My Training Log

9/19- squat #9

Squat- 2x3@395
Deficit deadlift- 495x1 PR, 5x1@405
GHR/Reverse hyper/back raise superset- 3x10
Barbell rollouts- 3x10

Notes: Easiest PR deadlift ever. I shall take a run at 515 or so in a couple weeks. Video to come.

9/20- Press
Press- 2x5@160
Close grip bench- 2x1@240, 2x1@250
Barbell rows- 5x3@225, 1x20@135
Facepulls- 5x15
Cable curls- 3x10

Notes: My main movements felt fast today. My left elbow is getting a bit sore, so I did a few sets of curls, as they tend to help make my elbows feel better. Just went for a bit of a pump. Video to come.

Yo, I like your log.

I like my log as well.

I reckon thats a good press workout right there. Barbell Rows with 225…Mckayla is impressed.

9/21- Deadlift #9

Deadlift- 2x3@465
Parallel box squat- 5x1@405
Klokov presses- lots

Notes: The pulls weren’t too bad. Squats were rather slow but that’s to be expected after these tougher pulling sessions, and I wasn’t using wraps either. The Klokov presses were from a bit of a challenge a few of us on the team had. It was a bad idea.

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:
I reckon thats a good press workout right there. Barbell Rows with 225…Mckayla is impressed.[/quote]

Thanks. I’ve been naturally good at pressing since my 5/3/1 days a couple years ago. My lats are still pretty weak, but my rowing strength has gone up. I hope to be able to do 225x10 eventually. I do use straps for rowing, though; powerlifting doesn’t have a grip event and I’ve never lost a deadlift due to grip.

I think straps are a valuable tool. People that bash them are asshats. I’ve never had an issue with my grip either.

9/23- bench #10

Bench- 2x3@240
Close grip press- 8x2@175
Face pulls- a ton

Notes: These flew up. I could pause for a full three seconds on each rep and still get them with ease. My narrow grip press is surprisingly strong; I had actually never done them with such a narrow grip. I may do it more often, as I really liked the tricep work I got. Video will come tomorrow.

9/25- squat #10

Squat- 2x3@410
RDL- 3x3@365
Shrugs- 5x3@405

Notes: This was my best squat day for a while. My walkout was a thousand times better, my depth was good on all reps, and I was faster than last week. I used my old wraps today. Video to come.

9/27- press #10

Press- 2x3@175
Slingshot- 275x9
Barbell rows- 8x2@235
Face pulls- 5x15, 1x100

Notes: Dropped the weight and had a race to 100 reps with a friend. Dat pump. Video to come.

9/28- deadlift #10

Deadlift- 2x3@480
Pause squat- 365x1
Pullups- 10x3
GHR/reverse hyper/back raises- a bunch
Also some curls

Notes: I have been seriously slacking on my accessory work lately. I gotta keep up the volume to keep my low back from asploding because my form is turrble.

Video to come.

9/30- Bench #11
Bench- 2x2@250
Close grip high incline bench- 1x2, 4x1@225
Shrugs- 10x3@405
Face pulls- 5x15

Notes: Pretty good day here. Full pause on each rep, with good speed. I do need to do a slightly better job keeping my upper back tight after the first rep, though; I am just fine throughout the entire first rep, but as soon as I come down for the subsequent reps, I collapse a little bit. I also have a bit of an imbalance as I lower the bar, with the right side going down a bit further. Rx: additional back work and a bit of DB pressing.

Sorry for the shit angle on the second set.

10/2- squat #11

Squat- 2x2@425
Deficit deadlift- 505x1, 515x1

Notes: No assistance work today. I lifted heavy things for a few reps and then left.

10/4- Press #11

Press- 2x2@180
Shrugs- 5x3@405, 3x3@455
Face pulls- 5x20
Neck cable raises- 5x20 front/back
Pullups/reverse curls/band pull-apart superset- a bunch

Notes: My elbows have been feeling awful lately, so I did a ton of pulling today, and that will be the theme for the assistance work for the rest of this cycle, on my bench and press days. Instead of doing a variation after my main sets, I will probably just do something like two sets of five at 80-85% of my estimated 1RM.

This will keep my volume high enough without having to set up for another lift, which will give me more time to work on assistance lifts, which again, will be pretty much all pulling. I may do a slight amount of high-rep isolation work for a bit of blood flow.