T Nation

My Whiney Weight Cutting Sympathy Post

No real content here. Just whining because I've got 3 weeks to go from 214 to 205. Weigh in is day before, not day of, so I've got some pedialyte already on hand and I should be back up to about 210 when I step in the ring.

Cutting weight sucks.

I know how feel bro, wish you luck! I’ve been thorough that hell too.

Let me know if you need any help

[quote]devildog_jim wrote:
No real content here. Just whining because I’ve got 3 weeks to go from 214 to 205. Weigh in is day before, not day of, so I’ve got some pedialyte already on hand and I should be back up to about 210 when I step in the ring.

Cutting weight sucks.[/quote]

9lbs isn’t that bad, but i guess to each his own…

here’s a thread i started a while back on this, and got some good advice on here:

good luck!

3 weeks to go from 214 to 205 that doesn’t seem like it should be hard at all… I went from 157 to 145 last week(at least for prep… lost it all Friday) for same day weigh ins. I did have roughly 7 hours to rehydrate etc… though sense there was an unusually long downtime.

If weigh ins are the day before you better step in at full weight the next day…

cutting weight does suck,

and here is where I am going to bust balls

anyone over 200 - 9lbs is like a good bowel movement and some belly lint.

really - 9lbs is like two hours tops if you wanted to sweat it out.

good luck on your bout

Yeah dude, 9 pounds is gravy, especially if you’ve got three weeks. Have you cut much before? Not knocking you, just saying that is gets easier the more you do it.

Yeah dude, 9 pounds is gravy, especially if you’ve got three weeks. Have you cut much before? Not knocking you, just saying that is gets easier the more you do it.

I’ve done it before, and yeah, 9 isn’t that hard. I’m just bitching.

That’s understandable. I guess “easier” is a relative term, even an “easy” cut still sucks haha

If you are dieting down over 3 weeks(versus cutting water before the weigh in), you probably won’t be 9 pounds heavier come fight time(unless you completely gorge yourself with food–obviously bad idea).

9 pounds is nothing, I wouldnt even waste energy sweating it out with a sauna suit on a treadmill or even in the sauna, down 2 gallons of water a day for 4-6 days prior, cut sodium 2 days before weigh in’s as well as carbs and you should drop at LEAST that 9 pounds. Good luck with your fight tho. Let us know how it goes, K.O his ass.

Thanks. It’s my first IKF San Shou rules fight, I figure it’s a good bridge between MT rules and full-on MMA. My jiu jitsu isn’t good enough for any respectable promoter’s MMA yet, but on my feet I’m fairly confident that I can take this guy.

We’re in headgear, but I don’t think it’s going to affect my knockout power much. He’s got a judo background, but is fairly new to striking (his 3rd San Shou fight). I’m mostly a striker, but I’ve been working basic takedowns and throws for several years now.

I still don’t want to clinch with him, so I’ve been working on breaking clinches and throwing followup shots on a training partner with a judo background. Hoping to gas him out, then knock him out, but we’ll see how that goes.