I have all 3 systems, but I like the 360 the best. I like the gamecube better than the Wii, but like the online ability of the Wii. Although having a decent TV set up, and having an HDMI cable running to the TV will do wonders for how your picture looks as well. Would list my favorite games but it would be too long. Lifting and gaming are my only real hobbies. xbox gamertag is CMNDR Speed if you see me online losing at Halo3 :slight_smile:

[quote]b12sblue2002 wrote:
Xbox 360 original consoles used a 90NM manufacturing process for both the CPU and the video/graphics card. Later after many problems, a 65NM GPU chip was made and code named “Falcon”. the Falcon chip debuted in some of the Halo special edition versions and Elite Systems after August 2007. Currently all 360s are made with a 65NM GPU and CPU and is why reliability has gone up on the 360.
[/quote]

Actually, the problem with the 90nm GPU’s is that someone either on the Microsoft design team or marketing team is certifiably retarded and put a shitty heatsink on it. It never would have become an issue if this had been done properly.

But that would have cost an extra $1.50 per machine, can’t have that…

There is an offer today at Sony, for $150 credit towards any Sony product by getting a Sony credit card. Expires today. So you can get a brand new PS3 80g with extra dual shock controller for free for $249.

The quickest, most effective, and best way to fix an xbox 360 is to purchase a PS3

I’m on my 2nd Xbox 360 and it now died too. Same thing as the first. Red rings, freezes and glitches galore. I got the upgraded model from MS when the first one blew out. Now i can be on my 3rd console. Will i? I don’t think so. The xbox 360 has been a total crap shoot and like Microsoft’s Windows, this MS product is just about as stable. I recommend to stay away from it.

Go buy a PS3 and be done with it. The console is overpriced. The same parts on a PC would be worthless and obsolete.

Mine got the red ring of death. So i just fixed it.

Will my hardrive in my current 360 work in say an elite.