Just Another Log

Satisfied client here. Anyone who wants to see what work can be done in six months with Stu should check out my old contest thread in the BB forum.

1 Like

My son is working this summer at a camp near Durango.

1 Like

Durango is cool little town. There’s a nice lake there, a old train that runs, and lots of mountain biking. What type of camp is he working for?

I’ve been debating about trying some BB type work for a few months after this year is over just to see what it could turn me into. @The_Mighty_Stu are you able to accommodate/develop a program and nutrition for someone who will be working in a garage with just a barbell? Obviously it won’t be the same like having a full gym with dbs, cables, etc. But curious what you could turn me into from January 2019-June 2019 with just getting creative with a barbell, plates, and bodyweight exercises…

1 Like

It’s a sleepaway camp for entitled rich kids. (I kid. Sort of.) He worked there last summer as well, and absolutely fell in love with CO. If he could get a year-round job there, I think he’d relocate permanently.

2 Likes

Lol, I use to know some kids growing up that went to camps like that. CO is great in a lot of ways. It’s growing with lots of job opportunities.

1 Like

The 50 reps I have no idea. I am able to get to 30 pretty quickly, but 30-50 was a grind, especially 40 to 50. My conditioning felt fine but my quads were on FIREEEEEE. I honestly thought I was going to cramp up. After I was done I had to jog around to get the blood to flow around.

lol, well, I try never to make rediculous promises (which bothers people who need that sort of thing to even put in any effort), but I’ve worked with some very limited clients in the past, and been able to get quite creative. Of course it always comes down to the actual client being willing to work with me. Despite what Rob Stein says about my coaching skills, I’m not truly a Wizard :slight_smile:

S

2 Likes

I will for sure be in contact with you come January. I found your website quite easily. I think if I did want to go the BBing route for a few months I def want to get with a coach like yourself to get the most benefit.

1 Like

CONDITIONING

A good family friend who’s a retired Marine Recon is in town this week so he hit me up to get a workout and breakfast today.

He said lets try that “300 Movie Workout”.

Pullups - 25 reps
Barbell Deadlift with 135 lbs. - 50 reps
Pushups - 50 reps
24-inch Box Jumps - 50 reps
Floor Wipers - 50 reps
Single-Arm Clean-and-Press with 36 lbs Kettlebell - 50 reps
Pullups - 25 reps

I didn’t pay attention to the time, must of been close to like 25 minutes, but I was FLOORED after this. Literally I just laid there for 10 minutes, while my friend was worn out but seemed to be just fine. All that special forces training came in handy for him lol. But he pushed me to finish even when I just wanted to stop. I had to break up some of the sets (like deadlifts, box jumps, c&p). I’m going to be SORE as shit tomorrow.

Haven’t had sausage and gravy with biscuits in a LONG time, but surprisingly I put down my whole plate lol.

4 Likes

Ohhh man. I haven’t seen that workout in ages! I did it a couple times about 10 years ago. I wonder how I’d compare against my younger self now.

2 Likes

You should give it a try man. Shit was rough still lol. I’m guessing you are stronger now than you were back then so you probably would do better.

I’d definitely beat young me, at least until we got to the box jumps. My knees feel like they’re going to explode standing up from my couch (at 27, this is not ideal!). Current me would need to knock everything else out with the quickness to prevent young me from the come-from-behind victory lol.

1 Like

Damn bro that doesn’t sound good at all! Go get that shit checked out!

I was being a bit hyperbolic haha. I live with a PT student and my gf is a nurse practitioner so I’ve gotten pretty everything but imaging done on them. There’s some problems in there but nothing that needs any immediate fixing. I’ll just need to get some new ones when I’m a bit older most likely :robot:

1 Like

Turn in your natty card you cyborg

2 Likes

One needs to simply look at my log and the weights I’m moving to know full well that either A. definitely natty, or B. fake nattyborg gone so, so wrong

Your log looks more like a natty going cyborg :slight_smile:

2 Likes

😉 370kg

A post shared by saeid alihosseini (@saeid.alihosseini) on Jun 13, 2018 at 10:00am PDT

Had to post this in my own thread because this blew my mind. So god damn smooth. These Iranian weightlifters are on a different level. Made 370kg look like 225lbs lol.

FRONT SQUAT (Chin-Ups, Push Ups, Hanging Leg Raises - 50)
315x8
315x8
315x8
315x8
315x8

LOG PRESS (Log Rows, Lateral Raises, Lunges - 50)
135x10
135x10
135x8
135x8
135x8

FARMERS WALK (Band Pull Aparts - 100)
315x50 yards
315x50 yards
315x50 yards

STEAK BURRITO
5 minutes

7 Likes