My Stomach

[quote]Redbones27 wrote:
I don’t think your problems are just a result of eating more than you have been. Are you sure you’re not lactose intolerant? Do you fart a lot/get stomach cramps/get the trots after drinking milk/eating ice cream or cottage/taking whey protein? Try taking a whey protein that’s lactose free, and drinking milk too that’s lactose free (if they sell Lactaid where you are). Pay attention to when you have stomach distress; if it follows the meals that contained milk products you’ve learned something important.[/quote]

Actually, my stomach’s usually fine in the morning but no so great by late afternoon and in the evening. And I usually have cottage cheese in the afternoon. I probably should at least have Lactaid tablets before having the cottage cheese. My dad told me that I could buy lactose free cottage cheese too. I never heard of that, but I’ll look for it. Thanks for the suggestion. It would be great if the only problem was the cottage cheese and I could still handle eating a lot of food and a lot of protein.

[quote]Bonn1997 wrote:
… And I usually have cottage cheese in the afternoon. I probably should at least have Lactaid tablets before having the cottage cheese.
[/quote]

Hey there

I have a problem with milk, but I am convinced it isn’t lactose, it is the casein protein. It causes all kinds of stomach bloating, cramping and explosive bowel motions that should be classified as a biological weapon of mass destruction. Seriously, they could kill at 100 paces.

I have no problems with yoghurt (I think due to the pre-digestion by the bacteria), or whey products, but milk, ice cream (I know…sad), cheese and especially cottage cheese are all off limits.

I have experimented adding these foods in one at a time over the past few years, and every single time, results in the previously mentioned bowel explosions and stench from hell.

Perhaps try cutting casein richproducts out for a while, and keep on the whey protein.

just my 0.02

[quote]realpeanutbutter wrote:
richieY2K wrote:
Chris you’re absolutely friggin hilarious

I’m laughin’ out loud to

My GF thinks it’s much less funny. not to mention her whole family makes fun of what I eat (Berardi style which i though was pretty normal). I get the:

“so can you eat carbs today atkins man?”

and i think: ‘lady I am going to fook up your plumbing so bad, I’ve been eating bricks of cheese for two weeks. This will be like giving birth to a post-pubesent child. get your plunger.’

but i say: “sure i just trained, it’s just what i need (to make me rock out this 10 pound cable!)”

-chris[/quote]

I laughed like a girl there…

[quote]scrooge wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
… And I usually have cottage cheese in the afternoon. I probably should at least have Lactaid tablets before having the cottage cheese.

Hey there

I have a problem with milk, but I am convinced it isn’t lactose, it is the casein protein. It causes all kinds of stomach bloating, cramping and explosive bowel motions that should be classified as a biological weapon of mass destruction. Seriously, they could kill at 100 paces.

I have no problems with yoghurt (I think due to the pre-digestion by the bacteria), or whey products, but milk, ice cream (I know…sad), cheese and especially cottage cheese are all off limits.

I have experimented adding these foods in one at a time over the past few years, and every single time, results in the previously mentioned bowel explosions and stench from hell.

Perhaps try cutting casein richproducts out for a while, and keep on the whey protein.

just my 0.02
[/quote]
This might be a dumb question, but what are casein rich products? Thanks for your help!

[quote]Bonn1997 wrote:
scrooge wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Hey there

just my 0.02

This might be a dumb question, but what are casein rich products? Thanks for your help![/quote]

Just a type of slow-digesting protein. Biotest’s Metabolic Drive Complete and Metabolic Drive. Cottage cheese is a natural food that is rich in it. And you are doing the right thing generally. Your body will adjust to a degree. But there’s really nothing wrong with shitting a lot…

dewd, that is like the best part of it all. get in touch with your BM.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about. The excitement of another log been assimilated something proper.

Just the knowing that food - poop = muscles. I think it’s like muscles are the opposite of poop, or something.

Say it with me: “I am the not-poop.”

You can adjust your eating patterns to see how long and unbroken you can get your turds.[/quote]

Length is king, but you also gotta appreciate a good taper. It’s all in sphincter control, just relaxing as that last bit of turd clears the cutter. Actually, cutter is a bad name for it. Cutting is for wipers!

With enough protein you can get the ledgendary “no-wiper ghost poopy” where it hides in the bottom of the john, out of sight, and its solid enough that you don’t even have to wipe. cool i know.[/quote]

No-wipe, the holy grail of BM. Other than length and taper (and those one out of ten guys who enjoy breadth…), ghostliness is where it’s at. In fact, length and taper are means to a ghostliness end, an end that doesn’t need to be wiped, stinging sore for the next 30 minutes.

On a related note, beware dried chilis in Chinese food!

You’ll also start to notice that you get “ready to go” when you train.[/quote]

Hell yeah, psychosomatic efficacy. Or perhaps our intelligent colons know the training benefit of a short rest between sets.

Plus you can do other fun stuff like try eating only peanuts and corn for a week and see what happens ;o)[/quote]

Tip: Eat a little caramel too, so “peanut week” comes out looking like a PayDay candy bar. Fun for the whole family.

See kids kailash feels the poo style…

But on a serious note.

Bonn, scale both gluten and casein out of your diet, especially if you are lacto-intolerant or milk allergy.

If you have been taking lactaid tabs for a while you should stop using them for a bit because after a certain point in time your body not only stops even attempting to make it’s own lactase but reacts to your lactaid pills with non-digestion. As a result you experience “crappy poops.”

Because you have trouble with milk there is a good chance you have trouble also with wheat gluten (a wheat protein) and casein (a mil protein). over 25% of the north american population does. So identify your allergies by removing wheat and milk products entirely along with wheat products.

See how your GI tract feels for about 2 weeks. Then begin taking some products that are most important (eg cottage cheese and pro powder) in in small doses. only bring in one product at a time to test its tolerance. This is because you might not necessarily be lactose intolerant but instead have ‘milk allergy’ which reacts much the same. But with a milk allergy you are able to ingest some products like cottage cheese without much problem. Also if you find that you have a gluten allergy, which you likely do, then you may have to keep the wheat poducts at bay for a long time and use them only as cheats.

Quit your lactaid at this time. It may have already kicked out on you. I used it for a time before it began not to work. But to keep selling it to you they don’t tell you this shit. So check your body for allergies by reintroducing important shit after a down time without them. check your protein for casein. You should be able to do the cottage and protein (I can and we are likely the same allergy wise, same symptoms etc.) if you quit the gluten. But together they just have a powwow in your guts, not fun. And if you want to eat food you’re allergic to without the GI stress, or less of it, then eat a huge bowl of leafy roughage (eg. spinach) and a huge glass of water before eating the bad stuff. It really slows down the whole process of digestion and prevents it from just flying through you and burning your asshole. I’ve also noticed that chowing down on a lemon or lime (actually eating it) really prevents the flaming bunghole that milk products give me and likely you. just my experience with similar things. good luck.

-chris