My T Level Is 78, What Should I Do?

Hi my name is matt. Im 35 years old. Ill start by saying what i think is cause for my very low t count. Back in 2005 i had a lung collapse on me and then they discovered that i have rare disease call bleb disease, because of this they had to remove the upper part of my left lung, Sense this happened i have chronic pain. I started to abuse oxycontin for while then went to methadone clinic and have been stable on it now for 11 years. I believe these two things are responsible for my low t. So what should i do

That test level is dangerous for you long term, you are at risk for diabetes, heart disease and cardiovascular disease on the short list.

These medication are known to destroy hormone production, it sedates the pituitary gland over time. Klonopin was my poison for 30 years to treat a neurological condition which I might add Klonopin killed my Tourette Syndrome and along with my T production as a result of year long painful withdraw. These medications really stress the glands in the body, so I suggest you look at cortisol levels as well.

Share your labs, perhaps we can spot other potential issues that these so called doctors miss with regularity. You need to test for starters, once you confirm low T more test to find the cause. Most doctors fail to test thyroid, often if underlying condition exists TRT will fail and you will feel worse as TRT attempts to restore metabolic rates a lagging thyroid simply can’t match.

Total T
Free T
E2 sensitive
SHBG
LH/FSH
prolactin
CBC
PSA
Full thyroid panel:
TSH
T4
fT4
fT3
antibodies

Total T
Free T
LH/FSH ← added
prolactin ← added
E2 sensitive
SHBG
LH
FSH
CBC
PSA
Full thyroid panel:
TSH
T4
fT4
fT3

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

I get really cold and clammy when i excersice and walk long term. It is really bad

My results for this first test are far from normal im like a stud with no balls right now lol. They did three test
F test 78
Free test 13.1
Bio available test 32.1

Clammy hands is a sign hormone imbalance, I had cammy hands when I was low T. My T was low, FT and E2 were all low. Do you urinate frequently? That’s low E2, trouble you holding onto water content. Testosterone affects blood circulation. Track morning and afternoon body temps using oral thermometer, should be 97.7 upon waking and 98.6 afternoon. Most are iodine deficient, if subclinical try iodine supplementation. See thyroid sticky.

Its not just my hands its my hole body and my body fat is the most effected

I consume iodine salt all the time in cooking and when i go out to places i ask for it specifically