rear squat
dead lift
reverse hyper
leg extension

Upper day 2
same as day 1

Lower day 2
same as day 1

OR, you could just read this and learn to do everything right. Your choice.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1474118

[quote]elitemarine wrote:
any more advice on the latest routine?

Monday AM: (upper)
BB bench press (Push)
DB incline bench press (Push)
DB Seated press (Push)
BB bent over rows (PULL)
BB pull overs (PULL)
weighted dips (Push)
BB curls (PULL)

that is 4 pushes and 3 pulls. looks pretty equal to me!

THEN running after my AM workout.

Monday PM: (boxing/abs class)
its a 2 hr class at golds gym abs/boxing…

Tuesday AM: (lower)
BB squat (Push)
BB hang clean/front squat combo (PULL/Push)
BB roman deadlif (PULL)
BB seated calf raises (Push)

that is 3 pushes and 2 pulls. pretty equal!

THEN running after AM workout

Tuesday PM: (boxing/abs class)

wednesday AM: Running 1 hr

wednesday PM: (boxing/abs class)

Thursday AM: (upper)
BB incline bench press (Push)
DB flys (PULL)
BB military press (Push)
DB Lying rows (PULL)
pull ups (PULL)
BB skull crushers (Push)
concentration curls (PULL)

that is 3 pushes and 4 pulls … seems pretty equal right?

THEN running after AM workout

Thurs PM: (boxing/abs class)

Friday AM: (lower)
BB squats (Push)
BB deadlifts (PULL)
BB good morning/reverse lunge combo (PULL/Push)
weighted leg curls (PULL)
BB calf raises (Push)

that is 3 pushes and 3 pulls. pretty even to me!!!

Then Running after that…

NO PM BOXING!

saturday AM: (abs then running both AM)
superset (no rest, only 20 sec. rest btw sets) - weighted crunches, leg raises, side bends (3 sets of 20 reps)

Sunday: REST REST REST

is this bad? it looks pretty balanced to me. and yes im cutting.

and i will be doing all this in the AM. and the PM i will be taking boxing classes mon-thrus.[/quote]

First of all, you need to show us your set/rep scheme for every exercise.

When we talk about Push/Pull movements we mean balance at a certain joint (in this case the shoulder complex), not just a random pull to balance a push.

For example, Monday you claim you have 4 Push movements and 3 Pull movements. Wrong. You actually have 2 Pull movements because the Barbell Curls do not count. It’s not a Pull at the shoulder joint but a pull (flexion) at the elbow joint. When it comes to the elbow joint you’ll need an extension exercise to balance the flexion. Which could be DB triceps extension.

Tuesday AM: (lower)
BB squat (Push)
BB hang clean/front squat combo (PULL/Push)
BB roman deadlif (PULL)
BB seated calf raises (Push)

The set-up here is not bad, but the idea is flawed again. BB Squat, push from the hip joint. Hang Clean, pull from the hip joint. Romanian Deadlift, pull from the hip joint.

Seated Calf Raises, push from the ankle. You claim you have 3 pushes and 2 pulls. Ummm… In reality, you have 1 Push from the Hip Joint and 2 pulls from the Hip Joint. Seated Calf Raises do not count since it’s movement occurs at the ankle.

Thursday AM: (upper)
BB incline bench press (Push)
DB flys (PULL)
BB military press (Push)
DB Lying rows (PULL)
pull ups (PULL)
BB skull crushers (Push)
concentration curls (PULL)

Your idea is flawed but the set-up is not bad. We just need to see your set/rep scheme.

I’m finished dissecting your program. If you don’t get it by now then, I’ll recommend following a pre-made program. I really think you should check out my previous post where I mentioned an appropriate program.

You still haven’t listed your stats (height, weight, etc.)

i am following a good nutrition plan. i will post that later when i get the routine tooken care of… i think i should do running on wednesday cuz i need lots of running.[/quote]

Your activity levels are extremely high and I wouldn’t recommend restricting calories. I’d recommend consuming a caloric excess. By consuming a caloric excess and having activity levels that high you’ll definitely lose fat and build some muscle. You will not grow restricting your calories as a matter of fact you’ll get smaller.

Why do you need so much running? Stop trying to go two directions at once. You’re just making your journey longer and harder. Get one goal whether it is to build muscle or drop body fat. Finally, aim for it. When you get to that goal switch gears.

Here’s a more realistic program for your cutting phase: http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=214rip2

im cutting not bulking i already went through a bulk phase.

i weigh 175 now, 5’10". 16 years old… benched 260 the other day, deadlifted 340 tuesday. squatted 360 4 times w/o a belt tuesday parallel…

im cutting not bulking i already went through a bulk phase.[/quote]

Your routine is a strength building routine, being an upper / lower split. Are you expecting to gain strength while cutting? And cutting? Cutting what? At 175, you aren’t even at the minimum weight to even think of cutting. You shouldn’t even know what that word means.

Great for a string bean. One of these days, you’ll want to look big and strong to go with your real strength. But hey, if you want to LOOK weak, be my guest. Far be it for me to hold back someone’s progress.

At 16 you’re prime for growth, and yet you’re looking to cut? I’m assuming, from your handle and the fact that you have a ton of running, boxing and abs, that you are expecting to join the corps. With the propper diet and training, you could easily be 220 and much stronger by 18-19 yrs. old.

What do you think a drill seargent would rather have, 5’10" 175, or 5’10" 220?You are already strong for your size, problem is, you’re actually small! Forget about cutting. Take in 300g protein/day spread out over 6-7 meals, with lots of veggies and train hard!

[quote]kroby wrote:
elitemarine wrote:
im cutting not bulking i already went through a bulk phase.

Your routine is a strength building routine, being an upper / lower split. Are you expecting to gain strength while cutting? And cutting? Cutting what? At 175, you aren’t even at the minimum weight to even think of cutting. You shouldn’t even know what that word means.

i weigh 175 now, 5’10". 16 years old… benched 260 the other day, deadlifted 340 tuesday. squatted 360 4 times w/o a belt tuesday parallel…

Great for a string bean. One of these days, you’ll want to look big and strong to go with your real strength. But hey, if you want to LOOK weak, be my guest. Far be it for me to hold back someone’s progress.

[/quote]

Buddy, post a pic of yourself. Being 16, 5’10 and 175lb. I can’t picture a fat person. Maybe if you were 200lb. You’re lifting weights too, so I know you don’t look bad.

Your routine is terrible. You’ll be better off following Westside for Skinny Bastards without Repetition Work, that’s if you’re really going to go through with cutting (which you don’t need).

Bodybuilders that compete have an extremely hard time dropping body fat and maintaining muscle mass for competition. What makes you think you can do the same? It’s not that simple. Don’t make things hard on yourself.

No one’s going to know how much you Squat if you don’t look like it. Bottom line, you need to eat to get bigger. Do not restrict your calories ESPECIALLY at 16 years old. 5’10? You can probably get taller. Don’t restrict your calories.

Just eating a caloric surplus will make you stronger. You want to get stronger, right? Don’t restrict your calories.

When you leave high school you want to be known as the skinny guy or the big guy? By the time you hit 18 you’ll be huge. That’s if you eat. Cutting and bulking, back and forth, will keep you back.

You finished your bulking phase? Naw man, build muscle (bulk) for two more years. Then post some monster AFTER pics.

Read and understand this article fully: http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=07-004-diet

Lesson: http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=309eat2

By the way, your routine is not good.

If you want to keep up your boxing here’s an idea:

Day 1: Max Effort Upper Body (Westside for Skinny Bastards)
Day 2: Boxing
Day 3: Max Effort Lower Body
Day 4: Boxing
Day 5: OFF
Day 6: Boxing
Day 7: OFF

OR

Day 1: Max Effort Upper Body (Westside program)
Day 2: Boxing
Day 3: Max Effort Lower Body
Day 4: OFF
Day 5: Repetition Effort Upper Body (Size)
Day 6: Boxing
Day 7: OFF

When you go for maxes aim for 3-6RM. No need to hit singles yet. You want to get big, right?

One of the pre-made programs I saw great size and strength gains with was The Waterbury Method: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=534922

If you want to lay off the focused strength phase for a month then get big all over, click the aforementioned link.

I’ve surpassed everybody except for one guy, at my High School I use to go to, in size and strength in two years. Some of them have been lifting for 4 years. I still surpassed them. What are they doing wrong? What am I doing right? The ripped-up skinny boys started modelling. They stopped lifting heavy and ate like bitches! Teenagers everywhere became obsessed with low-body fat levels and zero muscle mass. Cuts, pump-enhancement powder all that bullshit. Don’t fall for it my friend.

Watch out, someone might not be as strong as you right now but they are eating like a man! They will eventually be bigger and stronger than you. Don’t get caught up with the bullshit!

Realize, that if you’re weight training and doing Boxing you’ll need even more calories to grow. Either you take down the weight training or boxing a notch. I’ll recommend the boxing. You said your nutrition program is good. I don’t believe you. Post it. Post what you eat on a weight training day. Post what you eat on an OFF day. Oh wait, you have no OFF days… How are you doing your homework? Don’t stress yourself out kid.

Getting big isn’t easy. You aren’t making it any easier.

Read those articles!

Let me just comment on the balance again. I’m going from memory here as it’s a page back, but it seems you had 1 more pushing movement than pulling movement each day. Now, at 4 days, that’s already 4 pushing movements more than than pulling movements.

Also, you can classify curls, flyes, etc. as pulling movements. However, they don’t prevent back/chest imbalances, flyes can even make them worse. So, you’re looking at about 7 more pushing movements than pulling. That just can’t be called a balanced routine.