T Nation

My Transformation...

11/18/08 - What’s up guys… I’m going to use this as a log for all my training and progress… It will include pics (when I can get them done…)

Current info/stats:

Name: Vibe Alive (lol)
Height: 5’11
Current Weight: 167
BF%: Not certain… but I’m pretty lean… pics to follow

Training History:

I started lifting when I was 18… I weighed 123lbs @ 5’11 (no shit… it was pretty scary… here’s a pic of me (the dude smoking up top… lol)

I think my ‘biceps’ at the time was the same size as my forearm… no shit…

Anyway… I worked my way up to 145… then stalled… did the ‘eat everything that isn’t nailed down’ diet… and got up to 155 years later… I’ve been as heavy as 183, and am currently 167… I injured my shoulder back in the day… and hadn’t trained in a while…

I’m going to be following this diet: (Got this from Thibs)

Training Days:

Meal 1:

2 Large Whole Egg(s)
2 Large Egg White(s)
1 tsp, Udo’s Choice
1 Orange(s) (1 large)
1 cup, Berries
2 scoop(s), Precision Series Iso-Pro
0.5 cup, Quaker Oats

Meal 2:

1 bar(s) Nutrabolics ISOBAR
1 Orange(s) (1 large)

Meal 3 (Pre-Workout):

0.5 cup, Brown Rice (cooked)
8 oz, Chicken Breast (no skin)
0.5 cup, Broccoli (raw)
1/2 serving of Creatine

Meal 4 (Post-Workout)

2 scoops, Gatorade
1 scoop(s), Precision Series Iso-Pro
1/2 serving of Creatine

Meal 5:

250 gram, Broiled Salmon
1 cup, Broccoli (raw)

Meal 6:

0.5 cup, Quaker Oats
1 tsp, Udo’s Choice
1 cup, Broccoli (raw)
2 stalk(s), Celery (raw)

Totals:

Calories: 2940.00
Protein: 375.00
Carbs: 225.00
Fats: 60.00

The non training days is similar… without the post workout shake… and a few changes…

Meal 1:
5 Large Egg White(s)
1 Orange(s) (1 large)
0.5 cup, Berries
2 scoop(s), Precision Series Iso-Pro
0.5 cup, Quaker Oats

Meal 2:

1 Orange(s) (1 large)

Meal 3:

0.5 cup, Brown Rice (cooked)
8 oz, Chicken Breast (no skin)
1 cup, Broccoli (raw)

Meal 4:

1 Green Apple(s) (with skin)

Meal 5:

300 gram, Sirloin Steak
1 cup, Broccoli (raw)

Meal 6:

0.5 cup, Quaker Oats
0.5 cup, Broccoli (raw)
2 stalk(s), Celery (raw)

Totals:

Calories: 2940.00
Protein: 375.00
Carbs: 225.00
Fats: 60.00

I’ve never really eatin’ bars before… but holy HELL they’re convenient… I might switch that up for some oats and Cottage Cheese though…

Anyway… I’m going to use the WS4SB protocol…

Here’s my first workout… (about an hour ago…)

Max Effort Upper Body

A. MAX-EFFORT LIFT - Work up to a max set of 3-5 reps.
Thick bar or regular barbell bench press

Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Set 6 Set 7 Set 8
115 x 5 135 x 5 145 x 5 155 x 4 175 x 3

B. SUPPLEMENTAL LIFT - Perform 2 sets of MAX reps. (Choose a weight
that you can do 15-20 - Rest 3 - 4 minutes in between sets)
Incline dumbbell bench press

35 x 14 35 x 15

C. HORIZONTAL PULLING/REAR DEALT - Perform 4 sets of 8-12 reps. (Super Set)
Seated cable rows (various bars)
45 Degree Rear Delt Flyes

100 x 14 105 x 14 115 x 10 115 x 12
10 x 10 10 x 12 10 x 12 10 x 8

D. TRAPS ? Perform 3-4 sets of 8-15 reps
DB Shrugs

60 x 12 60 x 16 65 x 15 65 x 16

E. ELBOW FLEXOR EXERCISE - Perform 3-4 sets of 8-15 reps
Barbell curls

60 x 10 60 x 10 60 x 7 60 x 6

If anyone has any suggestions… comments… tell me I’m a weak skinny bastard… whatever… lemme know…

Thanks!

VibeAlive

11/18/08 - Here’s a recentish pic… I know… everything needs work… no traps… chest sucks… looks like I’m taking a shit etc… etc… but hey… that’s why we’re here right?? :slight_smile:

This is it… :slight_smile: It’s go time… lots of heavy squats, Presses, and DLs etc… Can’t wait! :smiley:

11/18/08 - Here… I just found an OLD ASS pic from the 123lb days… lol :smiley: Geezus Christ…

11/19/08 - Today is my day off… (Wednesday… ) so nothing today… I’m absolutely EXHAUSTED… worked long hours… can’t wait to get to bed…

Food:

Breakfast 1 - Shake:

4 egg whites
2 scoops of protein
1/2 cup of oats
1/2 berries
water
1 tbsp flax

Breakfast 2:

Protein bar
Apple
Water

Lunch:

6oz pork
1/2 cup rice
1 cup of mixed veggies

Snack:

Protein bar

Dinner:

8oz Steak
1/2 cup of rice
Water
couple of digestive cookies and tea

I’ll prolly have some tuna before bed… with some more veggies…

Not the best eating today… I gotta get some groceries tomorrow… AND protein etc… I think I might get a small one to tied me over 'til payday… then I’m gunna grab some shit off this site…

Oh yea… if anyone is reading this… I’ve been taking R-ALA after I train, and in the mornings with my vits… I dunno if they’ll do much seeing as I’m not timing carbs, or cutting… but they’re cheap, and help rid the body of free radicals… so why not…

More tomorrow…

11/20/08 - Holy SHIT its cold out!! The weather eye for Ottawa Ontario Canada reads -6… not so good…

So I got up this morning… only have about 1/2 scoop of protein powder left… Gotta go shopping after work… I made my shake like this:

1/2 scoop protein
8 egg whites (1 cup)
1/2 cup of oats
1 cup of berries
A splash (Tbsp) of Flax
1 Tbsp of sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp of flax seeds
Water…and a bit of milk…

Down the hatch…

Left for work… missed the bus… again… (go figure)…

I might start running to work on my off days… it’s about a 20 minute run… but it’s the winter, and I’m a puss… so I’ll likely hit the treadmill at the gym instead…

Tonight is DE Lowerbody:

Dynamic Effort Lower Body

A. JUMP TRAINING - Choose one of the following exercises and perform 5-8 sets of 1-3 jumps.

B. UNILATERAL MOVEMENT - Perform 3 sets of 8-10 reps.
BB Step-ups (box height slightly above knee)

C. HAMSTRING / POSTERIOR CHAIN MOVEMENT - Perform 3 sets of 8-12 reps.
Reverse Hyper Extensions

D. WEIGHTED ABS - Perform 4 sets of 10-15 reps.
Hanging Leg Raises

Should be good… can’t wait to get at it… I’m going to go a little heavier today… really try and push things… So far so good… I’m sore as hell though… I really need to get a foam roller…

Time to eat my second meal…

• Protein Bar
  • Apple

I’ll post up numbers thoughts, comments etc… for the lifts tonight…

11/20/08 - Ok well… My third and pre-workout meal was:

• 1 BIG ASS Beef samosa… MAN that was good… They’re HUGE @ the caf… like the size of two…

• 8oz of Chicken Breast

• 1 Bowl of Mixed Veg

• 1 Banana

• Some water

Then I did my workout:

Dynamic Effort Lower Body

A. JUMP TRAINING - Choose one of the following exercises and perform 5-8 sets of 1-3 jumps.
Vertical Jumps

3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3

*** I’m not sure if I’m doing these well enough… they aren’t on a box… but are pretty high… arms swinging, and landing totally squatted… I like these…

B. UNILATERAL MOVEMENT - Perform 3 sets of 8-10 reps.
BB Step-ups (box height slightly above knee)

95 x 10 105 x 10 115 x 10

*** Gunna have to Give’r next week I was sweatin’ like shit… and did them with a leg lift… but I think I could go harder… I’ll try it next week… The gym was busy tonight… pissed me off…

C. HAMSTRING / POSTERIOR CHAIN MOVEMENT - Perform 3 sets of 8-12 reps.
Reverse Hyper Extensions

BW x 18 5 x 12 5 x 12

*** I wanted to see if I could do enough unweighted… I could… so I used a 5lbs DB… these are great… I wish we had a proper Glute/Ham bench though…

D. WEIGHTED ABS - Perform 4 sets of 10-15 reps.
Hanging Leg Raises

12 12 8 8

*** These worked out well… I was cooked after those… man… I shot the shit with my buddy after for 5 minutes… then got ready to go…

That’s it… seemed short… I should have gone harder… I’ll remember for next week… but MAN I was drippin’ after…

Post workout:

1 RTD 52g Protein drink… 1 BIG Powerade (Like Gatorade, but has 61g of carbs)

THEN I FINALLY went shopping… I picked up:

• 10 chicken breasts
  • 3lbs of Medium Ground
  • 2 BIG tubs of 2% CC
  • a BIG ASS bag of Brown rice…

I already have a LOT of oats at home… (I feel like a horse… lol) One thing I didn’t get was more Gatorade powder to mix with my protein post workout… gunna have to go back…

I also FINALLY got some more protein… I like the unflavoured kind… I mix it with berries etc… Shit… that reminds me… I also didn’t get berries… :S

• 6 cans of Tuna
  • BIG ass thing of Salsa
  • This CRAZY ASS Jerk seasoning for the chicken… it’s marinading while I type… :smiley:
  • BIG bag of almonds
  • A crate of Clementines… I love those little bastards… and they’re SO easy to peel!
  • LITTLE bag of chips…

Ummm that’s it…

I got home… and ate:

• 8oz Ground Beef (in a meat loaf)
  • Big blob of Mashed…
  • pile of veg…
  • a little gravy…
    (My mum made it and came by… LOVE that woman :slight_smile: )

So I gotta eat before bed… I’ll prolly hammer down some CC and almonds…

REALLY glad I got my food… I can prep and eat up tomorrow… should be good…

11/21/08 - Well good morning-

Today I woke up late… again- god DAMN I need a new alarm clock…

Anyway… I made my shake…

30g Protein powder
4 egg whites
1 tbsp of Flax
1 tbsp Flax seeds
1 tbsp of Sunflower seeds
1 Banana
1/2 oats

Down the hatch… with a couple of Clementines too book… good stuff…

got to work… I’ve been drinking a LOT more water lately… been pissing like mad…

It’s now 9:12… I’m going to eat my snack @ 10:00

• 1 IsoBar (25/37/8)
  • 2 Clementine Oranges

After that… Lunch will be:

• 1 can of Tuna with a little mayo
  • 1 cup of noodles with cheese sauce
  • 1/2 cup of peas

Then it’s off to pick up my daughter… bring her to mums… so I can go to the gym…

Tonight is Repetition Upper Body:

A. REPETITION LIFT - Perform 3 sets of Max reps
Bar Pushups (Feet Raised)

B. LAT/UPPER BACK SUPERSET - Perform 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps.
Chin-ups or Pull-ups
Face Pulls

C. MEDIAL DELTS - Perform 4 sets of 8 - 12 reps.
Dumbbell shoulder press (seated or standing)

D. TRAPS/ARMS SUPERSET - Perform 3 supersets of 8-10 reps of each exercise.

E. GRIP FOREARM - Perform 3 sets of timed sets.

Can’t wait… I’ll post up my numbers when I get back…

*note - I gotta get a new Camera… so I can start taking more pics to add in here…

pretty sure i know you…you from the hamilton area?

11/21/08 - YES!

No… I’m from Ottawa… So kinda close to there… sorta…

Thanks for reading (by the way… ) I’m hoping to just increase my strength more then anything now… Fuck the whole beach muscles deal…

I will follow your log once in a while…Ripped man…but of course and i think you know…Traps and chest!!

WS4SB is great …here my suggestion…take the deadlift for your max effort on lower body day…Deadlift is a good back and traps builder.

If you dont play sport…skip the dynamic and add a vanity day.(do traps,flyes,calves,arms)

Have fun!

11/21/08 - Thanks bro… and ya… no shit eh? I think it’s the way I was ‘posing’ lol :wink:

Naw… I hear ya though… my chest is HORRENDOUS… well everything is really… but ya… I might do that… I’ll ride this one out for another week, then switch it up…

Thanks guys…

11/21/08 - [quote]crankMAN wrote:
I will follow your log once in a while…Ripped man…but of course and i think you know…Traps and chest!!

WS4SB is great …here my suggestion…take the deadlift for your max effort on lower body day…Deadlift is a good back and traps builder.

If you dont play sport…skip the dynamic and add a vanity day.(do traps,flyes,calves,arms)

Have fun![/quote]

Hang on though…

So focus on:

ME Lower: DL
ME Upper: Bench
RE Upper: Whatever

Then a vanity day… what about squats?? I was gunna do box squats for ME Lower… Hmmmm… I could do DLs I suppose then switch it up for Box Squats again next time… interesting… I’ve always thought of DLs as an upperbody exercise… but I guess it works everything from the calves… right to the traps… posterior chain etc… Hmmm… This is exciting… :slight_smile:

11/21/08 - BTW… my BF reads @ 19% on my shitty salter scale… that doesn’t seem right…

Salter scale?

You mean you stepped on or pushed down on a kitchen food scale and it read your body fat?

:slight_smile:

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Salter scale?

You mean you stepped on or pushed down on a kitchen food scale and it read your body fat?

:)[/quote]

Ponce, be nice. He’s Canadian.

For what it’s worth, I’ve never had any luck with body fat scales. They read upwards of 10% higher on me than calipers do, and vary widely depending on the day for me…so I naturally take the caliper measurements!

I go fishing near Ogdensburg once or twice a year. I love it up there.

Alternate Squat and deads every 2 or 3 weeks.

11/21/08 - [quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Salter scale?

:)[/quote]

Nice… pic on the god damned Canadian… lol :wink: It’s this one… :stuck_out_tongue: http://www.homeoutfitters.com/stores/shop/product/en/homeoutfitters/10001/143584/65738148/65738148

It’s cold as HELL up here man! Geezus… I froze my nuts off on the way home from the gym!! :smiley:

-9C… so that’s like 16F lol

Anyway…

The rest of my food:

After the noodles and tuna thing… I had:

• a Big bacon classic… with a diet coke… (Ya ya… I know…)

got home… and had

• 2 chicken breasts with more noodles, sauce, and peas

Went to the gym…

Today was RE Upper:

A. Bar Pushups

3 sets - 25 x 12 25 x 12 25 x 12

*** Was ok… felt really strong actually… I SWEAR it’s all this damn food I’m eating… :smiley:

B. Lat/Upper back SS

Chins - 8, 7, 4, 4
Face Pulls - 70 x 12 70 x 12 70 x 12 70 x 12

*** Chins - Didn’t rest enough on the last two…
*** Face Pulls - I REALLY like these… the Reverse Pec Dec doesn’t work well with my long ass arms, and I feel these better then bent over flyes, and 45 degree flyes

C. Medial Delts

DB Shoulder Press - 30 x 17 35 x 13 35 x 8 35 x 7

*** Good times here… I under estimated my strength there…

D. Traps/Arms Super Set

DB Shrugs - 75 x 16 80 x 11 80 x 11
BB Curls 60 x 10 60 x 8 60 x 8

*** Shrugs - Again… under estimated my strength for the first one
*** Curls - These are harder when done with Shrugs in a SS

*** My forearms seem to get a pump VERY easily… when I just HOLD things… my grip is great… heavy deads, and shrugs seem to make them grow…

E. Forearms

Plate Pinches with 10s

Max time x 3 sets

*** THESE are tough… REALLY CRAZY for the thumbs…

Ok… so that’s that… on a side note… I was speaking with my buddy Geoff… he has a 675lb Deadlift @ 247lbs… pretty strong guy… Anyway… I mentioned to him that I’m done with the whole ‘what if I lose my abs’ mentality… and am ready to get some real strength going… to which he replied…

‘Holy fuck bud… Finally!!’ lol

Also… I mentioned yer 315lbs Deadlift “blunder” pushmepullme… he sympathizes… and had a similar thing happen when he tried walking 545 back onto the pegs in the rack… lol sucks…

Pulled a MAJOR boner, and purchased unflavored protein AND unflavoured Maltodextrin YUM!! lol… so after training I had my

• Bland flavoured Goo water… 30g Protein, 60g Carbs, and 300mg R-ALA… with 5g Creatine, and 5g of Glutamine

I’m home now… ExHAUSted as hell… and figure I’ll eat one more time before bed… if I can choke something down… but quite honestly… I gotta sleep…

Gettin’ up EARLY to take my daughter to the Santa Clause Parade!!! :smiley:

(I think I’m more excited then she is… :wink: )

Thanks for reading/commenting etc… guys… I appreciate it… it just keeps me going… I have a long way to go… but I’ll get there… :slight_smile:

11/21/08 - Oh yea… RE: Alternate Squats/Deads…

Thanks… that’s what I figured I’d do… 3 on 3 off… so far is Box Squats… so I’ll switch it up in 2 weeks…

Oh yea… we Canadians say ‘eh’ more then I thought… (Little random thought for the night there… I’m in a ‘Friday’ mood…)

Time for bed Vibe… :wink:

11/21/08 - [quote]For what it’s worth, I’ve never had any luck with body fat scales. They read upwards of 10% higher on me than calipers do, and vary widely depending on the day for me…so I naturally take the caliper measurements![/quote]

You know what! (other then the fact that I gotta learn to stop rambling… and get everything written into one post… I’m doing it again… :wink: ) the scale reads 19% and the last pinch test I got read 9… Hmmmm… maybe you’re on to something there… :slight_smile:

11/22/08 - Well… today is the Santa clause parade… Can’t wait… I just made my shake:

• 30g protein
  • 1 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
  • 1 Tbsp Flax Seeds
  • 1 Tbsp Flax Oil
  • 1/2 cup of Berries
  • 1/2 cup of Oats

Awww CRAP I forgot the egg whites! lol… ahh well… I have something on the way to the parade… :slight_smile:

I just shaved my head… looks pretty good actually! Very Woody Harrelson a la Natural Born Killers… :slight_smile:

Ummmm… ok… so I gotta get going… I was just ‘told’ by my daughter… Lots of Candy and stuff to get… :wink:

Gunna get some pics up soon… :slight_smile: I guess this has turned more into a blog then a transformation forum… Oh well… :wink: