My Strongman Vids

Thought I’d just post some of my videos on here for fun. Please comment/criticize. I’m new to this so all help is welcome. Especially on the tire flip. (I know that not all events are traditional strongman events, we just like to add them in since we don’t compete…yet)

First, only 2 videos are showing up – tire flip and sledgehammer work. Second, sledgehammer work isn’t really a strongman event, so I’ll only comment on the tire.

Do you have any idea what the weight of that tire is? I know the video says 200+, but that could mean anything. Was that your first time flipping a tire? I ask, because it looked like a little bit of a struggle and I can’t tell if it was the weight or the inexperience.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
First, only 2 videos are showing up – tire flip and sledgehammer work. Second, sledgehammer work isn’t really a strongman event, so I’ll only comment on the tire.

Do you have any idea what the weight of that tire is? I know the video says 200+, but that could mean anything. Was that your first time flipping a tire? I ask, because it looked like a little bit of a struggle and I can’t tell if it was the weight or the inexperience.[/quote]

We really don’t know how much the tire is. It’s not heavy at all. I think maybe 250ish. I say it’s not heavy to me because as of right now my deadlift is right around 400. I’m assuming that the dead lift is the most comparable gym lift to the tire flip. It looks like I’m having trouble because I wasn’t being real aggressive with it because I’ve been told that my technique is wrong. So I’m being careful.

Just a few things, anyone else feel free to chime in.

Dont have other people touch your farmers handles. They swing and sway. And that’s what makes your wrist stronger.

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/tire_flipping.htm

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/tire_flippin.htm

Not a double post.

Im late on this post, but…

1. Your tire flip weight will always be greater than your deadlift by quite a bit (in my case I can flip twice my deadlift weight) So I would assume that tire is a bit more than 250.

2. Just my two cents here, it looks like you aren’t being anywhere near aggressive enough in those events. Like, it kind of looks like you don’t even give a shit.