My Updated Workout Plan

Hey guys. With help from alot of this forum and particularly one member on here, I have a new updated workout plan and am looking for some input as to whether or not it is good.

For starters, I am 19 years old, weigh about 145 pounds, and am about 6 foot. I have worked out about every other day for the last month, and have seen results but not as good as I would have hoped.

Anyway, this is my new plan as of right now.

----Monday----
AT GYM
Bench Press 3x8 (about 130 pounds)
Bicep curls 3x5 (about 50-60 pounds)
Military press 3x8 (45-55 pounds)
AT HOME
Sit ups 2x25
Push ups 2x15

----Tuesday----
AT GYM
Day off
AT HOME
Sit ups 2x25
Push ups 2x15

----Wednesday----
AT GYM
Squat 2x8 (not sure of weight)
Leg press 3x10 (about 280 pounds)
Leg curl 3x8 (not sure of weight)
AT HOME
Sit ups 2x25
Push ups 2x15

----Thursday----
AT GYM
Day off
AT HOME
Sit ups 2x25
Push ups 2x15

----Friday----
AT GYM
Pull ups 3x5 (Or as much as possible)
Pull downs 3x10 (not sure of weight)
Shrugs 3x8 (not sure of weight)
AT HOME
Sit ups 2x25
Push ups 2x15

----Saturday----
AT GYM
Day off
AT HOME
Sit ups 2x25
Push ups 2x15

----Sunday----
AT GYM
Day off
AT HOME
Sit ups 2x25
Push ups 2x15

What do you guys think? For the weights I said I am not sure of, its because I have not yet tried these exercises. I also am going to try to eat 3 solid meals a day and run as much as possible.

Also, when doing bicep curls, is it better to use 2 free weights, one in each hand, or to use one solid bar?

Thanks so much!

David

Email: switze22@msu.edu
AIM: Pokerchamp17

See if you can eat more meals, like 5-6.

Remember Breakfast is incredibly important to start the furnace going, and after your workouts at the gym is important.

I recommend you add 5pushups a week.

With the weight lifting schedule it’s good enough for now, but if you still feel stoked and don’t feel like you are working yourself as much as you should add in another set to all your exercises.

Recommend also you remember to do some incline pressing and dont forget flyes!

Oh also do not be afraid to variate the tempo at which you workout at, rest time between sets, and grip placement and make sure to remember all important form/technique/breathing. Like Squats : you want to inhale before going down and exhale halfway up or at the top at the end of the rep. Stuff like that will help you go harder and stronger.

With bench inhaling as lower and exhaling as you push. As you read more just pick up on the nuances and the little thing.

Oh and when your feeling good don’t be afraid to go a little harder,heavier, or throw in another set or rep!

what ya eating you neeed tob eat to gain #1 your very damn small not to flame but you ar eat up

program imo low on total volume scrap it pick one here learn what works fo you. Why the push ups and sit ups daily?? a reason??

Phill

Eat more and lift heavier. Scrap the leg press and curls - it’s for geeks. Squat heavy every workout and aim to progressively add weight on every lift every time you train (for 8-12 weeks). Learn to bench press with perfect form (read Dave Tate’s material) then train it heavy. Do pull-ups and chin-ups in the gym, at school, at home, in a bar, anywhere & everywhere. Deadlift heavy every other workout.

If you want to pack on size and strength your workout should look something like this:

Monday

Front Squat 3 x 5
Alt. DB Bench Press 3 x 5
Deadlift 1 x 5
Eccentric Chin-ups 4 x 1 (30" negatives)

Tuesday

Active Rest + Eat & Grow

Wednesday

Back Squat 3 x 5
Push Press 3 x 5
Pull-ups 3 x AMRAP
Alt. DB Triceps Extensions 4 x 6@
Single-leg RDL 4 x 8

Thursday

Active Rest + Eat & Grow

Friday

Front Squat 3 x 5