Hi, a while back I posted a question here regarding routines, and it seemed that most people recommended WS4SB 3 for someone of my training experience (fairly limited).
So, I read the website, went through the template and made my exercise selections.
I want to get off my ass tomorrow and start pumping iron with the comfort of knowing that my routine has been checked by fellow T-nationers and is balanced. So if you guys spent a few minutes of your time going through this, and correcting/raising any possible issues, it would be much appreciated.
Background info (SCROLL DOWN if you want me to stfu and get to the exercises):
Bench 5RM 80kg/176lbs
Deadlift 5RM 110kg/243lbs
Squat 5RM 120kg/265lbs
I understand I need to gain mass all over. Lots of flat benching and only benching, for frequent and sustained periods during high school has left me with a middle/lower chest larger in proportion than the rest of my body. Since I am not pursuing athletic qualities, I’ve opted to leave out the DE lower body day, and instead, use the template below:
MONDAY Max-Effort Upper Body
WEDNESDAY Max-Effort Lower Body
THURSDAY Repetition Upper Body
SATURDAY ‘Vanity’ Day (This workout can consist of extra biceps, shoulders, calves & abs)
So here goes:
- Incline BB bench
- DB floor press (I think, at the gym I will just do a neutral grip DB bench press, lowering until my elbows touch my sides)
- Barbell row/Rear delt flyes superset
- DB shrugs
- BB curls
- Back squats
- Walking lunges (plan to switch to DB Bulgarians once I get used to the whole unilateral coordination, good idea or no?)
- Romanian deadlifts
- Ab circuit (possibly consisting of front and side planks, reverse crunches)
- Incline DB bench
- Pull-ups/Face pulls superset
- DB lateral raises
- DB shrugs/Hammer curls superset (or should I replace the curls with tricep pushdowns?)
- Plate pinch grips
- BB OH press or DB shoulder press
- Dips or CGBP (which one?)
- Calf raises
- Ab circuit
How does this look to you? Any balancing issues? What would you change?