T Nation

My Workout Program


I’m pretty new to weight lifting, got about 7 mos. experence into it, and my workout program goes as follows on any givin’ day. Legs: try for 8 eights @ 225, but usually get in 6 eights and the rest to failure, then I go to roman dead lifts @ 125-3 tens, hack squats @ 254-4 eights, leg press @ 400-4 eights and finally leg extesions @ 150-3 tens. One body part per day ( arms, legs, chest, shoulders, back ) but never the same bodypart on the same day, five different exercises per body part mixing up single and double joint movements, I guess my question is, am I going in the right direction for a happy medium between strength and building mass? I lean more to the strenth side of things when it comes to weights, also I use creatine, should I be Moving more weight with that stuff or what? Thank you for any info.

you might want to forget building mass for a while and focus on building skin. maybe steal some from the lard asses down at the clinic who just got they’re tummy tucked.

So…what makes you think that you, a new, inexperienced lifter, wouldn’t benefit more from a program designed by a knowledgeable professional? Is it that you think you can design something better without that pesky education/experience thing getting in the way?

The programs here are free, by the way. And, believe it or not, the authors don’t purposefully hand out shitty routines to get a cheap laugh at the expense of gullible newbs. You can do them without Ashton Kutcher jumping out of the squat rack sniping you with a camera.

Hey man, was just looking for an opinion not a snooty remark about what I’m doin. You weren’t helpful at all, dude. By the way, from the tone of your post it just seems right that you would mention a tool like Ashton Kutcher to get your point across,bro.
So I’m doing my own thing, if I understand my own personal body mechanics then what’s the big deal, it’s not like I’m exaggerating or padding my routine for it to seem so unbelievable that I could design it for myself.

[quote]Lono wrote:
Hey man, was just looking for an opinion not a snooty remark about what I’m doin. You weren’t helpful at all, dude. By the way, from the tone of your post it just seems right that you would mention a tool like Ashton Kutcher to get your point across,bro.
So I’m doing my own thing, if I understand my own personal body mechanics then what’s the big deal, it’s not like I’m exaggerating or padding my routine for it to seem so unbelievable that I could design it for myself.[/quote]

Actually, I thought his post was very helpful. Trying to put together a plan on your own at your level is retarded.

Read up, pick a training philosophy that appeals to you, and follow programs as written for at least awhile. Can you get big and strong without doing this? Of course. But it’s the most surefire way to go, by far.

It’s great that you “understand your personal body mechanics” whatever the fuck that means. If you’d prefer, keep following your own shitty program. Nobody here cares. If you want to get big and strong fast, admit your ignorance and pick something put together by someone who knows what he’s doing.

[quote]Lono wrote:
Hey man, was just looking for an opinion not a snooty remark about what I’m doin. You weren’t helpful at all, dude.[/quote]

Hey, dude, if you can’t figure out what my opinion is after reading my post, you’ve got bigger things to worry about than your routine, man. Dude.

[quote]Lono wrote:
So I’m doing my own thing, if I understand my own personal body mechanics then what’s the big deal[/quote]

Dude, man…I don’t consider this a big deal. At all. In fact, I don’t even consider it to be a small one. In fact, I consider scratching my balls to be a bigger “deal” than your attempt at creating a program.

It’s great that you know your “own personal body mechanics” though. Now, all you need to do is a) learn where the Enter key is, b) start reading up on supplements before you buy them, c) have the decency to at least post your WHOLE routine in a READABLE format before asking opinions on it, d) realize that, oh my gosh, you aren’t as smart as you think you are and, of course e) remember, once again, that it’s not a big deal. Do what you want. Everyone else (especially Ashton) could care less.

“Dude, man…I don’t consider this a big deal. At all. In fact, I don’t even consider it to be a small one. In fact, I consider scratching my balls to be a bigger “deal” than your attempt at creating a program.”

Balls? oh you mean the ones on yer chin? that’s f’d. I did see your opinion, but it wasn’t helpful at all, so I guess fuck it, never mind.

And your fucking shit posts are still snooty!!!

[quote]conner wrote:
So…what makes you think that you, a new, inexperienced lifter, wouldn’t benefit more from a program designed by a knowledgeable professional? Is it that you think you can design something better without that pesky education/experience thing getting in the way?

The programs here are free, by the way. And, believe it or not, the authors don’t purposefully hand out shitty routines to get a cheap laugh at the expense of gullible newbs. You can do them without Ashton Kutcher jumping out of the squat rack sniping you with a camera.[/quote]

I don’t know Conner, I usually like your posts. Even when you ripped on me, I thought your advice was right on, well written, and kind of humorous:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1305750

I think the one above was another good reply.

To the opener; first, he refernced Ashton Kutcher because he hosts some stupid show called punk’d. It was a joke, and kind of funny I might add.

Next, understand what people are telling you is that you will see better results by using a program from this site. I thought I knew a lot about bodybuilding, then I found this site. As little as i now realize I know, I can say I don’t like several things about your routine, or what I can make of it in that one paragraph mess.

Some of what I see:

I have no idea what this exercise is:

Why one body part per day? Most people recommend total body workouts featuring compound movements dividing upper/lower on select days.

You say 5 different exercises per body part, but I dont know how many sets per exercise.

Some sort of antagonist training (opposing muscles) is reommended by most.

Common opinion is leg extensions suck ass.

I think we are guiding you to ready made routines because there is so much to address.

Finally, you ask if creatine will make you stronger; understand there is no miracle, however there is evidence that taking creatine can marginally increase performance.

Most bodybuilders consider Creatine a staple supplement.

[quote]Lono wrote:
And your fucking shit posts are still snooty!!![/quote]

you sure showed him. wanna cookie?

Well,

I think you could be better served. The “One body part a day” thing is pretty bogus, because its nearly impossible to actualyl isolate a single body part.

You said

Well, its pretty out of proportion. You are working the lower body one day a week, upper body 3 times a week. Your shoulders are taking a horrific beating. Shoulders are involved in some way in nearly every upper body exercise.

If you want a split routine, look at Thib’s programs. Right now though, with the amount of volume you do in a single workout, I think the smaller muscles of your upper body are going to have trouble trying to recover.