T Nation

My Story and 2 Year Training Progress

My story has no differences besides the height blunder I admit. I would never purposely lie but height I never measure. Originally I said 120 pounds at 6 1 but I found a picture of me at the hospital with weight as 102bs.

Here is the order

Out of hospital I was 100 pounds
Then 120 . Just say 6 feet and eliminate me ever saying 6’1… I am 6 feet 1.5 centimeters

My arms were 9 at 100 , 14 2 years ago ,18.75 and 18.85 now. I said 19 .

I’ve never said 18.5

100 pounds hospital
120 at home afterwards
216.5 now

9 hospital
14. 2 years ago
18.75 and 18.85 now.

6 feet 1.5 cm all my adult life I guess. A doctor had me as 6,1

Also I said 1 and half years ago. It’s been exactly 1 year 6 months 10 days.

Sorry for confusion. We might as well get everything straight though.

And me being a author here has no bearing on truth. Seek it all you want , I’ve never lied just was misinformed about 1 inch of height.

And sorry for wasting everyone’s time with the height confusion .

I just always felt guilty writing about training and people looking at my professional photo thinking I don’t train.

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:
If you really do have true decent condition 18 inch arms after 2 years of proper training… You are a genetic fucking freak man lol. [/quote]

Thanks, but I don’t think so bro . I just train using routines that have worked 1000 times before and never try to make anything up.

Just throw up some photos doing actual poses and cut out the passive agressive posts.

You’d get less gripes that way and could probably share some good info

[quote]Smashingweights wrote:
Just throw up some photos doing actual poses and cut out the passive agressive posts.
You’d get less gripes that way and could probably share some good info[/quote]

Thanks, you’re right . But like I said I don’t consider myself a bodybuilder by any stretch of the imagination. I just practice mandatory poses for fun until I get a few more years of training under my belt. I apologize if I seemed passive agressive.

I never intended this to be a “look how great I am”, I just wanted to update my story since the last update in 2012 , tell you guys I’m still training hard and maybe inspire someone similar to me.

I’m a beginner compared to most of you and just honored to be here.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]Bradley Joe Kelly wrote:

[quote] SmashingwWeights wrote:
Haven’t you posted this exact same thing at least 4 other times?[/quote]

I posted it around a year and a half ago once. [/quote]

(posted March 2012)

(posted September 2012)

(posted October 2012)

(not sure of the date on this, but pretty much the same write-up)

^So I can certainly see why this thread has people scratching their heads.

As to the “19 inch arm”,… well, it’s probably not in good form to call out someone who writes for the site, but then again, it’s also probably not a great idea to make a claim (whether true or untrue) that easily exceeds the vast majority of advanced trainers, and actual competitors in this forum, and not expect a bit of static.

S[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Stu.

I appreciate you took the time to research.

Don’t worry about me being a contributor the truth is the truth. I understand 18.75(18.85) is abnormal but please understand I’m no where conditioned like a competitor ( the two poses together is the condition I stay in all year , never leaner ). Also for those 2 years I’ve had a lot of help.

I followed John meadows arm advice from his article the entire time, plus used the nutrition advice he gave me , talked to Robby Robinson on the phone (did an interview) and Bill Pearl gave me a arm routine when I hit 200 lbs , he also gave me advice on training for feats of strength I use to show groups of kids the value of physical training. Pictured above is where I used Mr Pearls advice to train up to ripping two decks of cards in half.

The point is I always seek out people more knowledgeable than me such as yourself, follow it completely, and just love to train.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a leg shot from you. Are you able to train them?

Thanks, you’re right . But like I said I don’t consider myself a bodybuilder by any stretch of the imagination. I just practice mandatory poses for fun until I get a few more years of training under my belt. I apologize if I seemed passive agressive.

I never intended this to be a “look how great I am”, I just wanted to update my story since the last update in 2012 , tell you guys I’m still training hard and maybe inspire someone similar to me.

[/quote]
It’s cool dude, just giving some advice and critiques. You did post this in the bodybuilding section so some bodybuilding poses seem appropriate.

[quote]staystrong wrote:
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a leg shot from you. Are you able to train them?[/quote]

Yea , I used to throw up every squat session because of it placing pressure on my stomach, but I do train them twice a week.

My thighs are 25.75 and calves 16. To be honest I don’t thighs as intensely as I should because I consider myself no where near competition. Plus I wanted to do physique shows actually. Not to say I don’t want huge thighs but I like specializing on things and right now its chest.

Calves I train 3 times a week ( which has brought them from 12 to 16) but I was closer to 100lbs most my life so they have been a huge obstacle.

[quote]staystrong wrote:
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a leg shot from you. Are you able to train them?[/quote]

Yea , I used to throw up every squat session because of it placing pressure on my stomach, but I do train them twice a week.

My thighs are 25.75 and calves 16. To be honest I don’t thighs as intensely as I should because I consider myself no where near competition. Plus I wanted to do physique shows actually. Not to say I don’t want huge thighs but I like specializing on things and right now its chest.

Calves I train 3 times a week ( which has brought them from 12 to 16) but I was closer to 100lbs most my life so they have been a huge obstacle. [/quote]

Cool. I was just curious if your previous health issues made it difficult for you to train them

[/quote]
It’s cool dude, just giving some advice and critiques. You did post this in the bodybuilding section so some bodybuilding poses seem appropriate.[/quote]

Yea that was probably my first mistake, posting it in this section LOL.

Thanks for your advice and critiques , I really needed to get everything straight anyway .

[quote]staystrong wrote:

[quote]staystrong wrote:

Calves I train 3 times a week ( which has brought them from 12 to 16) but I was closer to 100lbs most my life so they have been a huge obstacle. [/quote]

Cool. I was just curious if your previous health issues made it difficult for you to train them[/quote]

To a degree because I still get nauseated easily from everyday life , much less squats and deadlifts, but nothing excusable.

After chest I will do thighs and make it a goal to post a picture here.

I just didn’t want to put this in the rate my physique section AGAIN because…
[/quote]
:wink:

I just didn’t want to put this in the rate my physique section AGAIN because…
[/quote]
;)[/quote]

I really had to the first time because I definitely didn’t want to be in the bodybuilding section lol. And after this obviously I still have a while to go before I am here. That’s why I like T Nation though, tough crowds are the best , they give you something to aspire to. If everyone just said good job I wouldn’t have known to set my story straight on the height.

I need a "I’m too new for bodybuilding and don’t rate me " section

Performance Photos or Bigger Stronger Leaner would work

Performance Photos or Bigger Stronger Leaner would work[/quote]

Thanks , definitely need this moved. If people got excited about me updating it a year and 6 months later the same weekend would blow their mind.

Completely unrelated, you look just like one of the guys in Lone Survivor (also played speed racer).

100% you.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Completely unrelated, you look just like one of the guys in Lone Survivor (also played speed racer).
[/quote]

Haha I actually just saw that movie yesterday. That’s a good compliment.

I used to train with military members so I’ve got a few pictures of me decked out in similar gear. This one is the only one on my phone though because it’s on a military website.

I’d have to reenact it with a beard. And this was not for a woodland op (urban) so I had ACUs and a OD rig.

We played in squads of 4 and it was a single elimination tournament, my squad actually won that’s why this picture was taken professionally.

^Lol, nice.