My Training Log

I just recently started to train again. I am currently 165 pounds, at 6’1. I use to be 190 pounds at around the same body fat two years ago, but I lost around 30 pounds while doing my basic training in the miliatry (due to the lifestyle, and caught some big from contaminated water that got me quite sick).

I am a fighter, I enjoy fighting and training to fight. That is what I train for. I have been doing martial arts all my life, and my semi long term goal is to become a krav Maga instructor within the next year.

I have started a weightlifting program a week ago, and will post my logged workouts from day one to present, then keep up to date.

Week 1:
workout 1:
Squat: 3 x 5 @ 135
Dumbell Bench 3 x 5 @ 55
Deadlift: 1 x 5 @ 225

Workout 2:
Squat: 3 x 5 @ 140
MIlitary Press: 3 x 5 @ 55
Chin up 3 x 6 bodyweight
Romanian deadlift with plate, slow reps x 10

Workout 3
Squat 3 x 5 @ 145
Dumbell press 3 x 5 @ 60
Deadlift 1 x 5 @ 230
Farmers walk 3 x 20 meters with 125 in each hand
Waiters walk 2 x 30 meters 60 in low hand, 60 in high hand

Week 2
Workout 1: Squat 3 x 5 @ 150
Military press: 3 x 5 @ 70
Chin up : 3 x 7 (failed last rep of third set)

No we are all up to date, i did do some bodyweight training in the mornings on most day I wasnt lifting, and training sessions in krav maga. Im starting a new job, so I wont be able to train krav maga as much in next two weeks, but will continue the weight workouts. I will probably focus more on shadow boxing, and striking drills on heavy bag so i cant get in get out fast.

Nutrition wise, I eat quite clean.
Breakfast is usually the same, omelette with garlic and ginger in it, and some cheese. and apple, and either orange or pineapple as well as about quarter cup of oatmeal with a bit of brown sugar. I always have a very big glass of water, and fish oil in the morning.

Lunch is often rice, with sauté brocoli, carrots, onions, corn, garlic and ginger, avocado on rice. sometimes chicken if I have it. Or I will eat at work (Im a cook), usualy always stir fry, with beef and veggies and rice and a peanut sauce)

for dinner often have chicken, rice or sweet potatoes, and the same sauté veggie mix (all fresh, not frozen).

i’ll often have a peanut butter sandwhich in the day, and much on fruits, or trail mix. Sometimes i like a bowl of cereal. I drink a lot of green tea.

just back from the parc, I did some runninG JOGGING/SPRINT intervals to the school I train at. In the yard, found sandbag from a construction site. did some clean and press, then bear crawls. famrers walks. afterwards did the following grip workout:

Finger push ups: As many as possible without going to failure
Wall finger push ups, without going to failure
then hanging from a bar for time

x2

Workout today:
3 min max Sprint in morning

Squat 3 x5 @ 155
Dumbell bench 3 x 5 @ 60
Deadlift 1 x 5 @ 230 and 2 reps with 275