T Nation

My Training Program

Ok so i wouldn't consider myself a beginner but i've been thinking alot lately about how effective my training program is, i'm noticing gains in size and strength from when i first started but i'd like to hear what you guys think?
ok heres the program

Monday Chest
Bench Press 4 sets 8-12 reps
Incline Bench Press 4 sets 8-12 reps
Decline Bench Press 4 sets 8-12 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes 4 sets 10 reps
Cable Crossovers 3 sets 10 reps

Tuesday Back
Deadlift 5 sets 3-6 reps
Lat Pulldown 4 sets 8-12 reps
Isometric Row 4 sets 8-12 reps
Vertical Pulldown 4 sets 10 reps
T-Bar Row 4 sets 10 reps

Wednesday Legs
Squats 5 sets 8-12 reps
Calf Raises 4 sets 8-12 reps
Leg Press 4 sets 8-12 reps
Lunges 4 sets 8-12 reps
Lying Down Leg Curls 4 sets 8-12 reps

Thursday Shoulders
Shoulder Press 4 sets 8-12 reps
Lateral Raises 4 sets 8-12 reps
Front Raises 4 sets 8-12 reps
Upright Row 4 sets 8-12 reps
Military Press on Smith Machine 4 sets 10 reps
Shrugs 4 sets 10 reps

Friday Arms
Tricep Pulldown 4 sets 8-12 reps
Bicep Cable Curls 4 sets 8-12 reps
Tricep Overhead Extensions 4 sets 8-12 reps
Bicep Concentration Curls 4 sets 8-12 reps
Closegrip Bench Press 4 sets 8-12 reps
Incline Hammer Curls 4 sets 8-12 reps
Tricep Dips 4 sets 8-12 reps
Alternate Bicep Curls 4 sets 8-12 reps

Abs are trained everyday
Lower raises 3 sets 15 reps
Ab crunches 3 sets 20 reps

Obliques are trained every two days
Side Bends 3 sets 15 reps
Oblique Crunches 3 sets 20 reps

Let me know what you guys think, whether i'm doing too much or not enough etc.

This looks like too much to me.

Read how the big guys trained in "the best of T-Nation" bodybuilding sticky, then read the thread "Bodybuilding Bible" to see how a bodybuilder trains.

Take your legs day for example.

Why are you doing Squats, leg presses, and lunges?

I say you should take out leg presses out of the equation, and possibly do lunges as a light warmup for squats or do them after to tire out the muscle. That might border on too much though.

If you're doing parallel or below parallel squats, then why are you doing lunges as well? You should be hitting your hammies with the deadlift if that's why you're adding lunges to the mix.

Actually, as long as all those sets aren't with the same weight (pyramided up to only 1 work set), then his leg day looks fine.

I'm not sure why you think squats and deadlifts are the only thing a person should be doing to develop their thighs? Because that is sort of retarded.

I didn't say that.

I didn't think that the OP was doing only one work set though, that's why I was saying that.

I thought that doing leg presses and squats at the volume that the OP suggests is a little bit redundant. He suggests doing 4-5 sets of 8-12 and didn't specify that those sets include a work up and one working set.

That seems a little excessive. That's just my opinion though. If the OP was doing 3 sets of 8 or something, then I would have said differently.

Right so my leg day could use some alteration, and yeah the leg press isn't heavy i just do it to burn the muscle and the same goes for the lunges but i'll try and change that around based on what you guys have said,
what about the other days do they seem to be ok?

Did you even read my first post?

Yeah sorry it must have slipped my mind after reading the other replies, i had a read of the best of T-Nation, gunna have a look at that bodybuilding bible now thanks.

I would take all this candy and mix it in with the other workouts. Take an extra day off to rest and eat.