My WSSB Split

I recently finished an 8 week cycle using Waterbury's Anti BB Hypertrophy Phase 1. I am very happy with the results. My bodyweight went from 160 to 165. My bf from 16 to about 13. I did start to notice some weak spots in my body so I am going to attack them using a modified WSSB. I plan on using WSSB as a strength phase for about 8 weeks then I'll re-evaluate. 

This is my split. I have modified it slightly because the last cycle of WSSB I had really hard time recovering from Fridays repetition day and then doing a Max effort day on Monday.

Day 1: ME UPPER BODY
Day 2: off/cardio/shoulder prehab
Day 3: ME LOWER BODY
Day 4: off/cardio/lower body prehab
Day 5: REPETITION UPPER BODY
Day 6: off/cardio
Day 7: REPETITION LOWER BODY
Day 8: off/cardio
Day 9: REPEAT

Let me know what you guys think. I based the on Waterbury’s program ABBH.

Looks solid, just see how you react

Phill

[quote]SPARKPLUG wrote:
I recently finished an 8 week cycle using Waterbury’s Anti BB Hypertrophy Phase 1. I am very happy with the results. My bodyweight went from 160 to 165. My bf from 16 to about 13. I did start to notice some weak spots in my body so I am going to attack them using a modified WSSB. I plan on using WSSB as a strength phase for about 8 weeks then I’ll re-evaluate.

This is my split. I have modified it slightly because the last cycle of WSSB I had really hard time recovering from Fridays repetition day and then doing a Max effort day on Monday.

Day 1: ME UPPER BODY
Day 2: off/cardio/shoulder prehab
Day 3: ME LOWER BODY
Day 4: off/cardio/lower body prehab
Day 5: REPETITION UPPER BODY
Day 6: off/cardio
Day 7: REPETITION LOWER BODY
Day 8: off/cardio
Day 9: REPEAT

Let me know what you guys think. I based the on Waterbury’s program ABBH.[/quote]

Congrats on your results thus far. One idea you might want to consider is combining your RE upper and RE lower days. This is because if strength is your goal you’ll get more max effort work as opposed to RE (hypertrophy) work. Just take out some of the assistance upper lifts. I saw Joe D. say he’s finding his guys need less work after the RE lift anyways since they put so much effort into the RE lift.

Outta curiousity, what are you doing for your RE lower lift? I’ve been trying sled drags of all sorts.

That sounds like a good idea. Even though my main goal is maximal strength I still want to fill out my legs. Keeping them separate should help me do this in addition to raising my work capacity. It almost seems like a conflict of goals but I want it all.

My first RE lower body day I did belt squats 3 sets of 30 reps, good mornings 3 X 30, and calf raises 15,15,8,8,8,6 (really slow), then partials to failure, 10 sec between each. Then 2 min rest and repeat the same for calves. I’ll feel free to alter this day maybe use some EDT.