My Total Body Training

Hi, grateful for any feedback on my 3 times a week 45 mins fullbody workouts. It’s the only time I can afford due to my schedule.

This is the workout:

Superset 1
3x10 Pullups (weighted)
3x10 Military Press

Superset 2
2x10 Squats
3x10 Bench Press or Incline Bench Press
2x10 Deadlifts

Superset 3
3x10 Seated Cable Rows
3x10 Dips

Thanks.

Not too bad, ya got a 5-2 ratio of upper compared to lower body work. How long you plan on doing this routine.

http://www.musclewithattitude.com/readTopic.do?id=1165710

are you going to be doing the exact same thing 3 times a week?? lots of compound movements which isnt bad, but i think your going to be shot after your 2nd superset…why not look at Chad Waterbury’s Triple Total Training or LIft Fast Get Big prorgrams??

id do a bit more research on the total body workouts…you have a good idea but i think you can tweak that up a bit to make it a better, and more sound workout…good luck

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
are you going to be doing the exact same thing 3 times a week?? lots of compound movements which isnt bad, but i think your going to be shot after your 2nd superset…why not look at Chad Waterbury’s Triple Total Training or LIft Fast Get Big prorgrams??

id do a bit more research on the total body workouts…you have a good idea but i think you can tweak that up a bit to make it a better, and more sound workout…good luck[/quote]

At first I didn’t agree, but now that I’m thinking about it he sounds right.

This is in the beginner section if your really a beginner there’s no need for supersetting. You don’t get a good feel for the movements and as a beginner your not doing enough weight to make significant gains at 3x10., specially when supersetting.

Thanks all. I’m not really a beginner. Have been training for a couple of years for general fitness and not actual bodybuilding. But am quite used to the movements. I have actually started this workout for a couple of weeks. Quite draining at first but my body seems to be adapting.

Read Waterbury’s Total Body Training and Triple Total Training. Was planning to vary the exercises with substitute exercises as well as vary the reps (occassionally using lighter weights and higher reps of up to 15). Would this help?

Any other tips on how I can improve the workout?