Can you suggest any improvements, or any comments regarding this plan? most of these ideas i got from r/LowSHBG.
- I have a low shbg at 14, my E2 is also at 14.
- Starting TRT & HCG this week. concerned about how effective it will be because of my shbg.
This is my plan to try and increase my SHBG on my next set of labs hopefully. Even if it doesn’t, these will be good lifestyle changes.
- Taking 500mg of berberine and 150mg milk thistle before each meal.
- berberine reduces insulin resistance which has been shown to be correlated with decreased shbg
- milk thistle for liver health
- Reduce carbohydrates with high GI. no more white rice. Whole grain.
- Carbohydrates with high GL/GI and higher intake of sugar and sugar-sweetened beverages were associated with lower circulating SHBG concentrations. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28304147
- olive oil in morning shake
- Olive oil has been shown to raise SHBG. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24142580
- Psylium husk and spinach in morning shake for fiber
- fiber intake positively correlated with SHBG increase
- I am hoping with an increase in E2 since mine is low, once i start TRT will slightly increase SHBG as well, or at least offset the SHBG decrease from TRT.