T Nation

My Stack - What Do You Think?

So I’m currently in a fat loss phase after a bulk. I’m using a pretty basic supps list - Multi-vitamin, Vitamin C, 4 Flameout caps a day, 12 caps of Greens + per day, and Metabolic Drive shakes and bars, plus some Grow! whey protein.

It’s been going well - I actually gained some lean mass while losing about 4 - 5 pounds of fat in the last six weeks.

Now, it’s important to note that I’m not trying to go from 10 % to 6 %, but from around 15 % down to 9 or 10 %…

So, obviously my goal is to maintain most of my mass while losing fat.

I was thinking about adding -

HOT-ROX Extreme
Biotest BCAA’s and possibly Creatine.

My nutrition is totally on - I’m following the Precision Nutrition principles and it’s working well. I just wanted to know what others thought of the additional supps I want to add. Since my main goal is fat loss while holding onto my muscle, I figured the Carbolin 19 in HRX and the BCAA’s would definitely help in that regard. I’m not so sure Creatine would also be beneficial at this point…I haven’t taken Creatine in years - since the days of the old “belly-bomb” Creatine supps that were out there about 5 years ago.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Those supplements can only aide in your fatloss. They wont hurt anything.

But that’s only 1% of your problem. The other 99% is your diet and training. If they aren’t on point, then those supplements are only going to goto waste.

[quote]Roy wrote:
Those supplements can only aide in your fatloss. They wont hurt anything.

But that’s only 1% of your problem. The other 99% is your diet and training. If they aren’t on point, then those supplements are only going to goto waste.[/quote]

Thanks for that advice, but my training and nutrition are spot-on, so I’m not sure where you get the idea that my training and nutrition are “99 % of my problem”, but thanks anyway.

I’m really wondering about how beneficial it would be to add those xtra supps now, or perhaps I should wait until my progress slows before adding anything new. I’m also wondering if the Creatine is worth it. I’m pretty sold on the HRX and BCAA’s, but I don’t know if Creatine is something I should consider too.

Creatine is so cheap by the kilo that there’s really no reason why not, other than if it just does nothing for someone, which is sometimes the case.

Searching on Froogle, there are sellers of it at $20 per kilo. If using say 10 grams per day, that’s 100 days’ use: not bad for $20.

Thanks for the response Bill. I enjoy your articles quite a bit.

I guess I don’t have to worry about intestinal discomfort any more, so I’ll check into Creatine.

Do you think the BCAA’s and HOT-ROX Extreme would be beneficial now, or should I wait until my natural progress slows before adding a fat burner and aminos?

Thanks again.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Thanks for the response Bill. I enjoy your articles quite a bit.

I guess I don’t have to worry about intestinal discomfort any more, so I’ll check into Creatine.

Do you think the BCAA’s and HOT-ROX Extreme would be beneficial now, or should I wait until my natural progress slows before adding a fat burner and aminos?

Thanks again. [/quote]

Add them now. If you wait until your progress slows you may already have lost too much LBM. HRX is designed to prevent that and should be taken immediately at the start of a cut.

BCAA’s should be a part of your regimen 24/7, 365.

Just my $0.02…

Yes, even when fat loss would be relatively easy without anything, due to being high, fat will still be lost very substantially faster with HRX than without.

BCAA’s are way more subtle.

eengrms76 brings up a good point with regard to lean mass too.

Ok. Thanks very much for the advice.

I’m definitely going to add the supps immediately.