T Nation

My Testosterone Results

Age 36. Training for 20 years.

Blood draw revealed:

Total testosterone level of 345. Reference range (280-800)

Free Testosterone level of 8.4
Reference Range (4.0 - 16.)

SHBG was 19 on a scale of 13 - 48.6

This was on 35 sprays of 4AD 1x/day.

I found this disappointing. Either the 4AD is failing to convert, or the 4AD is active in itself. I had a huge increase in libido and gained a few pounds over 6 weeks, but strength dropped on the upper body stuff which I found strange.

I do much better on ATD. I’d opt for TRIBEX or Alpha Male, but feel that for the cost/benefit ratio, ATD is hard to beat.

[quote]Max Johnson wrote:

Blood draw revealed:

I found this disappointing. Either the 4AD is failing to convert, or the 4AD is active in itself. I had a huge increase in libido and gained a few pounds over 6 weeks, but strength dropped on the upper body stuff which I found strange.

I do much better on ATD. I’d opt for TRIBEX or Alpha Male, but feel that for the cost/benefit ratio, ATD is hard to beat.[/quote]

What is ATD?

Either that, or your actual test is alot lower than your blood draw is shown. Hard to say. Maybe your test level is in the 200’s without 4ad

[quote]Max Johnson wrote:

Blood draw revealed:

I do much better on ATD. I’d opt for TRIBEX or Alpha Male, but feel that for the cost/benefit ratio, ATD is hard to beat.[/quote]

ATD (3,17-dioxo-etiochol-1,4,6-triene).

Total testosterone level of 345?

LOL I think the average 18 year old girl has at least 400.

:wink:

[quote]Smitty88 wrote:
Total testosterone level of 345?

LOL I think the average 18 year old girl has at least 400.

;)[/quote]

LOL. Your off by a zero in that 400 mark

Ha ha ha…

You know what’s weird though? I am still making small strength gains. For example, I can hip belt squat 320lbs for 20 reps. I’ve been steadily adding 5lbs every 2 weeks for 9 months. I can still bench in the mid-300’s. I understand it’s all relative though.

Again, I would highly recommend everyone have this done. At the very least, it may help you focus your supplement usage/training programs/diet to focus on what’s lagging.

I agree with T-Nick.

On Alpha Male and Rez V I was 356 on the same scale, but Free was 4.9 on a 3.1-5.0 scale. 36 as well.

I’d hate to go in and test w/o my supps, but I should just to see. Bcking off the supps for 4 weeks might be nice to see where my body goes w/o them.