T Nation

My WS4SB Plan Once Shool Starts...

Once school starts this is my plan. I just did 2.5 months of SS and saw good gains

Mon: WSFSB ME Upper
Tues: Agility work (not too taxing)
Wed: WSFSB ME lower
Thurs: 1.5 hours basketball
Fri: WSFSB repetition upper/work correcting lower body muscle imbalance
Sat: 10 100m hill sprints
Sun: 1.5 hours Basketball

My numbers
Weight: 180
bench: 175X5
Squat: 235X5 (touch and go to box at parralell (sp))
DL: 255X5

I know that this is a lot of volume, something every day, but I am planning on eating more than I currently do so my strength gains continue.

My question is, what do you think of this “plan?” Will I continue to gain strength? Any comments are welcome.

anyone got any comments???

Seems like a lot to recover from, but that’s kind a person-to-person thing. Some people are probably going to tell you to squat lower.

[quote]JSmith23 wrote:
Seems like a lot to recover from, but that’s kind a person-to-person thing. Some people are probably going to tell you to squat lower.[/quote]

My back rounds if i squat any lower. Is there anything I can do to prevent this. I have been doing back extensions to strengthen the arch

[quote]chrillionare wrote:
JSmith23 wrote:
Seems like a lot to recover from, but that’s kind a person-to-person thing. Some people are probably going to tell you to squat lower.

My back rounds if i squat any lower. Is there anything I can do to prevent this. I have been doing back extensions to strengthen the arch

[/quote]

probably a mobility issue. Do a search for mobility drills. You could also try front squats, it’s easier to get lower and keep the arch. Good practice to put into action on back squats.

Definitly take a full day off, I would give up the agility or sprint day.

you better be eating a lot to see any gains with that much activity.

[quote]chrillionare wrote:
Once school starts this is my plan. I just did 2.5 months of SS and saw good gains

Mon: WSFSB ME Upper
Tues: Agility work (not too taxing)
Wed: WSFSB ME lower
Thurs: 1.5 hours basketball
Fri: WSFSB repetition upper/work correcting lower body muscle imbalance
Sat: 10 100m hill sprints
Sun: 1.5 hours Basketball

My numbers
Weight: 180
bench: 175X5
Squat: 235X5 (touch and go to box at parralell (sp))
DL: 255X5

I know that this is a lot of volume, something every day, but I am planning on eating more than I currently do so my strength gains continue.

My question is, what do you think of this “plan?” Will I continue to gain strength? Any comments are welcome.
[/quote]

WS4SB is a great plan, and it appears you are using one of the basic templates, which is good. However, you are also trying to do a lot of other stuff and not keeping one day for rest.

I would recommend combining the agility day with your 10 x 100m sprint day. Then you’ll have one full day of rest (Saturday).

Other than that, it looks good. Make adjustments as needed if you don’t recover, get weaker, etc.