My V-Diet Thread

So I guess the question is down to: T-Bone Ribeye or Sirloin? I prefer rib eye my self, but isn’t sirloin healthier?

BTW, I am really hoping Biotest develops a steak tasting protein shake. :slight_smile:

Day 5: I’m very close to the meal, plan on having it tomarrow night atm and drinking 2-3 shakes the rest of the day. I think I’ve determined what makes the shakes slightly less than appealing. It’s the sweet factor. I never really ate sweet stuff until these shakes, and these are pretty damn sweet!

Day 5: I’m very close to the meal, plan on having it tomarrow night atm and drinking 2-3 shakes the rest of the day. I think I’ve determined what makes the shakes slightly less than appealing. It’s the sweet factor. I never really ate sweet stuff until these shakes, and these are pretty damn sweet!

[quote]ZSebag wrote:
Day 5: I’m very close to the meal, plan on having it tomarrow night atm and drinking 2-3 shakes the rest of the day. I think I’ve determined what makes the shakes slightly less than appealing. It’s the sweet factor. I never really ate sweet stuff until these shakes, and these are pretty damn sweet![/quote]

You are lucky not to like sweet stuff. I can’t imagine not having a sweet tooth.

If you can, try to have the meal earlier in the day rather than later.

What time would you reccomend?

[quote]ZSebag wrote:
So I guess the question is down to: T-Bone Ribeye or Sirloin? I prefer rib eye my self, but isn’t sirloin healthier?[/quote]

Well, it depends what you consider healthy. I think there’s a whole lot of nutritional value in good beef fat, so I’d go for the rib-eye. You’ll also get a lot of satiety from it.

Sirloin does have a great flavor and if you think it’s wiser and safer to go leaner, it’s perfectly cool. And it’s the right answer to “What Would Shugart Do?”

I don’t wanna bring anybody over to the dark side or anything.

Me, I’m having the double grass-fed beef cheeseburger, no bun, with a fried egg on top…I think.

I assume I won’t be able to finish it, but I still wanna look at it.

I’m having the same problem and I’m like, no wonder you crave wholesome solid food, I mean, if you’re living on Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks all week of course you’re gonna crave grilled salmon and broccoli, no?

I wish they made a plain, unflavored Metabolic Drive. Unlikely.

Have you tried decaf instant coffee crystals? That might help.

I put a teaspoon in a 2-scoop shake and it adds a little bitterness. A teaspoon of straight cocoa would, too. The calories in a teaspoon of cocoa are pretty negligible: 20 cal and 2 carbs per tablespoon, divided by three.

oh yeah, gustavopacho added a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime to his shakes at first to cut the sweetness until he got more adjusted to it.

The first couple of days on the V-Diet were a sudden change for me too. It wasn’t easy so I just slammed each shake quickly. I used just enough water to make it thin enough for a 8 oz glass and chugged it.

The diet gets easier the longer you are on it. Who knows, you might just get to week 3 and think that 1 more week would be a piece of cake.

There is something about finishing a program most normal people would give up on that delivers a very nice sense of real accomplishment. Stay strong.

[quote]ZSebag wrote:
What time would you reccomend?[/quote]

The best option would be breakfast, as in Shugart’s original suggestion.
The earlier, the better - myself and many others do it for lunch - especially if you’re gonna be eatin’ beef :slight_smile:

Thanks for your thread - these V-diet threads have been great reading lately.

I’m on day 3 right now, and for some reason I’m a little obsessed with salt today. I really want to eat a couple tablespoons of soy sauce or eat some kosher salt (which, normally, sounds pretty gross to me). Did any of you experience the salt craving or have any tips on handling them?

I never had a huge craving for salt, however I’ve had an insatiable craving for steak(I guess you’ve probally already noticed this though) I have been craving vegetables as well though, like asparagas for example.

[quote]yerba wrote:
Thanks for your thread - these V-diet threads have been great reading lately.

I’m on day 3 right now, and for some reason I’m a little obsessed with salt today. I really want to eat a couple tablespoons of soy sauce or eat some kosher salt (which, normally, sounds pretty gross to me). Did any of you experience the salt craving or have any tips on handling them? [/quote]

Quite a few people have mentioned the salt cravings in other threads.
The best thing is to tough it out - after all, cravings are to be expected, and giving in to them will set you up for future failure as well. However, some people have resorted to eating a few pickles, which they claim works…

Stay tough!

Wakiki

A little bit of broth helps with the salt cravings. Helps the keto mouth you’re probably going to experience the first few week or so.

I’m thinking about buying a little bit of broth. Hrm what do you guys think about perhaps mixing Vanillia + Chicken or Beef broth or is that a disaster waiting to happend. If these weren’t sweet it’d prolly be much more amazing.

[quote]
Hrm what do you guys think about perhaps mixing Vanillia + Chicken or Beef broth or is that a disaster waiting to happend.[/quote]

i just threw up in my mouth a little…

i take a teaspoon of sauerkraut or sauerkraut liquid from time to time.

you can add a pinch of sea salt to your shakes, it’d actually improve the sweetness by giving it more…complexity.
am i pretentious or what?

use a mineral-rich salt like Celtic salt, which is grey, or Redmond RealSalt, which is pink. or use whatever you have!

I add a few drops of Concentrace to my shakes, which is seawater with the sodium removed. adds trace minerals!

When I started the diet I felt the same way about the shakes. I can drink anything but 2 scoops of Metabolic Drive were, now that you say it, too sweet. One thing I did was mix 1 scoop of van and 1 scoop of choc Metabolic Drive together and it surprisingly cut down the sweetness and tasted good. Now I can take 2 scoops of van or choc without a problem.

As far as salt my fiancee was sitting next to me eating soup and it took everyhting I had to not lick the bowl… ha so yeah I had salt cravings. I just drank more water to ensure I wasn’t dehydrated.
bill
KEEP GOING and eff 21 days do 28!

So I just made a V-Muffin for my last meal of the day. I really like these things, it takes the sweetness off of it. I think I may be adding one in every day or 2 on the diet. Their Chris Shugart approved!

After reading some older V-Diet threads, I found that people were drinking all sorts of things to deal with the salt cravings - broth, pickle juice, olive juice… So I went out and bought some beef broth. I ate a bowl of it and it really hit the spot - nice and salty, meaty taste, mmmmmmm…