Okay, I’m fairly new to lifting, so I thought I’d post my current workout program here for comments.
I’m 6’0 and 155 lbs. I’m looking to gain mass and strength.
Anyway, I’ve been tweaking my training program over the last 4 weeks, and this is what I’ve come up with:
4 days a week, 2 lower + arms, 2 upper
- Deadlift or goodmorning (I’m new to both these exercises, so I’m not going heavy yet)
- Box squat (or front squat)
- Barbell curl / skull crusher superset
- Military press (dumbbells)
- Incline bench (dumbbells)
- Flat bench (dumbbells)
- Dumbbell rows
- Dumbbell pullovers
- chin / dip superset
- Sumo DL
- BB curl / skull crusher superset
- Tricep extensions (elbows out)
- Lateral raises
- Lats (machine rows or pullups)
I try to vary the set/reps ranges. 4x6, 3x8, 2x12 are common. Also I do this thing where I work up to a max triple, and then drop 10% of the weight and max out, then drop another 5% and max out again.
On off days I’ll be doing abs and maybe some light bodyweight exercises for recovery (nothing more than 30% of my max reps).
I’m thinking about doing some sprints on my off days.
Oh yeah, and I’ll be sure to eat lots.