My Story and 2 Year Training Progress

Hey guys,

It has been a while(2012), but things have calmed down do I hope to post on here more often again and should have a article releasing soon.

Edit:
Yes I posted the below story here in 2012, but just wanted to update it.

For those of you that do not know I started off training at around 100 pounds body weight with my high school coach. I was chronically sick for 7 years which we finally discovered was due to my esophageal sphincter( stomach cap) not functioning correctly. Because of that I threw up every day/ night and some days every meal.

Like I said I was around 100lbs in highschool so had no possible interest in sports or weightlifting. But I was placed in it do to a scheduling mistake and fell in love.

But I noticed I was getting stronger , but not really any bigger. Especially my chest, I really had no chest (36 inches) but could bench 355 pounds. I prided myself in surprising people when I lifted , never expecting to get any bigger. Then one day it happened , I discovered T-Nation and thus hypertrophy specific training.

Writers like John , Bret, Brad , Chris and Lee captivated my mind , they showed me a option. I studied as much as possible on hypertrophy specific training and wondered if I would ever get 16 inch arms.

Attached above was me right out of the hospital , full grown , 6 feet tall and 100 pounds soaking wet.

And to save time, here was my 2 year “transformation”. That is the conditioning I keep year round.

And here is one final picture of the overall transformation.

THIS IS NOT 2 YEARS. It is more like 4, but those first 2 I did not get much bigger, just stronger. The last 2 I discovered hypertophy specific training.

Why did I post this? Because I hope it will inspire at least one person.

I do not consider myself a bodybuilder obviously, I just love to train. My biggest weakness is my chest because those 2 years of strength training did basically nothing for it. I am prioritizing it as much as possible currently.

1. good job, success stories are cool

2. Your stats/measurements are off

Congrats on not being sickly anymore (srs) but those are not 19" arms.

Haven’t you posted this exact same thing at least 4 other times?

[quote]Smashingweights wrote:
Congrats on not being sickly anymore (srs) but those are not 19" arms.
Haven’t you posted this exact same thing at least 4 other times?[/quote]

I posted it around a year and a half ago once.

And yes , yes they are 18.75 cold .I am 6 foot 1 almost so guessing arm size relaxed isn’t exactly easy.

But I guess you did spot a quarter of an inch so good job on that. And the other is 18.85 so a .15 difference eye is really good

If anyone posts a 19 inch arm on a 6 foot guy that looks noticeably bigger I’ll post a tape measure shot of the 18.75 but until then here is another non relaxed picture.

I love how criticism is the primary form of feedback though lol. If I felt a reason to lie about arm size 4 years after I was 100 pounds I might have low enough self respect for it to affect me.

I really wish I could edit a picture in ? If any staff wants to combine all my posts into one one deleting the others , sorry for multiple posts in a row.

[quote]Bradley Joe Kelly wrote:

[quote] SmashingwWeights wrote:

I posted it around a year and a half ago once. [/quote]

(posted March 2012)

(posted September 2012)

(posted October 2012)

(not sure of the date on this, but pretty much the same write-up)

^So I can certainly see why this thread has people scratching their heads.

As to the “19 inch arm”,… well, it’s probably not in good form to call out someone who writes for the site, but then again, it’s also probably not a great idea to make a claim (whether true or untrue) that easily exceeds the vast majority of advanced trainers, and actual competitors in this forum, and not expect a bit of static.

S

In one post your 6 feet and 120 pounds, another you’re 6’1 and 100.

17.5 inch arms, then they’re 19 and then they’re really 18.5/18.85?

If you can’t see why people question your writing and claims after reading all the variances between the multiple (not “once”) accounts of your journey then I don’t know what to tell ya bud.

Like I said earlier, good job on getting healthy and getting in the iron game.

If you really do have true decent condition 18 inch arms after 2 years of proper training… You are a genetic fucking freak man lol.

My story has no differences besides the height blunder I admit. I would never purposely lie but height I never measure. Originally I said 120 pounds at 6 1 but I found a picture of me at the hospital with weight as 102bs.

Here is the order

Out of hospital I was 100 pounds
Then 120 . Just say 6 feet and eliminate me ever saying 6’1… I am 6 feet 1.5 centimeters

My arms were 9 at 100 , 14 2 years ago ,18.75 and 18.85 now. I said 19 .

I’ve never said 18.5

100 pounds hospital
120 at home afterwards
216.5 now

9 hospital
14. 2 years ago
18.75 and 18.85 now.

6 feet 1.5 cm all my adult life I guess. A doctor had me as 6,1

Also I said 1 and half years ago. It’s been exactly 1 year 6 months 10 days.

Sorry for confusion. We might as well get everything straight though.

And me being a author here has no bearing on truth. Seek it all you want , I’ve never lied just was misinformed about 1 inch of height.

And sorry for wasting everyone’s time with the height confusion .

I just always felt guilty writing about training and people looking at my professional photo thinking I don’t train.

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:
If you really do have true decent condition 18 inch arms after 2 years of proper training… You are a genetic fucking freak man lol. [/quote]

Thanks, but I don’t think so bro . I just train using routines that have worked 1000 times before and never try to make anything up.

Just throw up some photos doing actual poses and cut out the passive agressive posts.

You’d get less gripes that way and could probably share some good info

Just throw up some photos doing actual poses and cut out the passive agressive posts.
You’d get less gripes that way and could probably share some good info[/quote]

Thanks, you’re right . But like I said I don’t consider myself a bodybuilder by any stretch of the imagination. I just practice mandatory poses for fun until I get a few more years of training under my belt. I apologize if I seemed passive agressive.

I never intended this to be a “look how great I am”, I just wanted to update my story since the last update in 2012 , tell you guys I’m still training hard and maybe inspire someone similar to me.

I’m a beginner compared to most of you and just honored to be here.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote] SmashingwWeights wrote:

I posted it around a year and a half ago once. [/quote]

(posted March 2012)

(posted September 2012)

(posted October 2012)

(not sure of the date on this, but pretty much the same write-up)

^So I can certainly see why this thread has people scratching their heads.

As to the “19 inch arm”,… well, it’s probably not in good form to call out someone who writes for the site, but then again, it’s also probably not a great idea to make a claim (whether true or untrue) that easily exceeds the vast majority of advanced trainers, and actual competitors in this forum, and not expect a bit of static.

S[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Stu.

I appreciate you took the time to research.

Don’t worry about me being a contributor the truth is the truth. I understand 18.75(18.85) is abnormal but please understand I’m no where conditioned like a competitor ( the two poses together is the condition I stay in all year , never leaner ). Also for those 2 years I’ve had a lot of help.

I followed John meadows arm advice from his article the entire time, plus used the nutrition advice he gave me , talked to Robby Robinson on the phone (did an interview) and Bill Pearl gave me a arm routine when I hit 200 lbs , he also gave me advice on training for feats of strength I use to show groups of kids the value of physical training. Pictured above is where I used Mr Pearls advice to train up to ripping two decks of cards in half.

The point is I always seek out people more knowledgeable than me such as yourself, follow it completely, and just love to train.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a leg shot from you. Are you able to train them?

You’d get less gripes that way and could probably share some good info[/quote]

Thanks, you’re right . But like I said I don’t consider myself a bodybuilder by any stretch of the imagination. I just practice mandatory poses for fun until I get a few more years of training under my belt. I apologize if I seemed passive agressive.

I never intended this to be a “look how great I am”, I just wanted to update my story since the last update in 2012 , tell you guys I’m still training hard and maybe inspire someone similar to me.

I’m a beginner compared to most of you and just honored to be here.

[/quote]
It’s cool dude, just giving some advice and critiques. You did post this in the bodybuilding section so some bodybuilding poses seem appropriate.

[quote]staystrong wrote:
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a leg shot from you. Are you able to train them?[/quote]

Yea , I used to throw up every squat session because of it placing pressure on my stomach, but I do train them twice a week.

My thighs are 25.75 and calves 16. To be honest I don’t thighs as intensely as I should because I consider myself no where near competition. Plus I wanted to do physique shows actually. Not to say I don’t want huge thighs but I like specializing on things and right now its chest.

Calves I train 3 times a week ( which has brought them from 12 to 16) but I was closer to 100lbs most my life so they have been a huge obstacle.