My Thoughts on Kettlebells

The truth is that I picked up some useful information from Pavel?s Power to the People book about form and tension techniques. I?m not a form Nazi and think all this business about form is part of the problem but that?s a topic for another time.

I sort of already knew about tension but the way Pavel laid it out kind put it all together. It was kind of like when I found out that Hall and Oats were queer lovers. I mean I knew their songs were uber gay and I think I saw a few MTV videos of them essentially gaying each other up but when their base player told me they were Hershey Highway buds it put it all together.

Yes the story of me and the Hall and Oats base player is also for another time. FYI the base player was a chick so settle down.

Read more: moynihaninstitute.com

It’s not clear what your ideas on kettlebells are from this post. I blew out my right elbow doing KB cleans with them. Ok, it’s my fault, but I find the way that you have to twist your wrist around when cleaning them to be conducive to such types of injuries.

Anyway, there are a few KB exercises that I think are worthwhile. I like the swings and I also like the turkish get up. Arguably these could be done with dumbells. Dont want to engage that debate.

That said, I dont agree with people who make a fetish out of KBs. They can be an interesting part of a weightlifting program, not a replacement for barbells and dumbells. And they are not really safer than BBs and DBs, unless the KBs used are so light as to be inconsequential.

Pavel is ok, but his books cost way too much.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
It’s not clear what your ideas on kettlebells are from this post.[/quote]

He has no point. he’s just pimping his web site.

Tube Steak Boogie!!!

All his posts reference that site.

Do you write the essays on that site? If so, just say “hey guys, I added another essay to my site, what do you think?” instead of doing the weird third person thing you are doing now.

It seems less like spam that way.

[quote]Rant Irishman wrote:
It was kind of like when I found out that Hall and Oats were queer lovers. I mean I knew their songs were uber gay and I think I saw a few MTV videos of them essentially gaying each other up but when their base player told me they were Hershey Highway buds it put it all together.

Yes the story of me and the Hall and Oats base player is also for another time. FYI the base player was a chick so settle down.
[/quote]

Dude, you buried the lede.