Military Press (5/3/1)
Floor Press (Assist SST)
Lats: Pull-ups 3x12
Upper Back: DB Rows 3x20
Delts: Side Lat Raises 3x15*
Delts: Rear Delt Raises 3x15*
Triceps: Overhead Cable Ext 3x12
Biceps: Preacher Curls 3x12
*Additions for remedying known muscle imbalance and to achieve muscular symmetry.

TUESDAY
Sumo Deadlift (5/3/1)
Front Squats (Assist SST)
Quads: Split Squats 3x10*
Hams: Leg Curls 3x15
Low Back: Back Ext 3x12
Abs/Grip: Hanging Leg Raise 3x10
*Unilateral movement to work out known hip/glute imbalance/weakness

THURSDAY
Bench (5/3/1)
Incline Bench (Assist SST)
Lats: Barbell Row 3x12
Upper Back: Face Pulls 3x20
Pecs: Incline Cable Fly 3x15*
Triceps: DB Skull Crushers 3x12
Biceps: DB Curls 3x12
*Additonal movement to add chest frequency each week and some much needed symmetry

FRIDAY
Squat (5/3/1)
Stiff-Leg Deadlift (Assist SST)
Quads: Leg Press 3x10*
Hams: GHR -OR- DB RDL 3x12**
Low Back: Good Mornings 3x12
Abs: DB Side Bend 3x20
*Additional movement to balance out quad addition on Deadlift day
**Going to attempt GHR (never done them but recognize their usefulness) but may have to replace with RDLs or split up the sets between the 2 movements

I’ve done my best to respect the original SST laid out in the first 5/3/1 book, though I’ve added movements to address my own imbalances/weakness where needed AND to fulfill Jim’s own recommendations re: achieving body symmetry.

Would love to hear some feedback.

Thanks,
Jason.

Quick note on rest times:

2-3 mins for the main and assist lifts
1-2 mins for the accessory movements.

I highly recommend the Forever book to give you some structure to your plan - especially the assistance work.

Don’t sweat the rest, take as long as you need to produce a set that isn’t sloppy.

If that means your training takes too long that should tell you your conditioning needs to be a focus or you have too much fluff in your program.

Thanks for responding.

Buying 5/3/1 FOREVER is definitely one of my plans for the future.

I’ve followed the SST laid out in the original 5/3/1 book - is there somewhere I’ve gone wrong in using the template?

Point taken concerning rest times and conditioning work.

I think the structure looks fine, its in line with how Jim says its allowed in the SST. IF the training takes awhile to complete a good way to up the conditioning and productivity of your workout is just to do giant sets. Giant sets will help you greatly in strength and conditioning.

I’d love to try turning each days accessory work into one big circuit, though I’d be at the mercy of gym traffic for sharing equipment lol May have to settle for supersets for appropriate movements.

Definitely like the idea.

Thanks!