My Training Leg Experiment

So Ive been working out for around 5 years and each of those five years I learned more and more about trying to make myself look rlly good, mostly from this site. One thing I never gave into was training legs. For some reason I always didnt give a shit. I used to be INSANELY skinny, around 129lbs at 6ft. It also doesnt help that I have small wrists and monkey arms. I think that contributed to me not caring about legs because i wanted to just focus entirely on getting my upper body big.

Well that was at 18 years old and now I’m about to turn 24 and my upper body is significantly bigger but through those 5 years I NEVER trained legs. The closest thing I did to training legs was deadlifting. Well now im at a point where my upper body will not change no matter what i do. I do so many shoulder triads, 100 pushups a day, 50 chin ups a day, in addition to my normal workouts, but nothing is changing for the life of me. Now for some reason my brain just clicked and I can not stop training legs.

I started last week and ive worked out my legs 3x last week alrdy. And its quite pathetic because day 1 i literally had trouble squatting 95 lbs…considering the fact I can curl well over 95 lbs that is really bad…So now today I just finished my 4th leg workout and I am up to squatting 135x8 for 3 sets and that seemed easy.

Basically the experiment is going to be, train the shit out of my legs and see if my upper body will then progress and I will finally believe that training legs makes your upper body bigger.

You getting enough recovery? I?m guessing you were training upper body 3-4 times a week (before you did legs) plus 100 press ups and 50 chins each day?

if you want your legs to catch up do em 2-3x a week and do a maintenance session on your upper?
i would rotate quad dominate work out with some hams and ham dominate with some quads calfs every session.

i would train don?t strain! Not going to total failure each set leave 1-2 reps in the tank, will allow faster recovery and enable you to hit your legs the desired amount.
possibly mix high and low volume, i found my legs respond better to more reps. try to include front squats.

guy i train with has a superd upper body, very dense muscle only started doing legs 12 months ago (has trained for 17+ years!) not training legs hasnt held his upper body development back.
watched him bench 3 plates a side for 20+reps. impressive but he has the worst pair of legs in the world, after badgering him for years he finally gave in and started training them.

17 years with no leg training? rofl

oh boy

The OP was full of gold.

A man with a big upper-body stacked on top of a pair of chicken legs has been found to be a leading cause of vaginal dryness in sexually active females.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
A man with a big upper-body stacked on top of a pair of chicken legs has been found to be a leading cause of vaginal dryness in sexually active females. [/quote]

LOL!!

Funniest post in the past 2 weeks!

There must be a LOT of dry vaginas in my geographical area, because there are a LOT of guys at my gym with good upper bodies, but with legs like 10 year old boys’.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
A man with a big upper-body stacked on top of a pair of chicken legs has been found to be a leading cause of vaginal dryness in sexually active females. [/quote]

LMFAO!!

Never has so much truth ever been spoken.

OP also didnt mention current bodyweight. Im guessing at 6 foot without training legs he still weights two fifths of fuck all.

But hey, keep us updated. Starting pics and measurements would be good. My expectations are you will get larger legs/ass/erectors but probably not any better gains in upper body. Might get a little leaner if you dont add more calories to compensate.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
The OP was full of gold.[/quote]

Agreed

I’m at 180 now. I’m hoping there is some truth to working out legs = bigger arms. Ive taken my arms from 11inches to 16.5 but they stopped growing no matter what I do. 16.5 is alright but I have long arms with tinnyyyyy wrists which there is nothing I can do about that…

[quote]jck524 wrote:
I’m hoping there is some truth to working out legs = bigger arms.[/quote]

the truth is curls and extensions = bigger arms

working legs = bigger legs

there has to be some benefit for me to work out my legs besides just having bigger legs. I feel as though I cant be as lean without working out legs now because I wont have enough LBM to drop to a low BF %. It just seems to me that all my friends who are really lean are also accompanied by big legs.

[quote]wannabebig250 wrote:

[quote]jck524 wrote:

working legs = bigger legs[/quote]

My God, it cant really be that simple, can it?

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]jck524 wrote:

My God, it cant really be that simple, can it?[/quote]

Of course not. If you do squats you get hormone release and it’s just like doing a cycle.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]jck524 wrote:

My God, it cant really be that simple, can it?[/quote]

ive been told its just an urban legend from monks at the top of the Himalayan mountains

update #1: After training my legs obsessively last week I started this week off with a shoulder workout. This is the best shoulder workout I’ve had in a while, the weight seemed very light compared to how it normally feels. It could be due to the leg training or perhaps Im giving my shoulders more time to rest…maybe a combination of both.

[quote]jck524 wrote:
update #1: After training my legs obsessively last week I started this week off with a shoulder workout. This is the best shoulder workout I’ve had in a while, the weight seemed very light compared to how it normally feels. It could be due to the leg training or perhaps Im giving my shoulders more time to rest…maybe a combination of both.[/quote]

im not trying to be an asshole…but think about this logically for a second. how would leg training transfer over to more strength on your shoulder workouts? really think about it.

no idea, but cant mess with success.

There should be a fee for viewing this pure gold OP.