My Ultimate Diet 2.0 Log

hey everybody

i figure since so much was learned about the anabolic diet from that thread, i thought i would start up a thread about the ultimate diet 2.0 here for all the lurkers and wedknot. if anyone thinks im stealing attention or some other crazy shit from the AD thread, get the fuck over it. im trying to help…in my own cranky manner haha.

ill put up tuesday entry, then tonight ill get up wednesday when i get done with some b-ball

NOTE:i start my 7-day cycle on tuesday for conveniance reasons.

[b]Tuesday, August 2nd 2005
----------------TRAINING---------------------
yeah muthafuckahs
-back squat 12(thats twelve sets) x 60secs x 115
ss w/
-DB bench 12 x `60 x 25’s

-hammy curl 10 x 60 x 45 ss w/ -latpull/seated row 5 sets of each, 60 sets, 90lbs on both

-----------------CARDIO----------------------
-SFLC upon waking 20/40 on/off jump rope for 10 intervals, 60min walking after

-b-ball 50 minutes, 4/10 intensity

-----------------DIET---------------------------
(i woke up at 1pm today, and will prob fall asleep around 2, so adjusted macro’s accordingly)
-100 grams pro
-35 grams fat
-20 grams cho

------------------COMMENTS-------------------
pretty good stuff. good day otherwise. got my new shox today— [/b]

[B] Wednesday August 3rd 2005
-------------TRAINING-------------
-SFLC style b-ball 20 minutes, random intervals…then 30 minutes walking

-------------DIET-------------------
-150 grams pro
-40 grams cho
-45 grams fat
-~1200 cals

--------------COMMENTS------------
pretty good day. legs really fucking sore. my knee isnt holding up as well as i would like…need to go really easy with the style of cardio i choose tomorrow i.e. no b-ball >_> tomorrow diet wise is going to fucking suck…i can just tell [/B]

What are you aiming to do? You look pretty lean in your avatar, so please don’t say you are cutting;) I am interested this diet. Could you give us some details on it?

[quote]Joebob wrote:
What are you aiming to do? You look pretty lean in your avatar, so please don’t say you are cutting;) I am interested this diet. Could you give us some details on it?

[/quote]

unfortunately for professor X, yes i am cutting. but luckily for him, it is not because i think im fat. trust me even as recently as february i was 240 lbs…but at probably 19% BF…now im closer to 9%. the goal is to get a six pack, basically just so that i have experience on dieting at this level of leaniality(made up haha) and so that i know i can…but i am cutting the diet off septemeber 1st…whichever comes first.

and assofar as the details of the diet…IMO it is a cyclical, integrated approach to training/nutrition that is THE best diet for LEAN people to get LEANER. note, it is not the best for people >15% BF, as other approaches will work as/better than it at that level(since leptin and other hormone levels are high at that high of a BF% anyways.)

any more questions shoot.

Is that 12 sets or 12 reps. If thats 12 sets, how many reps in one set?

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:

any more questions shoot.

Is that 12 sets or 12 reps. If thats 12 sets, how many reps in one set?

[/quote]

sorry for confusion

the sway i write my entires it goes
(SETS) X (REPS) X WEIGHT usually, although weight is sometimes first, but then it is obvious

and as far as the depletion training goes, no matter what reps i put, my sets always last at least 50-55 seconds, and usually 60-65. 12 is just easier to put down, and i know what it means.

If I recall correctly, the UD2.0 is the diet for people who are already at a low bodyfat percentage. So in that case, nice choice. (I wonder if it only applies to lean people because they may have developed more emotional maturity than the fatty who can’t put the twinkie down, or if it is because lean people who binge from the severity of the UD2.0 will not risk rising too far above their already lean set point.)

I believe this is a diet and workout routine designed by Lyle McDonald and based on the earlier work of the late Dan Duchaine. You deplete your muscles of all glycogen for a few days, you do a carb load, and then you do a strength training day. In theory you can burn fat and gain muscle, in the very least you burn fat while preserving muscle.

I tried an early version of this, but for me Monday-Thursday were simply too difficult to deal with. They are very low calorie and low carb, plus you’re doing the gym work, plus some cardio, and for me my brain just didn’t work right, I just felt too drained to perform well at work, enjoy life, etc.

I absolutely loved Friday and Saturday though.

[quote]Owen70 wrote:

-----------------DIET---------------------------
(i woke up at 1pm today, and will prob fall asleep around 2, so adjusted macro’s accordingly)
-100 grams pro
-35 grams fat
-20 grams cho

[/quote]

That’s 795 kcals! :-o Good luck to you; don’t think I could even breath on that amount…

[quote]Owen70 wrote:

trust me even as recently as february i was 240 lbs…but at probably 19% BF…now im closer to 9%.

[/quote]

How tall are you? You don’t look like you carry too much mass on your frame. Maybe you are real tall. 240 is pretty heavy bro.

[quote]Joebob wrote:
Owen70 wrote:

trust me even as recently as february i was 240 lbs…but at probably 19% BF…now im closer to 9%.

How tall are you? You don’t look like you carry too much mass on your frame. Maybe you are real tall. 240 is pretty heavy bro.
[/quote]

i’m 6’1, but probably will end up around 6’2-3 because i just turned 17.

[b] Thursday August 4th 2005
------------TRAINING---------------
-40 minute walk…couldnt stomach the thought of anything else 2/10 intensity(No SFLC)

------------DIET---------------------
-200 grams pro
-30 grams fat
-30 grams cho
~1200 calories

-------------COMMENTS-------------
pretty decent day. tomorrow shall kickass though. man i hate this heat+low carbs…i almost feel lightheaded. oh well, i am looking about as good as i have at least vascularity wise. [/b]

[b]Friday August 5th 2005
---------TRAINING-----------
A. back squat(high bar,narrow) 2x6x210, 2x6x200 man i am weak on oly squats

B. DB bench(hammergrip) 3x6x65, 1x12x55

C. gravitron pullup, triple dropset @ 80,100,130(i cannot pimp my lats for shit, any ideas?)

D. front squat 12,10,8 @ 160lbs weakness sheezus

E. bent over rows(1 arm, hammer) 3x8x55lb DB

F.bullshitting with some dude about how badass meeechigan will be this year :wink:

-----------DIET-----------------
refeed
ill post it later, but probably
200grams pro
300 grams cho
50 grams fat

------------COMMENTS---------
pretty kickass day. started on lexapro today…if you have questions about it leave it to PM’s please. psychotropin+amp+carbs+good workout=euphoria :slight_smile: [/b]

Just wanted to throw out some support for Owen70. Smart guy. Best of luck to you, bro!

I’ll be keeping an eye on your accomplishments. That means you better “show”. ;-). Pressure is good for any man, especially young zealous ones.

Best,
DH

[b]Saturday August 6th 2005
----------TRAINING------------
50 minute walk

----------DIET------------------
refeed, guesses here
800 grams cho
250 grams pro
35 grams fat

----------COMMENTS-----------
good day. kept it real. [/b]

[b]Sunday August 7th 2005
---------TRAINING--------------
-full squat up to 280x1…real happy with that number, much higher than i expected

-full squat 4x2x250 good speed for 90%

-DB bench 3x5x70’s good

-pull-ups, wide 3x3xBW

-RC shit, cable 3x12x25lbs

-machine rows 3x3x200

-----------DIET-------------------
guesstimations…
-200 grams cho
-250 grams pro
-40 grams fat
good

------------COMMENTS-----------
pretty good day. tookit easy on the weights, as im only used to one heavy workout a week…not sure if i want to go back to 1/week or keep it like this. my recovery abilties i guess though will be pretty maximized…i mean the past 2 nights ive gotten 11 hours of sleep :lol: all my joints are feeling pretty good too, which is surprising. [/b]

Owen,

could you give a brief introduction of the premise behind the UD2.0? I don’t think a lot of people really know the idea or theory behind it, so it’d be a good learning lesson if you could shout it out. Thanks

I’ll give me 2 cents.

Basically, UD 2.0 is Lyle Mcdonald’s diet that allows one to get extremely lean while maintaining virtually all your muscle or maybe even gaining a bit.

To accomplish this, he has “depletion” workouts to deplete muscles of glycogen (accomplished through high reps and full body generally), a tension workout and a power workout. Cardio is optional but sometimes necessary (for women usually)

Different days have different macronutrient profiles. The depletion days generally are low carb. After the tension workout, there is a “carb-up” and the power day it can be either. (He leaves a few days for you to decided depending on your goals). He gives specific caloric guidelines (what not to go below) and also for the “carb-up”, how much and how often one should eat carbs.

All-in-all, it’s a totally integrated diet/workout plan and quite good for getting you to be extremely lean.

If you want to know more, I suggest you buy his book.

Best

[b]Monday August 8th 2005
------------TRAINING---------------
depetion, thank God for AMP
-back squat 12x 60’seconds x 95
ss w/
-db bench 12 x `60 x 25’s

-latpulldown 9x 60 x 90 ss w/ -hammy curl 9x 60 x 45
good Lord

------------CARDIO-----------------
-walking, 25 minutes, 3/10 intensity(PWO)

------------DIET--------------------
130 grams pro(yeah i know…low as hell)
40 grams cho
45 grams fat
~1000 cals…sheesh im badass

-----------COMMENTS--------------
pretty good day. gotta work alot this week…but i actually enjoy my one job(at the Y, where most of the time will be spent at) and the other one i work with my hella nice aunt so…yeah my life is easy …well except 12 sets of squats [/b]

[COLOR= red]Tuesday August 9th 2005
-----------TRAINING------------------
-SFLC cardio, 8x15x65lbs front squat w/ 20sec R.I.'s then 40 minutes walking 3/10intensity

-----------DIET------------------------
135 grams protein
45 grams fat
35 grams cho
1100 cals
im going insane :blink:

-----------COMMENTS-----------------
pretty decent day for 1100 calories :lol: its hot as a muthafuckah though. [/COLOR]