T Nation

My Surge Scoops are Different

I took some pictures- The one on the right came with my root beer Surge about A month ago and then the scoop on the left came with my Raspberry Surge today. The serving size on both labels still says “two scoops- 92g”. I don’t know if the pictures do it justice, but the one that came with the raspberry is definitely bigger. I let out an inadvertent “WTF” upon first glance.

Which scoop do you guys have??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/MorkeLegioner/DSCN0090.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/MorkeLegioner/DSCN0091.jpg

are the depths the same?

[quote]cpcloud wrote:
are the depths the same?[/quote]

No, the ‘fat’ one is little smaller, but overall, more volume.

different flavors have different serving size

Tare a scale with the scoop, fill scoop and measure. You will know exactly how much you are taking. There is slight variation from bottle to bottle anyway.

I have the larger scoop inside my chocolate and a small one in an old raspberry. I just checked my raspberry and the scoop is the same size as the chocolate or your root beer. Interesting.

Chocolate is 44-45g per scoop, raspberry is 35-36g for small scoop (70cc) and 43-44g for large scoop (I did three weighings of each).

These things happen, save old scoops of different sizes and dealing with it becomes easier when you have a scale. I still have a 60cc scoop from original Surge in the small bottle. Now let me tell you, that lasted like a week.

Different flavors of Surge have different densities due to their flavor systems. As a result, different sized scoops are required.

I can’t get enough of the root beer! This tastes great.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
Different flavors of Surge have different densities due to their flavor systems. As a result, different sized scoops are required.[/quote]

Ah. Thank you.

[quote]duke6j wrote:
I can’t get enough of the root beer! This tastes great.[/quote]

Ha - that stuff makes me gag as does the raspberry. I love chocolate though.