My Training Plan

Hey guys I’m 18 and weigh about 160 pounds.

I started doing this workout before the holidays and have had some gains on my chest, arms and legs.

Plan

Monday Back:

-Deadlift
-Chinups
-Rows

Wednesday legs/abs:

-Squats
-Sit ups
-Crunches
-Calf Raises

Friday Shoulders/Pecs:

-MP
-Bench Press
-Dips
-Curls

Cardio/stretching: Stretch then warm up on machine or just come by bike.
At the end use machine for 20-30 minutes

On off days you can take low impact classes or just relax

I do three sets of each and up the reps until about 12 at which point I increase the weight until I’m back down to about 8 reps.

Any thoughts?

Flip wednesday and fridays workouts and you’re good to go.

[quote]BackInAction wrote:
Flip wednesday and fridays workouts and you’re good to go.[/quote]

I agree other than that swap SOLID no frills and effective

Phill

Thanks for the reply guys. If I swap wednesday with friday I guess I’m prioritising my upper body right?

Is that the only reason to do the swap or am I missing something?

Oh and another thing that’s bothering me, I have a problem with the deadlifts.

Once I’ve done one rep do I put the weight right back down to the floor or do I suspend the weight before it hits the floor and then just lift it again frm that position?

And what exactly is the motion that I’m aiming for when I bring the weight back down to the gound? I read somewhere on this forum that there isn’t much impact (muscle building wise)when you bring the weight back down; I’d still like to know the exact movement though so I don’t pull a tendon or some shit lol.

Lower the weight all the way to the floor. Some would even suggest that you stand up and reset before pulling again. I don’t find this helpful personally, but find what works for you.

The point is every pull needs to start with that surge off your heels to break the weight off the floor. You can’t get that if your still holding the weight off the floor.

Try to lower the weight in a similar fashion to how you lift it (in something of a controlled drop). Be careful not to lower all the way to the floor with stiff legs and a rounded back.

[quote]amigu wrote:
Oh and another thing that’s bothering me, I have a problem with the deadlifts.

Once I’ve done one rep do I put the weight right back down to the floor or do I suspend the weight before it hits the floor and then just lift it again frm that position?

And what exactly is the motion that I’m aiming for when I bring the weight back down to the gound? I read somewhere on this forum that there isn’t much impact (muscle building wise)when you bring the weight back down; I’d still like to know the exact movement though so I don’t pull a tendon or some shit lol.[/quote]

The deadlift, as great of a back exercise as it is, also has a lot of ham/glute action. So does the squat, so all things being equal, putting more recovery time between them is a generally good idea.

[quote]amigu wrote:
Thanks for the reply guys. If I swap wednesday with friday I guess I’m prioritising my upper body right?

Is that the only reason to do the swap or am I missing something?[/quote]

[quote]RSarin wrote:
The deadlift, as great of a back exercise as it is, also has a lot of ham/glute action. So does the squat, so all things being equal, putting more recovery time between them is a generally good idea.

amigu wrote:

Is that the only reason to do the swap or am I missing something?

[/quote]

Exactly there is a ton of carry over between these so rest days between them will allow the exercise its due attention of you being fresh

Phill