My Transformation: The Never-Ending Cut

Excellent work brother. I’ve always said that until you make yourself go through a serious cut/recomp, you don’t fully see how all the different pieces of the puzzle fit together. Seeing your reflection and it being so different than how you had grown accustomed to it looking,… there’s no other word to describe it than awesome. After my first serious cut, I’d try on clothing in stores and just spend way too much time in the fitting rooms using the triple mirrors -lol.

S

Bravo, so great work!

nice job!

Very impressive! I really appreciate this. It’s nice to see this kind of transformation from someone focused on strength as well - kind of takes away all my fatboy excuses. Plus you look even more huger - nice bonus.

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:
I actually had done cuts of 6-8 weeks before, so I had an idea of my macros already. I just subtracted 300 cals or so from carbs and fat and went from there. But there were multiple adjustments in there, so I didn’t start with the cals that low.

If you want to start a cut using this method, I’d recommend at least 2 weeks of tracking food intake with normal intake to find a baseline.
[/quote]

This is what I was most curious about, because that would have been a very long time to stay at a baseline caloric intake in the low 2000 k/cal range. The addition of the re-feed day is interesting too, but it’s proof that, long-term, sustaining some form of a deficit over weeks or months is more important than going under or over once a week and freaking out about it.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
I have some important questions for you:

1. Who is your favorite lifting buddy from this site?

2. How often do you have to ask for an extra serving of chicken when eating out at restaurants?

3. How do you feel about me basically stealing all your training ideas when I make my splits?

But serious guys, these pics don’t do him justice. HT here looks 220 IRL and is lean enough to be be on #TeamDickSkin at this point. [/quote]

1. there is only one Spidey in my heart, YOU KNOW DIS
  2. 112% of the time that the biggest sirloin option is 11 effing ounces
  3. I just call that good taste

Thanks mon frer :slight_smile:

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:
Impressive HT.

I learned a few tips reading your advice, thanks!

I’m on more flexible dieting approach now since January 1. Mentally and physically I feel a lot better. I was using some form of elimination type dieting for the past 14 years and since taking the flexible dieting approach (or IIFYM or whatever) psychologically I am much happier. Even though it’s only been about 6 weeks I’ve been cooking more (a lot more), preparing myself for eating out with family and friends, getting back to lifting after almost 2 years focusing on martial arts, varying my foods (and like you not varying them too much, i’m working towards discovering the foods that work for me performance, satiety, preparation and taste wise). I have not been good with cardio, I will need to step that up. I am getting advice from a physique preparation coach. It looks like you developed this plan with your experience and knowledge making this even more impressive. Cheers.

[/quote]
Thanks, man.

There’s no other way to eat on a day to day basis, IMO. I often get home late from work and have a lot of calories left, so I can make some pretty crazy stuff for dinner. And a big dinner is very satisfying to me.

Thanks yogi and teddypace!

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Excellent work brother. I’ve always said that until you make yourself go through a serious cut/recomp, you don’t fully see how all the different pieces of the puzzle fit together. Seeing your reflection and it being so different than how you had grown accustomed to it looking,… there’s no other word to describe it than awesome. After my first serious cut, I’d try on clothing in stores and just spend way too much time in the fitting rooms using the triple mirrors -lol.

S[/quote]
I Know you’ve been saying it for years, Stu, but it’s worth reiterating that how you look and feel is the best way to assess physique progress. The culture of “bodyweight or bust” is silly for most of us, since most of us don’t have the frames to support huge bodyweights.

And totally agree on cutting. I learned so much valuable information about myself during this process that I would recommend it to anyone. Take the year to figure out your body and dial everything in, as it were.

[quote]TrainForPain wrote:
Very impressive! I really appreciate this. It’s nice to see this kind of transformation from someone focused on strength as well - kind of takes away all my fatboy excuses. Plus you look even more huger - nice bonus.[/quote]
Thanks!

I thought I could be a heavyweight for a long time, but even at 220 (my heaviest ever) I felt like a piece of hot garbage. Self-awareness is key, I think.

[quote]JR249 wrote:

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:
I actually had done cuts of 6-8 weeks before, so I had an idea of my macros already. I just subtracted 300 cals or so from carbs and fat and went from there. But there were multiple adjustments in there, so I didn’t start with the cals that low.

If you want to start a cut using this method, I’d recommend at least 2 weeks of tracking food intake with normal intake to find a baseline.
[/quote]

This is what I was most curious about, because that would have been a very long time to stay at a baseline caloric intake in the low 2000 k/cal range. The addition of the re-feed day is interesting too, but it’s proof that, long-term, sustaining some form of a deficit over weeks or months is more important than going under or over once a week and freaking out about it.
[/quote]
That’s my main issue with a hard line iifym approach. Who the hell wants to live in a world where you can’t eat an entire pizza for the fun of it? I think layne Norton way overblows the “disordered eating” angle…I just don’t think most people who have cheat meals are wired to be addicts.

That’s it im bulking from 270s to 300 now. Please don’t fat shame me

[quote]cparker wrote:
That’s it im bulking from 270s to 300 now. Please don’t fat shame me[/quote]
How’s proof, brah?