My TRT Journey Starts Now

Sounds like Defy is putting you on the road to good my man. Good to hear!

Thanks! Last concern I have - he told me to make sure that my last cloud dose is 5 or more days before starting my first injection. However, I know the half life of Clomid is very long. Anyone have concerns about this and think I should be waiting a longer time before starting or am I overthinking here?

What is you your Test Cyp dose going to be? You mentioned .4mL, but is that 200mg per mL Test? 100mg per mL Test?? Is it .4ml split into twice a week (.2 per injection) or .4 for each injection?

I don’t know too much about Clomid, but I would trust what the PA told you. Any time you change prtotocols, you’re going to have a little bit of a roller coaster ride. It’s going to take a while to stabilize.

If I’m not mistaken, clomid stimulates FSH, which makes you produce more test naturally. If that’s the case, then the Test Cyp is going to shut down that natural production anyway in a few weeks, so I wouldn’t worry about it, and just follow the laid out recommendations from the PA. I’d think that worst case scenario would be a little longer honeymoon phase.

Did you get Melissa? She’s my favorite. I like the changes. Don’t you just love a clinic that doesn’t say no all the time as long as the request is reasonable?

1 Like

It’s 200mg/ml and I’ll be taking two weekly doses of .4ml (every 3.5 days) to reach 160mg/week.

Regarding Clomid, that’s exactly my concern - that’s I’m going to go supraphysiological for a few weeks. Concerns about sides there (since I won’t be taking another AI dose) and/or spoiling myself and setting myself up for disappointment later. Either way, I’m sure I’m over thinking and this is probably similar to guys who are also taking HCG with their Test.

Mike. But he was super and agreed - very open once they got that I had some idea of what I’m talking about and have a desire to play it safe upfront.

I really get this, but I think it somewhat of a double edged sword. Of course they’ll give you what you want, and within reason too, they do not wish to be sued so they’ll draw a line somewhere. They’re like everyone else, in business to make money. That’s OK. I think someone all over the internet and beyond educating themselves on TRT is not the typical patient. That’s you, so it is good for you. The average patient (like e306 was, not now) will get test, hCG, DHEA and anastrozole.

It’s like a 350lb guy going into a McDonalds, they’re going to sell him the three Big Macs.

OK, maybe not a good analogy, but to my point.

1 Like

Why would you take DHEA when taking T? What’s the reason behind that?

True, but we don’t excrete test cyp the same way we do our bodies natural production. Esters slow things down, meaning e2 may not lower as much as one would like. The half lives build, as well as e2.

In my experience, not just the large peaks increase e2, but the total amount of test floating around do as well. The bodies production of test is short lived. Not the same with esters.

1 Like

The total amount of Test does matter, but larger doses less frequent increase estrogen even more than having very steady levels at the same Test level. This has been shown to be the case time and time again by countless men.

1 Like

So no AI, no hcg, nothing but test cyp 160mg a week split 2x? That is my exact protocol. I’ve been on it for 3 weeks today. Your SHBG level is nearly identical to what mine was TRT also. Although my E2 was much lower than yours.

Sleeping REALLY good for the last week now, libido is definitely increased. I cannot wait to see some of the body comp benefits.

2 Likes

Respectfully, I disagree with the reason you believe “pellets” are being suggested by doctors. First, I am a pellet user; and Second, pellet users rarely have issues and do not post on these boards. It is not always about the money - which is a regular comment on this board.

1 Like

Right, not always, I’ll give you that. Unfortunately, I have talked face to face with too many pellet doctors and heard directly from them what I stated. I’ll have to stand by it, people can believe what they wish. I seriously doubt doctors would disclose all financial details when suggesting them to patients and would spin treatment recommendations in the direction they would like to go.

I do not know enough people on pellets to comment on effectiveness, though I do know a few who switched to injections. Glad to hear you are doing well with them. I do not think there is a one size fits all approach and see where they have a place.

I found many folks and some docs who started on pellets and they switched to injections. The dose is not consistent on a pellet. Unless you go back early or start with a much larger dose and end up on a optimal dose. I can see it work that way. Maybe that is why it works for some. Who knows. For others T levels fluctuate and it doesn’t bother them. One size does not fit all.
I do believe docs offer meds based on profit and only if they believe in it. Some offer it purely out if greed . Especially if the doc sells it direct like clinics do T.

My good friend is a doc and we’re opening up a business. He told me he has no problem up selling. Most people say yes without thinking twice when a doctor tells them they need something for their health.

It’s working fast for you. That’s awesome.

Pellet therapy is the most profitable way to do TRT, it’s not open to interpretation, it’s a fact and the doctors who are prescribing T pellet therapy are doing it for that reason. Injectable testosterone is the most effective and best way to control individual levels (T & E & DHT, pellet therapy doesn’t and never will offer than kind of control.

Pellets are great if you’re on safari or are going to spend time on a desert island somewhere in the Pacific.

1 Like

Yupp

I was curious to see how long it would take before you starting beating the “injectable” drum rather than those “money grubbing pellet doctors”.
:slight_smile:

If injectable was so perfect, there would not be thousands of posts from guys trying to balance their T and E to everything else.

I agree pellet insertions are profitable and never said differently … especially since so many injectable users don’t have scripts and buy from questionable sources. But not everyone makes their medical decisions solely on the basis of “how much will this cost”.

I have nothing against injectables per se. It is not for me, and is not treatment I chose. I support the masses who have chosen this route and I’m pleased if you are part of the very successful group. But, I would like to give an alternate opinion to those who have made statements based on hearsay and not on experience. I hope to broaden the discussion and present an alternate viewpoint. Nothing more. That is hard however, when there are zealots who have no interest in learning anything new and wish to keep rehashing the same tired arguments.

It is always good to “agree to disagree”.

Have you had labs drawn at a time between insertions? The reason I ask is because some had obtained lab work when overdue for another insertion and levels were very high. One would have thought they would be low when as much as six weeks overdue.

I’m wondering about the time release part of it. Do levels run fairly steady?